Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Given that the region appears to be England, maybe they’ll both take on a knight theme of some kind? But that feels very predictable. Then again, we did get a literal X and Y for Gen 6, so....
Looks a bit more like Germany to me but who knows.

First of all, if you aren't part of GrassStarterMasterRace I do not aknowledge you as my friend.

That aside, holy they look gorgeous.

I can safely assume everyone who had weird fears about Let's Go horribly destroying the core series can finally rest in peace, the game looks in everything perfectly comparable to the core games we're used to, from encounters to battle to following and improving SM/USUM graphics.

Ahem...

"I...AM...GROOKEY!"

Actually Grookey=Sobble>>Scorbunny (I really don't care for Scorbunny's design)

Aside from tha the region looks beautiful

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, it’s very strange we never saw the legendaries.

Given that the region appears to be England, maybe they’ll both take on a knight theme of some kind? But that feels very predictable. Then again, we did get a literal X and Y for Gen 6, so....
I'd say it had a Scandanavian feel personally, there wasn't much there that reminded me of the UK (other than the clock tower, but many countries have them).

Also, the game looks gorgeous. I didn't like the looks of Let's Go, couldn't say exactly why, but this looks amazing. Day 1 purchase for me.

Just hope it's not linear, fixed camera nonsense that the 3Ds could easily run but they put it in HD on switch. Once the developers evolve from that I'll be sold on this.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope the Shield cover legendary has really good SpDef too so we don't have some like Avalugg-like spread. The Sword cover legendary might have the generic 150 Attack but hoping for more (especially as Kartana has base 181 lol). Aegi has 150 each so they both better outdo that.

And I couldn't help but see this

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The region is very clearly based on the UK. Tudor-style houses, the southern city's landmark is literally St. Pancras station (EDIT: Or Manchester Town Hall), the tower in the middle city is based on Blackpool Tower, the northernmost city has London Eye AND Big Ben, and the region is also peppered with a hill figure, railroads, and general British countryside. And it has a Hadrian's Mountain between the industrial city and the icy area.

Also, boo for the icy area being late-game again. Looks like there will be yet more generations until we get an Ice-type that may actually be used against the region's Gyms. Or I guess they are soccer stadiums now instead of Gyms...

I'm irked that Galar doesn't immediately resemble a real-world location as a base; some signs point to Britain, but... that geography does not look like the island of Britain, especially since it seems to be a long peninsula rather than an island*.

Really enjoying the European aesthetic, though; it feels a lot like Kalos (which I adored aesthetically), right down to the colour palettes of the starters matching their Kalos counterparts pretty closely.

*EDIT: Wait wait, someone pointed out that it looks a lot more like Britain turned upside-down, which makes things geographically more sensible even if it puts the climate the wrong way round.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)