Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Listening to the clip, it sounds like a galloping horse. Some kind of very small unicorn?
It’s a Jigglypuff, seen from above!

If it appears to be a hose, maybe it’s a Kelpie? They’re basically water horses that try to drag people into lakes and drown them. (Question is, New ‘mon or Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash?)
I’m hoping it’s a Pegasus, since we already have a kelpie and unicorn Pokémon.

Sources told me the real Truth. Professor Magnolia was going to receive a visit from Professor Rowan and she wanted some privacy, so she sent Sonia away for 24 hours. Since this has probably happened before, Sonia thought that she could trick trainers into doing the work for her while she goes to a spa for a beauty treatment.

She's gonna be shining tomorrow, just you wait.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I know y'all told me to wait but honestly I'm bored and impatient so to hell with it here's a dex count update for this current period in time

Kanto - 47 (44 original, 3 regional variants) (+2 since Galarian Rapidash kinda has to happen if one for Ponyta exists)
Johto - 24 (15 original, 5 cross-gen evolutions, 4 cross-gen pre-evolutions)
Hoenn - 29 (26 original, 2 regional variants, 1 cross-gen pre-evolution)
Sinnoh - 31 (19 original, 9 cross-gen evolutions, 3 cross-gen pre-evolutions)
Unova - 53 (all original)
Kalos - 28 (25 original, 1 cross-gen evolution) (+2)
Alola - 24 (all original) (+2)
Galar - 30 (28 original, 2 cross-gen evolutions) (I've decided to add 2nd and 3rd stages for starters in advance as well as Corviknight 1st and 2nd form and Drednaw and Alcremie 1st forms discovered/deduced from that photo app datamine, coming out to +10)
Total - 266 (+16)

Percentages (Rounded down)
Kanto - 31% of Kanto mons, 17% of Galar dex
Johto - 24% of Johto mons, 9% of Galar dex
Hoenn - 21% of Hoenn mons, 10% of Galar dex
Sinnoh - 28% of Sinnoh mons, 11% of Galar dex
Unova - 34% of Unova mons, 19% of Galar dex
Kalos - 41% of Kalos mons, 10% of Galar dex
Alola - 27% of Alola mons, 9% of Galar dex
Galar - 11% of Galar dex

Proportionally speaking, Kalos has taken a huge lead with over 40% of its Pokedex currently confirmed for the game. When it comes to the overall Pokedex, Kanto and Unova are in front while every other generation is pretty similar, hovering the 10% range. The gap between the most represented and least represented generation (Hoenn) is 20%.

Moreover, I wanted to talk about Galarian Ponyta. Now, we got two potential sources of inspiration for it being deliberated over: Kelpie and unicorns. While this Ponyta's color scheme does match up somewhat with traditional depictions of the Kelpie, I definitely stand with the camp that thinks it's a unicorn. If the additional horn that usually only Rapidash has didn't give it away, the fact it exists in a forest which seemingly is home to quite a few Fairies (a likely typing for a unicorn-themed pokemon) did the job. Kelpie has been shown in grassy areas, but usually it's in swamps, not glowy mushroom forests. From there, we could infer a possible pegasus-themed evolution for Rapidash. My thoughts? Hell yeah, more regional variants. Although, I must say, if this Ponyta is a fairy, I'm content but a tad disappointed in a way. I think they're revealing too many fairies in all honesty, 4 so far, +the only other fully evolved regular Galarian form shown thus far (Weezing) is also a Fairy. Give some other types a fair shake!

And honestly, in spite how boring this has been at times, it's been fun getting together and waiting to see what'll happen next. I've especially enjoyed some of the memes this has spawned! Incredible how a 24-hour still of some woods has united a community in such a turbulent state...

Last edited:
We’re almost 1/3 and of the way through and I’m a bit surprised that out of all the (sparse, as we expected) Pokémon they have shown so far, there have been no Bug or Bird Pokémon. So far we’ve seen only Grass and Fairy types, with the obligatory pikachu. Maybe when the forest is put in night mode they’ll appear?

Moreover, I wanted to talk about Galarian Ponyta. Now, we got two potential sources of inspiration for it being deliberated over: Kelpie and unicorns. While this Ponyta's color scheme does match up somewhat with traditional depictions of the Kelpie, I definitely stand with the camp that thinks it's a unicorn. If the additional horn that usually only Rapidash has didn't give it away, the fact it exists in a forest which seemingly is home to quite a few Fairies (a likely typing for a unicorn-themed pokemon) did the job. Kelpie has been shown in grassy areas, but usually it's in swamps, not glowy mushroom forests. From there, we could infer a possible pegasus-themed evolution for Rapidash. My thoughts? Hell yeah, more regional variants. Although, I must say, if this Ponyta is a fairy, I'm content but a tad disappointed in a way. I think they're revealing too many fairies in all honesty, 4 so far, +the only other fully evolved regular Galarian form shown thus far (Weezing) is also a Fairy. Give some other types a fair shake!
Just imagine if this Galarian Ponyta we are assuming is the case were purple...

That being said, I'm surprised at the complete lack of revealed Bug-types, given this stunt is about a forest. I mean, not even a confirmed returning Bug-type was revealed...

We’re almost 1/3 and of the way through and I’m a bit surprised that out of all the (sparse, as we expected) Pokémon they have shown so far, there have been no Bug or Bird Pokémon. So far we’ve seen only Grass and Fairy types, with the obligatory pikachu. Maybe when the forest is put in night mode they’ll appear?
I'm not hoping for many bugs and birds. There probably will be something but this forest looks like a haunted one, with ghosts and fairies. That's why I'm believing more and more that the new revealed mon is a Ghost/Water Kelpie

TPC is straight up trolling now, having Impidimp walk right up to the camera just in time to block the horse walking by in the background :P

For the little bit we can see, the horse pokemon definitely looks a lot smaller and more MLP-like than Ponyta.

View attachment 198768
View attachment 198769
Impidimp can do another vanishing act for the next 2 months after pulling that off. I'm putting it on my 10 worst mons list.

So far it definitely seems like this is all just building up to Galarian Ponyta and maybe finally Impidimp reveals. I hope it becomes night soon or something and changes the mons for the last twelve hours to reveal some other new things, since a 24 hour stream just to reveal one completely new mon and the morellul and phantump lines seems a bit excessive. At least sirfetch'd didn't require poor ol' serebii to pull a 24h shift!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)