Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

I feel like the new Trick Room item would be a lot more interesting if, say, it also increases defences or offences. As is it seems difficult to justify over giving any other item; even Dynamax.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
It definitely looks like a replica of White Herb, just with red card's effect instead.
I'm still skeptical on if it'd be "that" busted as permament considering enemy Intimidate or faster pokemon's 20% stat drop / dinamax stat drop can trigger it and you'd be basically playing with one less pokemon anytime enemy has one.
If the opponent ha an intimidate mon that just means you get a free switch into your counter for that intimidate mon every time it comes in on the Eject Pack user- this is a good thing for the Eject Pack user, definitely not “one less Pokémon”

Eject Pack absolutely cannot be permanent, as otherwise two teams full of Intimidators with Eject Packs would force an endless battle that doesn't even get as far as the first turn.

Based on existing precedent for how Eject Button works, if you Parting Shot into an opponent's Eject Pack, they switch and you don't; if you're in doubles and Leer or Snarl into two Eject Packs, the faster one switches while the slower one is stuck with the stat drop.

Looking at Trick Room again, it seems like the Dynamaxed pokemon stays outside of the effect area. I wonder if will they be unaffected to the move?

Neutralizing gas, assuming that it works like an auto gastro acid, has insane potential imo both offensively and defensively considering how many mons rely on their abilities to be useful. Just to give a few examples it means gliscor's poison will now ironically wear itself down, serp and huge power users r now essentially deadweight, weather sweepers can be revenge killed easily, magic bouncers can't block hazards, magic guard users take passive damage, ate users lose their stab, defiant users can be defogged, prankster users lose priority, on top of potentially interesting matchup against weather setters, greninjas, regen users and ditto. And that is discounting the ability disabling so many other broken abilities like adaptability, water bubble, triage.

Sucks that the user is an alolan weezing who most likely will not be able to take advantage of the ability fully considering it might lack the speed and movepool. But well one has to hope.

Unfortunately seems it'll most likely be a variant of mold breaker. Just throwing out some thoughts.

Last edited:
Unfortunately seems it'll most likely be a variant of mold breaker. Just throwing out some thoughts.
It's actually much more broad than Mold Breaker, as the Neutralizing Gas user prevents the activation of abilities like Intimidate and Emergency Exit (as shown in the video) that Mold Breaker has no interaction with, prevent the misdirect effect from abilities like Storm Drain that Mold Breaker does not prevent, or things like Levitate's interaction with entry hazards that Mold Breaker requires specific conditions to affect.

Of course, in the case of Intimidate, once it switches out, it will take effect immediately afterwards... but it depends on how it works in singles.

Describing it as a variation of Mold Breaker is putting it very lightly. Not to mention it can help partner Pokémon in doubles (Slaking, Regigigas and Archeops if available lose their drawbacks; delaying Intimidate or Weather-setting abilities is another option as they are all activated once Weezing switches out), though the applications in that case must be carefully planned.

Last edited:
With the introduction of Neutralising Gas, Galarian Weezing's likely going to be a very useful support Pkm in VGC.

While the ability does affect every Pkm in the battle, you can chose when to switch out Galarian Weezing to activate an ability of your other Pkm. So, in a way, you exert some control over the game.

Moreover, the fact that Neutralising Gas suppresses abilities such as Intimidate means that your physical oriented attacker are going to be a huge pain to your opponent as they have less effective ways to deal with your partner's attacks.

Already, a dynamax move based on a fighting move increases the attack stat of all your Pkm on the field. This would make your dynamaxed Pkm of choice even more dangerous than before.

Now, Galarian Weezing only needs to learn Imprison to make people really respect it as they would have to rely on something like Detect to prevent any huge damages to their Pkm.

On another note, I like what GF did with the new items, however, I don't think Room Service's going to be used much as most Pkm would prefer a pinch berry or a boosting item such as Life Orb in VGC. I might could see it on Milotic, though, since it's bulky and has access to Competitive.

As for Eject Pack, Pkm that prefers to attack and run away would really love Galarian Weezing's support since they no longer have to fear Intimidate. The item might be also useful on fast Intimidate user who are quite strong and would dislike loosing their momentum by being hindered by the attack reduction.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Exhaustion Beam translates into Steel Beam? I... I'd like to change my reason for not buying Shield from [redacted] to this and ask for the people that chose the English name to please be fired.
The reveal of the move name Baddy Bad was the final straw that led me to decide not to buy LGPE. Whoever came up with that name should have been fired, whoever did quality control and thought "this is OK" should be thrown into a scorpion pit. But alas, it seems like the evil duo escaped justice and for some reason still work at Nintendo's translation department, doing their best to inform the world about their incompetence.

On another note, I like what GF did with the new items, however, I don't think Room Service's going to be used much as most Pkm would prefer a pinch berry or a boosting item such as Life Orb in VGC. I might could see it on Milotic, though, since it's bulky and has access to Competitive.
And it could also work on something with Defiant. Say, Bisharp, with its subpar Speed and very high Attack.

Unfortunately, most Pokémon with Defiant or Competitive are either too fast or have a low corresponding offensive stat, so Room Service would be pretty much limited to those two cases... unless more are to come in Gen VIII.

The reveal of the move name Baddy Bad was the final straw that led me to decide not to buy LGPE. Whoever came up with that name should have been fired, whoever did quality control and thought "this is OK" should be thrown into a scorpion pit. But alas, it seems like the evil duo escaped justice and for some reason still work at Nintendo's translation department, doing their best to inform the world about their incompetence.
I found somewhat interesting that the other localizations of those moves don't sound as ugly... it's just the English ones that do.

So.. a single punch thrown out of the sky like a meteor.

We need to get rid of this move ASAP.

In all seriousness tho, Neutralizing Gas can be a very interesting option even in singles. There are just too many mons that absolutely need their ability.

Corviknight's Hidden one (Mirror Armor iirc) is also pretty cool tbh. Guess a lot of Defoggers are going to get hit with their own debuffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)