Pokemon Sword & Shield Isle of Armour & Crown Tundra discussion

Pros/cons so far:

+ The new moves are fun, even if not all of them are exactly practical
+ With the EV Reset person, the Cram-o-Matic letting you get competitively relevant items, the Max Soup, and the ability to buy vitamins cheaply, not to mention being able to instantly make old mons usable in ranked, getting a competitive team is even easier this time around.
+ Mustard is hilarious and Klara isn't that bad a rival. Not sure about Avery.
+ Alolan Form/Kantonian Form trades. All the yes.
+ Nice variance in scenery, even if it's mostly just caves, oceans and meadows. A step up in area design from the Wild Area at least.
+ Following Pokemon are back. All the yes.
- One Kubfu per save file is still bullshit.
- Level scaling turned out to be a big fat lie.
- I know it's more of a sidequest than anything, but the story is still a bit too short.
- Not too much new stuff. We got 2 new Pokemon (one of which has 2 forms), only 1 new Galarian form, 2 new abilities, and 6 new Gigantamaxes (7 is you count both Urshifu Gigantamaxes separately). Yes, we got a fuckload of new moves, but it's still somewhat disappointing.
- The new moves are fine and all, but couldn't you add some old moves to the tutors as well? Come on, I want my Knock Off tutor back.
I certainly wouldn't mind Knock Off not being given to every Pokemon that remotely looks like it could knock something off (like seriously the distribution was ridiculous), but I'd definitely like old Move Tutors to come back.

Following Pokemon is the single most immersive feature in the games idc. Some of them are wonky but I'm having so much fun. If you want to overload on cuteness take a Joltik for a run :psytear:
yeah I really enjoy the feature finally returning, more than I thought I would. I could do without the affection rising but I hope Tundra keeps it in and that it becomes a main feature moving forward. If in "wild area" type places if nothing else.

Even if I do sometimes forget Urshifu is following me so as I swing the camera around its like oh shit oh fuck BEAR--wait thats MY BEAR

yeah I really enjoy the feature finally returning, more than I thought I would. I could do without the affection rising but I hope Tundra keeps it in and that it becomes a main feature moving forward. If in "wild area" type places if nothing else.

Even if I do sometimes forget Urshifu is following me so as I swing the camera around its like oh shit oh fuck BEAR--wait thats MY BEAR
I mean, not just keep it in, but maybe add a little more interaction. Like if you talk to them, there is a little text like "Lucario seems to be eyeing down Scyther" or "Lucario is enjoying the sound of the crashing waves"

Though I do like the different entrance animation for battles when your active is roaming.

I think my feelings on the Walking Pokémon feature sums up my opinions on most things in SwSh as a whole. Awesome, really like it; but it really needed some more polishing and a bit more to it, and you also literally just had another game where you done it better.

Enjoyable, but needs to be expanded and have the kinks worked out. A good concept but basically in the beta stages.

I at first thought when you went on the water your pokemon just poofed away but turns out no they're still on the shore. I had a boltund waiting patientily for me at hte river and was doing its in place "excited" motion since I was separated

I'm not sure if this question goes here or in the datamine thread. Do we have any information on the NPC's who trade us the non-Galarian form of the Pokemon we trade to them? I've been going all over the Isle of Armor for the past couple of hours looking for these NPCs and haven't had much luck, so it would be nice to know specific locations of where I can find them.

I'm not sure if this question goes here or in the datamine thread. Do we have any information on the NPC's who trade us the non-Galarian form of the Pokemon we trade to them? I've been going all over the Isle of Armor for the past couple of hours looking for these NPCs and haven't had much luck, so it would be nice to know specific locations of where I can find them.
The trades are attached to characters who randomly appear around the island, there doesnt seem to be any set locations and they move periodically

I at first thought when you went on the water your pokemon just poofed away but turns out no they're still on the shore. I had a boltund waiting patientily for me at hte river and was doing its in place "excited" motion since I was separated
Certain Pokémon will also follow you if their animation permits it, such as flying Pokémon like Talonflame or Corviknight. It's very neat and I believe actually an improvement over LGPE.

So let's talk apricorns. Looks like getting rare balls IS just luck, you put in 4 apricorns and the dominant color determines what ball you get. You can also get Safari and Sport balls, completely unavailable until now. Now the bad news: The rate is REALLY low. I put in 188 Apricorns(that's 47 tries) and got ONE rare ball(you'll know when it happens since it has rainbow sparkles). Also once the Cram-o-matic spit out 5 things at once. I’m guessing the rate for apriballs is 1-3%? With Safari and Sport being even lower.

The kid talks to you when you get one and says Kurt visited once and he tried to mimic Kurt's process of making apricorn balls but his success rate is really low, so there’s a story reason for it.

So let's talk apricorns. Looks like getting rare balls IS just luck, you put in 4 apricorns and the dominant color determines what ball you get. You can also get Safari and Sport balls, completely unavailable until now. Now the bad news: The rate is REALLY low. I put in 188 Apricorns(that's 47 tries) and got ONE rare ball(you'll know when it happens since it has rainbow sparkles). Also once the Cram-o-matic spit out 5 things at once. I’m guessing the rate for apriballs is 1-3%? With Safari and Sport being even lower.

The kid talks to you when you get one and says Kurt visited once and he tried to mimic Kurt's process of making apricorn balls but his success rate is really low, so there’s a story reason for it.
I am (pleasantly) surprised they brought back both Safari and Sport balls.

But this continued insistence on making the apricorn balls this much of a pain to get is absurd, especially when the apricorn themselves aren't terribly common in the first place. I think making stuff like Safari/Sport balls rare makes some sense, they're very niche balls never obtainable normally in any game and more of a fun cameo that they're obtainable at all; just reskinned great balls.

Oh, actually, do the Safari & Sport balls have any changed text or effects? The sport ball didn't seem to have a default text but the Safari Ball's unused text still referred to the great marsh
A special Poké Ball that is used only in the Great Marsh. It is recognizable by the camouflage pattern decorating it.

I don't know if it's the right topic ! I transfered from Bank all the old Pokemon that come back in IoA but even if they're in my boxes, the Pokedex of IoA isn't updated. Do you know why ?

Example : I have a transfered Buneary in my computer box, but the Pokedex still says that I have to capture it

By the way, there was a trick in y comm that allowed you to update the stamps much quicker by put up a link trade/wonder trade at the same time. Now the trick is patched and I have to deal with the y comm bs at full force, searching for raids takes forever and the timing couldn't be worse since there are new raid Pokemon available AND we're currently in a Zeraora event AAAAND the still ongoing g max event.

Somehow this one change made me more upset than every SwSh controversy combined...
tumblr_72e47ef8237add62a516ce46ed897439_1c67ff27_1280.png

I don't know if it's the right topic ! I transfered from Bank all the old Pokemon that come back in IoA but even if they're in my boxes, the Pokedex of IoA isn't updated. Do you know why ?

Example : I have a transfered Buneary in my computer box, but the Pokedex still says that I have to capture it
I think that is happening to everyone but I discovered a way to make it register those pokémon from Home.
Put them in the daycare and then take them back, at that moment it will register them.

Maybe because you "lose" them and them get them "anew" the game thinks they come from the region? I dunno but it works (of course it should register the pokemon immediately when you transfer).
BTW if you use the pokemon in battle (or is it just in your party?) they count as viewed but don't count as caught. So use the daycare method.

I mean, not just keep it in, but maybe add a little more interaction. Like if you talk to them, there is a little text like "Lucario seems to be eyeing down Scyther" or "Lucario is enjoying the sound of the crashing waves"

Though I do like the different entrance animation for battles when your active is roaming.
Lucario's like "fists up mofo"

Overlapping the Max Raid events was a mistake. The GMax raids should've ended with the release of the DLC as they had been going for a week. Raids don't update quick enough before server issues occur.

And the Zeraora raids at 5 stars need serious teamwork to defeat. Having a server lag behind acquiring participants doesn't help.

And the Zeraora raids at 5 stars need serious teamwork to defeat. Having a server lag behind acquiring participants doesn't help.
I suggest trying the Clefable strat we posted in the Max Raid thread.
It can carry almost all regular Zeraora raids, even with 2 AIs, as long as 1 player is decent enough.

Won't really miracolously save shiny zeraora from murdering everyone if no ground types though (due to discharge)

If you're having trouble with Zeraora just don't go for the 5-star ones. It's also available in 4- and 3-star raids which are so much easier they're even possible with CPU assistants. If you just want to put in your participation don't go for the harder ones.

I suggest trying the Clefable strat we posted in the Max Raid thread.
It can carry almost all regular Zeraora raids, even with 2 AIs, as long as 1 player is decent enough.

Won't really miracolously save shiny zeraora from murdering everyone if no ground types though (due to discharge)
Pokémon with Lightningrod help in those to keep your friends alive.
You can also keep spamming Clear Smog or if you have Marshadow use Spectral Thief.
Or even pokémon with Flame Body. So many options.

Pokémon with Lightningrod help in those to keep your friends alive.
You can also keep spamming Clear Smog or if you have Marshadow use Spectral Thief.
Or even pokémon with Flame Body. So many options.
L-rod and burns arent reliable. Zeraora will clear them right away (due to being very fast it'often attacks first too) and due to using CC he will also self-inflict drops which will prompt his AI to clear.

Also sadly, shiny Zeraora has Discharge,which L-rod cannot prevent

I made 74 apricorn combinations to check the chance to get a rare ball, I only made same colour recipes.

Red x4 - 13
Great - 3
Repeat - 2
Poke -6
Ultra - 2

Blue x4 - 10
Net - 3
Dive - 3
Great - 3
Poke - 1

Yellow x4 - 12
Ultra - 2
Great - 3
Quick - 7

Green x4 - 10
Nest - 3
Poke - 3
Great - 1
Ultra - 3

Pink x4 - 10
Great - 3
Poke - 1
Ultra - 3
Heal - 3

White x4 - 7

Safari - 1
Timer - 4
Fast - 1
Great - 1

Black x4 - 12

Poke - 4
Luxury - 2
Dusk - 3
Great - 3

So for this sample, assuming the change to get rare balls is equal for all these colour combos, we end up with a rare ball chance of 2.7% (2 in 74)..
That's very low, I hope some mixed colour combos are more efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)