Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Just an FYI that over half of Game Freak's staff is working on Town. And nothing is stoping them from hiring temps to help with animations considering the software is fairly standardized.
There is no source saying that. They did say Town is a big thing for them, but as far as I know they have never made any statements about how much staff is being dedicated to it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/game-freak-prioritising-original-game-projects/

They confirmed that the Pokémon staff is team 2 and less of a priority. We can extrapolate from this and Town's generally higher quality that it has a bigger team.
I know this, the thing is saying "they are dedicating over half of their staff" is a plausible assumption, but nonetheless an assumption which you're treating like fact. For all we know they could be dedicating just 20-50 really good employees while the rest work on SWSH.

Player feedback
>TWIP as a source
(ok but seriously, we're banking on 1 testimony out of potentially thousands from a guy who isn't exactly the king of integrity or good content?)

Surprised, but very pleasantly surprised that they're keeping regional forms. Also VERY pleasantly surprised that they're moving beyond Gen 1, and even giving them exclusive evolutions. More of this, please.

Though this does make me curious if Alolan Forms will be transferable, and if normal Zigzagoon and Weezing will be transferable too.

Well we got another confirmation that the previous 4chan leak was real, which is good! Can’t wait for sirfetch’d.

I love how Team Yell has what looks like vuvuzelas, really playing up to the obnoxious footbol fan trope. Also lol at them just standing on the side waving banners as you battle Marine.

I’m happy that zigzagoon is getting another evolution, and with good abilities. That 4x weak to fighting typing though.

Is electric/dark a new type combo? Really was hoping that would have gone to a shinx regional form. Also, is this the new pikaclone?

Finally, what does the ??? mean for Weezing’s second ability?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Oh my god. Oh my fucking god.

Literally the ONLY thing I was waiting for this trailer was the confirmation that regional variants were returning, because as I once explained in the unpopular opinions thread, I find the idea brilliant at a conceptual level. I was already hyped when I saw the thumbnail and thought "Oh shit, they're returning AND they're moving past Kanto!" And when I saw the evolution animation play for Linoone I just about lost it (didn't notice the evolution in the thumbnail).

Galarian Weezing and Linoone/Obstagoon are both very strong starts to this new line of forms. I chuckled at the former's pollutant elements forming into a fancy mustache and top hats, and Obstagoon was a cool and pleasant surprise.

Everything else I was kinda indifferent towards honestly. But I got what I wanted and my purchase is solidified because of it so I barely care. Also one of the Team Yell goons is straight up holding a Marnie body pillow. Yeah yeah it's a banner, but I'mma say it's a body pillow because that's funnier.

Finally, what does the ??? mean for Weezing’s second ability?
Should mean it does have a second normal ability which they don't want to reveal just yet.
HAs were never shown in the presentations (none of the other pokemon has their HA even mentioned, not even the starters)

I am curious to see if there's a Galar Koffing or this is a regional evolution.

Galarian Weezing and Linoone/Obstagoon are both very strong starts to this new line of forms. I chuckled at the former's pollutant elements forming into a fancy mustache and top hats, and Obstagoon was a cool and pleasant surprise.
I love the "lore" behind it. Weezing breaths poisonous gas (which stagnates forming its mustaches) and releases purified gas from the chimneys (hence the fairy type).

That mustache and chimneys are SO english.

So are there now form-exclusive evolutions?

That being said, about the designs... Galarian Weezing's top hat is so silly it's funny, and Obstagoon looks quite bad compared to its pre-evos, but I hope it looks better when animated. The rest is ok. I don't plan on using any of them anyway, as they lack the "scales or feathers" requirement.

The villains kind of make sense, being hooligans in a UK-based region, but I fear they could be too similar to Team Skull. I hope not.

PS: According to the website, Morpeko's ability makes it change forms (and therefore, its signature move's type) every turn.

Last edited:
Morpeko is hilarious. The Linoone evolution seems great. I'm curious if the non-regional forms will still be in these games, and if so, whether they'll be transfer only.

They have job boards at the Pokemon Center. It's a Job Centre. I'm cackling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)