Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Has anyone else been able to replicate what happened to that one person who completed the National Dex and then got a Magearna with invalid moves?
The gift itself was removed shortly after discovery, but there's other sources and more information on the likes of reddit. It does seem like some kind of mistake but I think the people with it still have it.

Apparently the Magearna is 0 IV, 252 HP/SpA + 6 Def in EVs, has a set Brave nature, and comes with a ton of ribbons...
1581628852481.png

EDIT: Some are still getting it; it seems hit or miss.

Last edited:
If they ever fix it, I hope they make it the "original color" Magearna instead of standard Magearna. Standard Magearna is like...the only mythical you can easily get at any time in a game's life. You just need to beat SMUSUM and scan a QR code. Bam, yours. No post game quest/event (Deoxys, ORAS/Celebi VC Crystal), no capture to go through, no need to buy a $50 peripheral, no need to aquire pre-order bonus discs that also require a link cable, nothing.

So the easiest Mythical being the reward for wringing together all pokemon into the National Dex is just a little eh. But the Original Color Magearna was never released, so it'd be a novel collector's item.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok so if you've been keeping up with the datamine scene, you know that within Home TM/TR learnsets for every single Pokemon were recently discovered. I've seen people thinking that this hints towards the complete dex eventually being added in. I'd like to talk about this notion a bit and start a broader discussion.

On the one hand, I am very skeptical that this means anything in regards to a complete pokedex. It doesn't seem like generating TR learnsets for every Pokemon new moves included would be that much of a massive task, it could be totally possible they just did it as a placeholder. On the other hand, you also wonder why they updated everyone to begin with if they only intend on bringing the number up to ~600 Pokemon post-DLCs. At the very least, this seems to imply they didn't know who was gonna be in the DLCs and just made sets for everyone in case.

If this really does mean the complete pokedex is returning, how we getting those extra 200-something Pokemon? Could there be even more updates and DLCs after Crown Tundra?

If this really does mean the complete pokedex is returning, how we getting those extra 200-something Pokemon? Could there be even more updates and DLCs after Crown Tundra?
They could just be preparing for whatever happens after.

In the end, there's no reason for the games that come after SwSh to not have the entire pokedex now that they are done with porting models & animations.

Not that I'd mind having a "final" DLC which brings everything eh.

Ok so if you've been keeping up with the datamine scene, you know that within Home TM/TR learnsets for every single Pokemon were recently discovered. I've seen people thinking that this hints towards the complete dex eventually being added in. I'd like to talk about this notion a bit and start a broader discussion.

On the one hand, I am very skeptical that this means anything in regards to a complete pokedex. It doesn't seem like generating TR learnsets for every Pokemon new moves included would be that much of a massive task, it could be totally possible they just did it as a placeholder. On the other hand, you also wonder why they updated everyone to begin with if they only intend on bringing the number up to ~600 Pokemon post-DLCs. At the very least, this seems to imply they didn't know who was gonna be in the DLCs and just made sets for everyone in case.

I was and am convinced that other DLCs are in the works, despite this.

The learnset stuff doesn't either confirm nor deny anything in this regard, it goes both ways: either a confirmation of future adds, or early place-holding for general Switch learnsets for future games.

Now that they've announced DLCs, it would be counter-intuitive to go from Crown Tundra to Holidays 2021 (the most likely window for a new release) without updates - if the industry is anything to predict on, it will be at least a massive DLC drop or two smaller ones akin to the ones we're getting.

Now, if there were some sort of compensation for the lost Hyper Trained stats prior to this fix it would be nice.
To be fair they've been throwing BPs and caps at people every other week at least :>

(Also I don't know for others, but simply transferring my Bank to Home net me over 300 BP)

While we know that all the Pokemon will have to be available on the Switch at some point, whether in this gen or the next, I find it weird that they assigned TMs/TRs to all the Pokemon. It makes me think that these Pokemon will be introduced this gen, as the TM/TR list usually changes slightly from gen to gen. I think more DLC is coming.

At the very least, this gives NatDex meta players something to bring the missing mons closer in line to the actual OU meta, assuming this list isn't a bug of some sort.

Also LOL on Garchomp not getting Dragon Dance but Kartana getting Solar Blade and Stakataka getting Body Press.

While we know that all the Pokemon will have to be available on the Switch at some point, whether in this gen or the next, I find it weird that they assigned TMs/TRs to all the Pokemon. It makes me think that these Pokemon will be introduced this gen, as the TM/TR list usually changes slightly from gen to gen. I think more DLC is coming.

At the very least, this gives NatDex meta players something to bring the missing mons closer in line to the actual OU meta, assuming this list isn't a bug of some sort.

Also LOL on Garchomp not getting Dragon Dance but Kartana getting Solar Blade and Stakataka getting Body Press.
And Regigigas getting Protect & Rest.

Has anyone gotten shiny Lunala, Necrozma or Solgaleo to trade or battle online? Been hearing that was an issue. I also can't seem to connect my Nintendo account to Home, keeps giving me an error... the roll out of this was pretty terrible.

Hope they do better for the paid expansions.

Just to round up...

- Pokémon in Safari and Sport Balls cannot be traded
- XD: Gale of Darkness-exclusive moves do not pass the legality check
- Random crashes happen all the time
- Malicious Pokémon cause your Y-comm to stop working entirely if traded to you
- Trouble opening up the Home app period
- Certain event Pokémon such as Shiny Lunala cannot be used online
- Hyper Training from Gen 7 gets removed

Have I missed anything? This is... this is certainly more trouble than Bank had.

Has anyone gotten shiny Lunala, Necrozma or Solgaleo to trade or battle online? Been hearing that was an issue.
Specifically, it seems that any Cherish ball pokemon cannot be used in online features.

Don't ask me why, but seems consistent, as all my Cherish ball pokemon are blocked from being used in raids or trades as well (but I can use other pokemon regularly from any gen, being it 1 2 6 or 7)

Just to round up...

- Pokémon in Safari and Sport Balls cannot be traded
- XD: Gale of Darkness-exclusive moves do not pass the legality check
- Random crashes happen all the time
- Malicious Pokémon cause your Y-comm to stop working entirely if traded to you
- Trouble opening up the Home app period
- Hyper Training from Gen 7 gets removed

Have I missed anything? This is... this is certainly more trouble than Bank had.
If that wasn't bad enough, read 12.2.
EQkpOdNU4Acyz20?format=jpg&name=medium

This screenshot came from another forum, a non-Pokemon, and they were outraged, especially 12.2. They knew there was going to be bugs and yet they still released the app despite know potential problems. What's worse, there basically saying that they don't have to fix the app if they don't want to. This is a new low. Its official, I'm not downloading it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)