Pros/cons so far:
+ The new moves are fun, even if not all of them are exactly practical
+ With the EV Reset person, the Cram-o-Matic letting you get competitively relevant items, the Max Soup, and the ability to buy vitamins cheaply, not to mention being able to instantly make old mons usable in ranked, getting a competitive team is even easier this time around.
+ Mustard is hilarious and Klara isn't that bad a rival. Not sure about Avery.
+ Alolan Form/Kantonian Form trades. All the yes.
+ Nice variance in scenery, even if it's mostly just caves, oceans and meadows. A step up in area design from the Wild Area at least.
+ Following Pokemon are back. All the yes.
- One Kubfu per save file is still bullshit.
- Level scaling turned out to be a big fat lie.
- I know it's more of a sidequest than anything, but the story is still a bit too short.
- Not too much new stuff. We got 2 new Pokemon (one of which has 2 forms), only 1 new Galarian form, 2 new abilities, and 6 new Gigantamaxes (7 is you count both Urshifu Gigantamaxes separately). Yes, we got a fuckload of new moves, but it's still somewhat disappointing.
- The new moves are fine and all, but couldn't you add some old moves to the tutors as well? Come on, I want my Knock Off tutor back.