Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Drednaw and Corviknight are ABSOLUTELY going part of my team unless there are too many great Pokémon designs to choose from. Good to see a hint that HMs won't return.

Can't say much about Dynamax... looks like Z-Moves with gigantism. Raid Battles sound interesting, but it seems only one trainer can catch a Pokémon, which sounds like something that can cause strife between players.

Everything was fine and dandy... but then the legendaries appeared. My goodness, they look horrible! Who thought dogs were a good idea?

Last edited:
Game looks frighteningly GO-ey so far, with what seem like just slightly upscaled 3DS models/graphics.
Dynamax sounds like an action figure of old. Hopefully online is going to see some meaningful improvements.

Really looking forward to the wild side. It seems to be like a Pokémon open world. Not sure on Dynamax though. Would have preferred to focus on Mega Evolutions and Z Moves, but we’ll see.

Not a fan of the Legendaries though. They look way too similar to one another, and the blue one reminds me of Solgaleo strangely. The box art is kind of dull too.

Well now I'm getting Sword so that I can get Great Wolf Sif....I mean Zacian

The Champion has a Mega-Charizard Y so I guess Megas are present. Now I wonder if they can also Dynamax (Which looks pretty good and seems to replace Z moves)

I was honestly pretty underwhelmed with the Dynamaxing route they decided to take. The Pokemon designs themselves are a mixed bag with the small showcase (Dredmaw being best in show). I'm actually glad for the underdesigned legendaries...but they look so similar (I wonder what that's about?)

A different colour scheme on the legends alone would have made a huge difference IMO.

Some Pokemon typings and abilities are out:
Standard Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent for the starters
Gossifleur and Eldegoss (grass) get a new ability わたげ (literally fluff in English) and Regenerator
Wooloo (normal) gets Fluffy and Run Away
Corviknight (flying/steel) gets Pressure and Unnerve
Drednaw (water/rock) gets Strong Jaw and Shell Armor

EDIT: わたげ, or Cotton Down in English, is just Gooey

Last edited:
Game looks frighteningly GO-ey so far, with what seem like just slightly upscaled 3DS models/graphics.
Dynamax sounds like an action figure of old. Hopefully online is going to see some meaningful improvements.
That’s not nessarily a bad thing. At least it allows exploration that adjusts camera angles. I’l be fine as long as there no Go-catching mechanics. If it’s a success they may consider doing more open world areas like these.

Dreading the idea that Dynamax might be used outside of regular gameplay. Armored evolution would’ve been a much better option.

Can’t say much about the Pokémon revealed since we probably don’t have final evolutions yet but the bird is beautiful. Legendaries are both not great but my choice is sword based on this video. Hope we get a release soon with types and abilities.

Well it starts! This is always an exciting time because now the videos of new Pokémon are about to start trickling in. Hopefully it won’t be as much of a buzzkill as SuMo.

If Dynamax is a way to put a stop to the power creep caused by the introduction of Mega Evolution, then I'm sold.

Corviknight is easily the best reveal, imo. Disappointed with the desgins of the new legendaries, particularly Zacian. It looks like the love child of Keldeo and Lycanroc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)