Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
That reminds me, in B&W there was different wild battle music when facing a pokemon with a higher level iirc, so theres a possibility that there could be the case of that being added

Has there been any screen shots of the in game stat screen for Pokemon yet? The screen that shows the moves, EVs, ability and all that of a specific Pokemon in a box.

And is there any date they will reveal all of the Pokemon that will be in the game or do we have to wait until people discover everything in game?

Last edited:
I don’t think Corocoro will release a guide. They’re just advertising it. The map itself will come with the guide in the form of a poster, and it looks like it’ll be pretty detailed.
I am sure they won’t release a guide, just a list of features that will likely be 80% - 100% stuff we already know and call that a guide.

Has there been any screen shots of the in game stat screen for Pokemon yet? The screen that shows the moves, EVs, ability and all that of a specific Pokemon in a box.

And is there any date they will reveal all of the Pokemon that will be in the game or do we have to wait until people discover everything in game?
We will find out when people start playing the game or are able to datamine all that info.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, comparing the Wild Area Map (WAM) to the Galar Region Artwork (GRA) I see a few interesting details:
  1. The WAM shows the Lake District's left side stops before reaching the trestle bridge while the GRA doesn't show any barrier that would stop the player from going underneath and past the bridge.
  2. That island in the middle of the left lake looks to have more to it on the WAM than just trees shown on the GRA.
  3. On the thin stripe part of the Wild Area between the Lake District & desert area there looks to be a small pond of water on the WAM that's not present on the GRA.
  4. Before passing the bridge that connects the cities which has the Grass and Water Gyms, right after where that above mentioned unmarked pond is, on the WAM the Wild Area suddenly expands out. Once again, not shown on the GRA.
  5. Infact, if the empty space next to the in-between strip is where the steampunk city is, the steampunk city is closer to that bridge on the WAM then the GRA would make us to believe.
  6. The desert area is MUCH larger on the WAM than the GRA. The GRA would make you think it was a small segment but the WAM shows that it covers a significant amount of area.
  7. Just before the dragon castle city to the left there is another pond. On the GRA it shows there's some land piece of land only reachable via surfing over it though there's only trees there. WAM shows there's a bit more to that bit of land.
Now the Lake District you can tell was a bit squished on the GRA though that's to be expected, but how much the squished the desert area surprised me because the GRA make it look like it was only this small segment you'll probably fully explore in a few minutes. Like WAM shows its half the size of the Lake District, GRA makes it look like fifth or sixth the size. Not to mention the differences between the in-between strip area was also surprising as that's a notable inaccuracy on the GRA's part than just squishing/shrinking down an area. Not quite sure why they did that cause otherwise the GRA looks accurate. Is the shape of the region also inaccurate as with all these differences should mean Galar is wider.

• Note: By first town they mean the first town AFTER the home town. And obviously the first town is bigger in the game than it is on the GRA.
  • 0:14: Okay, neat detail, you can see through open doors and looks like they build maybe a mini diorama of what the inside of the building looks like. I say it's a mini diorama as I'm pretty sure if you enter the building it'll likely load a bigger location then would actually fit in the building, but it's a neat bit of detail regardless that connections the inside and outside.
  • 0:45: Ugh, that pop-in. They really couldn't load in NPCs that far away?
  • 0:53: Oh, that's cute, the Pokemon Center have a blue banner with a shopping bag to represent the PokeMart!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
  • Note: By first town they mean the first town AFTER the home town. And obviously the first town is bigger in the game than it is on the GRA.
  • 0:14: Okay, neat detail, you can see through open doors and looks like they build maybe a mini diorama of what the inside of the building looks like. I say it's a mini diorama as I'm pretty sure if you enter the building it'll likely load a bigger location then would actually fit in the building, but it's a neat bit of detail regardless that connections the inside and outside.
  • 0:45: Ugh, that pop-in. They really couldn't load in NPCs that far away?
  • 0:53: Oh, that's cute, the Pokemon Center have a blue banner with a shopping bag to represent the PokeMart!
This may only be something I care about, but is there any gameplay footage without that Y icon in the corner of the screen? It'll frustrate the hell out of me if you can't turn it off since even just in that video my eyes keep getting drawn to it when trying to focus on the rest of the screen.

If you squint even more than you can also see a gothita in the background of that picture. Also on the 10.3 GB, how big were sun and moon? Would give a better indication of how large the game will be.
Can't really compare with SM because everything is different and they were ridiculously bad at optimizing the files inside the games. SM had 3.2 GB, USUM had 3.6 gb. A better comparison would be BoTW, which has 13.4 GB. Pokémon Sushi sits at an SM smaller than BoTW and roughly double the size of Super Mario Odyssey (5.3).

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
W-w-wait. Turtonator is confirmed? That's interesting, because he's a duo with...

OH MY LORD
1571057158335.png

HE'S COMING HOME. I'M GONNA SEE MY BOY IN HD YES YES THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE HE'S GONNA LOOK SO CRISP AND CLEAN AND GOOD AND HE'S GONNA GET TO ENJOY A DECREPT META. RU DRAMPA MIGHT BE REAL AND THAT IS FUCKING NUTWORTHY, ESPECIALLY SINCE TRICK ROOM IS ACTUALLY GOOD THIS TIME AROUND.

THANK YOU ENTERTAINMENT MANIAC. NOW TELL US WHICH VERSION YUNG DRAMPS IS EXCLUSIVE TO SO I CAN FULLY DECIDE MY PURCHASE

dex size update coming soon btw

10.2GB is relatively big for a Switch game. The biggest games tend to get on this system is about 14-15; that's where BotW, Dragon Quest XI S, Smash Ultimate and Xenoblade 2 lie and there's barely anything beyond that. The Spyro trilogy is one of the few things larger and that was a game designed for more powerful consoles that had to get optimised down for this one, which should give you a good idea.

To look at more typical file sizes on the system, MK8DX is 6.8; Sonic Forces is 6.8; and Splatoon 2 is 6.1. We're hardly breaking the console here, but 10.2 is pretty big and substantial within that context.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Kanto - 47 (44 original, 3 regional variants)
Johto - 24 (15 original, 5 cross-gen evolutions, 4 cross-gen pre-evolutions)
Hoenn - 29 (26 original, 2 regional variants, 1 cross-gen pre-evolution)
Sinnoh - 31 (19 original, 9 cross-gen evolutions, 3 cross-gen pre-evolutions)
Unova - 56 (all original) (+3)
Kalos - 28 (25 original, 1 cross-gen evolution)
Alola - 25 (all original) (+1)
Galar - 30 (28 original, 2 cross-gen evolutions)
Total - 270 (+4)

Percentages (Rounded down, no overall Galar dex %)
Kanto - 31% of Kanto mons
Johto - 24% of Johto mons
Hoenn - 21% of Hoenn mons
Sinnoh - 28% of Sinnoh mons
Unova - 36% of Unova mons
Kalos - 41% of Kalos mons
Alola - 28% of Alola mons

At this point, the relative lack of Johto and Hoenn Pokemon is becoming pretty noticeable. Makes me wonder if there's a bunch of unrevealed Galarian forms for those two gens that will help beef up their representation. Alola had 18 regional variants in total, and rn if we count currently revealed Galarian forms + Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd and the leaked Meowth form we'd be at 9 in total, which theoretically leaves about another half of the Galarian form pool for gen 2 and 3 stuff assuming it's more or less the same size as Alola's roster.

Last edited:
Nice, hopefully the step up from Let's Go's file size isn't just due to more mons + improved graphics engine and is an indication that there will be more than enough other content to justify the price tag.

The size makes me wonder how much space I have on my Switch's SD card, and whether I ought to get cartridge over eShop this time. I usually go with eShop so I can play asap. Does anyone in the US have experience with the reliability of Amazon's release day delivery using Amazon Prime?

Can't really compare with SM because everything is different and they were ridiculously bad at optimizing the files inside the games. SM had 3.2 GB, USUM had 3.6 gb. A better comparison would be BoTW, which has 13.4 GB. Pokémon Sushi sits at an SM smaller than BoTW and roughly double the size of Super Mario Odyssey (5.3).
10.3 GB doesn't mean anything if developers can't optimize at all.
Not sure what exactly you both are referring to about SM/USUM having terrible optimization, but in case it's about that claim that the developers had duplicate models for several areas (e.g., a separate model of Lilly for nearly every time she appears) and encrypting/decrypting 100s of unnecessary times, then that's just some misunderstanding and misinformation that was spreading a while back.

See this Kaphotics twitter thread:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)