Pokemon Sword & Shield Isle of Armour & Crown Tundra discussion

So what's the final boss in max raid adventures once you've caught every legendary and ultra beast? Does it just make you fight them again but you're unable to catch them?

So what's the final boss in max raid adventures once you've caught every legendary and ultra beast? Does it just make you fight them again but you're unable to catch them?
Yeah, you can just keep fighting them if you want; probably more helpful for fishing for other shinies or helping friends get them

Man, the Tundra 1-star raids are really good.

Got Dreepy, Golett, Sneasel and Durant in a row. All common.

Definitely worth jobbing to Peony for these in a clear save. Especially for Durant.

Is the implication here that Peony has Level 70 mons even on a fresh file?
Not only that. All mons are above 60 in the Tundra. Gotta be sneaky, but there's a ton of loot.

The Durant I got has a Calm Nature, so I'm really glad I found a Lonely Mint. Not ideal per se, but definitely better than it.

Bunch of solid TRs too. Just got Close Combat.

Gotta be sneaky, but there's a ton of loot.

The Durant I got has a Calm Nature, so I'm really glad I found a Lonely Mint. Not ideal per se, but definitely better than it.
This too is fantastic; the Giant's Bed is littered with mints. I'm very interested in eventually seeing an item location guide compiled for them; it's starting to overtake Isle's pomeg tree island as the best mint spot.

Excuse moi, can someone explain how works the Footprints quest in Crown Tundra ? I heard that you had to find the first one near the village and Sonya calls you ...but i don't find them :(

Anyone know who the mystery characters in the Star tournament are. I've only done the tournament once, but the first time had Leon and Raihan paired against two question marks for their first battle.

Anyone know who the mystery characters in the Star tournament are. I've only done the tournament once, but the first time had Leon and Raihan paired against two question marks for their first battle.
the sword & shield royal twins from the base game's post game

I've managed to get a 0 Attack Spectrier, Regieleki, and Galarian Articuno and a 2 Attack Galarian Moltres so far. Currently a couple of days into SRing for a Premier Ball 0 Speed Ice Horse, but that's going about as well as you can expect. (Or maybe better? I have enough premier balls and it has only struggled to death two or three times with one or two accidental murders)

Anyways, the thing that surprised me is the fact that so far I've only had trouble soft resetting the Horses. I got that Regieleki in 4 encounters (and in an Ultra Ball) and the Articuno and Moltres in a few more than that each (Moltres is Luxury, don't remember Arti off hand). Spectrier took a few hours to finally snag a 0 Attack one and I kinda wish it took a bit longer considering what happened when I caught it.

I had been trying to catch it in a Dusk Ball, which had been going fairly well considering it was night time and get it down to low HP and have it paralyzed. First Dusk Ball I throw is a critical capture... and it breaks out. It then proceeds to break out of every single Dusk Ball I throw at it and starts to KO my 'mons. Eventually I get down to just one Pokemon left meaning I either have to throw a Master Ball or risk it attacking and KOing my last Pokemon. "I'm gonna be upset if this is a 0 attack one" I say to myself and throw a Master Ball.

After the cutscene ends I unfuse and go to the box to check its stats... and low and behold it's a Master Ball 0 Attack IV Spectrier.

By the way, now that I remember... is there anything new for the Cram-o-matic given the addition of a new item or two in the Crown Tundra?

By the way, now that I remember... is there anything new for the Cram-o-matic given the addition of a new item or two in the Crown Tundra?
There's a new special recipe for PP Up: Dynite Ore/Anything/Dynite Ore/Dynite Ore

other than that, & the new items having values, doesn't seem like there's anything. No way to make an ABility Patch, for example

Fan-bleeping-tastic.

So there's a recipe for Ability Capsule and yet AC/junk/AC/AC doesn't give a Patch?

Between the Apricorn Balls and this, I'm gonna hold on to my 500W.
Most likely they didn't retro-upgrade the cram-o-matic, so it's understandable the Tundra-specific items are not available off it.

Most likely they didn't retro-upgrade the cram-o-matic, so it's understandable the Tundra-specific items are not available off it.
Not really? It would take seconds to code in a new guaranteed recipe and/or an item value for the ability patch, the magmarizer and electrizer.

Similarly it's really stupid you can't buy the Magmarizer, Electrizer, Dragon Scale, Upgrade and Dubious Disc from the BP shop.

Not really? It would take seconds to code in a new guaranteed recipe and/or an item value for the ability patch, the magmarizer and electrizer.

Similarly it's really stupid you can't buy the Magmarizer, Electrizer, Dragon Scale, Upgrade and Dubious Disc from the BP shop.
Sure, but it's GF we're talking about, and I don't recall the last time they retro-updated a game to accomodate for an incoming feature.

After my deplorable experience failing to capture Articuno, I decided to come prepared when catching Calyrex. (Except I didn't care about Synchronize for some reason...)

All Max HP/SpD Lv 100
Seaking Soak / Flip Turn
Helioptile @ Zoom Lens: Eerie Impulse / Thunder Wave / Light Screen / U-Turn
Drapion w/ Battle Armor: False Swipe (didn't use Snarl / Acupressure / etc.)

I recall a page somewhere on smogon that described ideal mons to help you capture Catch Rate 3 legends. That inspired me to make a team that would make capturing more tolerable.

Anybody else using optimized sets for capture? Or did y'all already swoop up all these mons without it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)