Pokemon Sword & Shield Isle of Armour & Crown Tundra discussion

Peony gives you another Master Ball wow. Also legitimately laughed when the big title Peony has for the expedition spun onto screen like it's a corny 90's shounen

E1: Also having a Pokemon actually talk to you is something I'm surprised to see the main series hasn't done until now.

E2: Really hype about them talking about
Calyrex's steed. Excited to maybe see a new Pokemon that wasn't announced beforehand, and if the book's in the mayor house is anything to go off of, it'll be Ghost/Ice

E3:
Bummed that we have to choose between Spectrier and whatever the Ice-type horse is. but not sure what I was expecting from Pokemon at this rate.

Last edited:
Wanna talk about Adventures some, since I definitely had some reservations. I only did the tutorial one, but the datamine thread had a few others that seem in-line.

I also haven't done this online.

First off, the rental Pokemon seem fairly competent. More than you'd expect. I had no real isseus with my rentals as I progressed through the den.
With the CPU you get right of first refusal. It generates 3 pokemon, you pick one, then it's replaced and the next down the line picks one. Not sure if CPUs just pick at random or what. Repeat until everyone has one.

You have 15 seconds to pick a given path. CPUs just auto-agree with you. You can take a second to view teh entire path if you like, too, there's no hiding what's where beyond hte smoke clouds.

The paths will sometimes have NPCs or berry patches. Scientists will let you swap out a rental Pokemon with a new one if you like. Adventurers carry 4 items, you get to pick one if you like. Mine had an Eviolite (useless for us), Blunder Policy, Muscle Band and a Misty Seed; I assume these are randomly generated. I actually didn't take a good look if the CPUs took the remaining, but I think they did.

So, the Pokemon themselves seem like they can be anything in the game? I ran into an alolan dugtrio and a g-max alcremie. Again these movesets aren't half bad. They seem significantly easier than normal. None of them ever put up barriers or anything; I also didn't see anyone use a g-max move but that always seems like RNG. They go by at a pretty fair clip, which is good.

When you beat a pokemon you choose to catch it (this DOES take a ball, by the way). If you catch it you, again, get right of first refusal. If you pass on a Pokemon after catching it, the CPU get to decide and by that I mean the first CPU took 2 of the 3 pokemon i left behind instantly, lol. Oddly, for the final selection, no one took anything. Maybe they thought they had a good match-up as-is for the final pokemon? NEeds more testing.

For my tutorial I got Suicune. Not sure if that's the same for everyone's first time. This was...not very hard! Again I didn't see any barriers or max moves. Suicune did get anxious as its helath got below half and started doing 2 moves a round, though. I suspect that the "stronger" legends will probably put up barriers and such, though.

Once the adventure is complete you can choose one of the Pokemon you caught. this includes the legendary. So I had an Alcremie, a Dugtrio, a Metang and Suicune to choose from. This selection stays even if someone else rents the pokemon or if you passed on renting someone. But I had to pick Suicune if I wanted it, the others are just released.. You Do get to check its stats and movepool so I suspect that if you dont like it, you can set it free and find it again later?

Dear GAME FREAK,

Please fire whoever was in charge of movepools for the Tapus, Spectrier, the new Regis, the Galar Birds, and Zamazenta this gen.

Perhaps kick them in the genitals first.

Last edited:
Fun that you say this, I could swear just few days ago the complaint was "who the fuck thought to give Koko Bulu and Lele the terrain moves" :blobglare:
I wasn't talking about the terrain moves, I was talking about the fact that Koko and Bulu didn't get Play Rough or CC, Lele didn't get Mystical Fire, and Fini didn't get Flip Turn.

I could do without Koko Rising Voltage spam, but taking away its physical Fairy STAB at the last fucking minute is too much.

I could do without Koko Rising Voltage spam, but taking away its physical Fairy STAB at the last fucking minute is too much.
Ehm, just so you know, those were just datamines of a incomplete version that was already proven to be inconsistent due to some changes from the pre-IoA datamine to the actual IoA release.

It's your own fault for creating yourself expectation over something not officially confirmed. :blobshrug:

Ehm, just so you know, those were just datamines of a incomplete version that was already proven to be inconsistent due to some changes from the pre-IoA datamine to the actual IoA release.

It's your own fault for creating yourself expectation over something not officially confirmed. :blobshrug:
Fair enough, still kinda bullshit though.

At least we can all agree that the movepools for the new Tundra mons are inexcusable... right?

Oh, I guess you can find legends you've already caught before down here. Hmm, that's probably going to be annoying...

Nia will sometimes look pumped and trade you ore to tell you where a legend she saw was; in my case it was Suicune and she gives fair warning you wont be able to catch it since I already caught one.

Also unrelated but... am I stupid enough to be missing something obvious and be the only person on planet stuck on the calyrex "quest"?

I've talked with everyone, even picked up carrot seeds, but nothing else happens.
Peony keeps saying to talk with the townsfolk, examining the statue still says that it feels it lacks something, and nothing happens if i go to the crown temple either.

Also unrelated but... am I stupid enough to be missing something obvious and be the only person on planet stuck on the calyrex "quest"?

I've talked with everyone, even picked up carrot seeds, but nothing else happens.
Peony keeps saying to talk with the townsfolk, examining the statue still says that it feels it lacks something, and nothing happens if i go to the crown temple either.
Go back to Peony’s house and check a certain object on the table.

This isn't meant as a knock against you or anyone else who had problems with it, but I do find it funny that, like

When I was going that quest and I saw the camera kept panning across and zooming in on the giant conspicious calyrex head sitting on the table as they kept talking about how the STATUE of the KING known for its BIG HEAD seems to be MISSING SOMETHING I was like yes okay gamefreak, i get it, have a little faith in me to notice this on my own.

But I guess they...might've needed to call a little more attention to it because I've now seen several people get stuck here.

I've been having trouble an answer to this, so would appreciate if someone knows: can you catch multiple "copies" of the same legendary/UB? For instance, can I repeat the Nihilego adventure to get more of them?

Wanna talk about Adventures some, since I definitely had some reservations. I only did the tutorial one, but the datamine thread had a few others that seem in-line.

I also haven't done this online.

First off, the rental Pokemon seem fairly competent. More than you'd expect. I had no real isseus with my rentals as I progressed through the den.
With the CPU you get right of first refusal. It generates 3 pokemon, you pick one, then it's replaced and the next down the line picks one. Not sure if CPUs just pick at random or what. Repeat until everyone has one.

You have 15 seconds to pick a given path. CPUs just auto-agree with you. You can take a second to view teh entire path if you like, too, there's no hiding what's where beyond hte smoke clouds.

The paths will sometimes have NPCs or berry patches. Scientists will let you swap out a rental Pokemon with a new one if you like. Adventurers carry 4 items, you get to pick one if you like. Mine had an Eviolite (useless for us), Blunder Policy, Muscle Band and a Misty Seed; I assume these are randomly generated. I actually didn't take a good look if the CPUs took the remaining, but I think they did.

So, the Pokemon themselves seem like they can be anything in the game? I ran into an alolan dugtrio and a g-max alcremie. Again these movesets aren't half bad. They seem significantly easier than normal. None of them ever put up barriers or anything; I also didn't see anyone use a g-max move but that always seems like RNG. They go by at a pretty fair clip, which is good.

When you beat a pokemon you choose to catch it (this DOES take a ball, by the way). If you catch it you, again, get right of first refusal. If you pass on a Pokemon after catching it, the CPU get to decide and by that I mean the first CPU took 2 of the 3 pokemon i left behind instantly, lol. Oddly, for the final selection, no one took anything. Maybe they thought they had a good match-up as-is for the final pokemon? NEeds more testing.

For my tutorial I got Suicune. Not sure if that's the same for everyone's first time. This was...not very hard! Again I didn't see any barriers or max moves. Suicune did get anxious as its helath got below half and started doing 2 moves a round, though. I suspect that the "stronger" legends will probably put up barriers and such, though.

Once the adventure is complete you can choose one of the Pokemon you caught. this includes the legendary. So I had an Alcremie, a Dugtrio, a Metang and Suicune to choose from. This selection stays even if someone else rents the pokemon or if you passed on renting someone. But I had to pick Suicune if I wanted it, the others are just released.. You Do get to check its stats and movepool so I suspect that if you dont like it, you can set it free and find it again later?
Ok so suicune was also my first pokemon, I think it could be set that way, it might be random then on out, but if you get diagla second let me know. You would probably get to face them again as after you fail a den or fail to catch a legendary(I failed, it was one health, AI sucks) you get to specifically choose which den you want to go into.
I don't think any pokemon will put up barriers simply because of their impossible stats, set-up moves they could have, they can randomly OHKO members of your team with said stats, said this in the other thread, but Frozen and I assume other status do affect legendaries, instead of them cleansing it, meaning you could possibly poison the legendary pokemon.

Reactions: R_N
It couldn't find anyone to join me on the Suicune redux, so I strongly suspect that Dynamax Adventures prioritises finding Pokemon you haven't caught yet in some way. Either that or searching for a specific Pokemon only pairs up with people also searching for that specific Pokemon.

Reactions: R_N
But I guess they...might've needed to call a little more attention to it because I've now seen several people get stuck here.
Well, I did notice that it was missing the giant head (duh), but I had no clue where to find it.
Even though I had been in Peony's place a few times, it didn't exactly strike me that the stuff on the table was it... :|
I've been having trouble an answer to this, so would appreciate if someone knows: can you catch multiple "copies" of the same legendary/UB? For instance, can I repeat the Nihilego adventure to get more of them?
I've done a repeat of Suicune adventure after already catching it, and was not able to catch it. In fact, I wasn't even *prompted* to catch it.

I'm curious if they had the foresight to only mark a pokemon as caught if you actually caught it in the den, or if ever having it in any form removes it.

Like if I transferred over Necrozma, would that register it as "caught" for the dens' purposes?

Star tournament is still low levels, Unless you take the time to set your levels equal, you will still stomp the opposing team. :psycry:
You get a million pokedollars upon winning, and a uniform, ball guy gives same rewards afterward, you also unlock partners by winning it more.

Last edited:
I'm curious if they had the foresight to only mark a pokemon as caught if you actually caught it in the den, or if ever having it in any form removes it.

Like if I transferred over Necrozma, would that register it as "caught" for the dens' purposes?
On the other hand, if they're only checking if you currently have the legendary on the save file, you could theoretically get as many as you want by sending them to Home after catching them.

On the other hand, if they're only checking if you currently have the legendary on the save file, you could theoretically get as many as you want by sending them to Home after catching them.
I transferred almost all my legendaries as soon as the DLC was available, that did include not one but two Suicunes, I was still able to catch one (and only one) from dens

Star tournament is still low levels, Unless you take the time to set your levels equal, you will still stomp the opposing team. :psycry:
You get a million pokedollars upon winning, and a uniform, ball guy gives same rewards afterward, you also unlock partners by winning it more.
Looking at the pastebin most of the levels hover around the mid70s, with Leon & Mustard reaching 80.

Gonna be real, I'm not calling these low.
I transferred almost all my legendaries as soon as the DLC was available, that did include not one but two Suicunes, I was still able to catch one (and only one) from dens
OK so it's definitely just a separate list they're tracking then. That's good to know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)