Pokemon Sword & Shield Isle of Armour & Crown Tundra discussion

For knowledge, I have decided to do approximately a reverse of what most people are doing, and I went on the island with just caught my level 12 Slowpoke only in the party.

Bad surprise: Avery starts right away with level 58-60s.
So unfortunately, the level scaling is based off your story progress and not on what you have in your party.

Guess i'll dig some level 50-60s to use from my Tower reserve

So I thought the way the exp charm worked was you would interact with it and then it'd attach itself to a pokemon but no its a passive key item that you're forced to get so thats

great

So I thought the way the exp charm worked was you would interact with it and then it'd attach itself to a pokemon but no its a passive key item that you're forced to get so thats

great
Is that relevant much? I don't play SwSh much anymore but when I was breeding I mostly just used XP candy to hit level 100. I really can't think of many times where I even received XP except when wild area randoms got in my face.

Is that relevant much? I don't play SwSh much anymore but when I was breeding I mostly just used XP candy to hit level 100. I really can't think of many times where I even received XP except when wild area randoms got in my face.
Messes with the ingame level curve if you get it before completing the game.

Hahah the third Klara battle
She tries rigging the field in her favor b yscattering toxic spikes. As in, this is a full "thing" for the entire battle, not just her using Toxic Spikes

I wonder what Avery does? Try & set up psychic terrain, I guess?

She tries rigging the field in her favor b yscattering toxic spikes. As in, this is a full "thing" for the entire battle, not just her using Toxic Spikes

Exactly that; has pre-set Psychic Terrain.

Exactly that; has pre-set Psychic Terrain.
Ooo, kind of scary huh? Toxic Spikes are pretty easy to work around & is just a status afflictoin but Psychic Terrain shuts down a whole type of move and boosts his passive type.

And I got Kubfu now and...
next story segment is gated behind getting this thing friendly with you huh? Gonna be a while!

Good news for all of the Watt horders out there.

Honey takes your Watts to upgrade the dojo, adding various things such as a salon for your hair/makeup, a vending machine for the cheap healing items, a Rotom machine just like the ones in the Pokemon center, a fridge for grabbing ingredients,
a teaser (more like mockery) to fight strong trainers from another region but instead you fight Honey
, a vending machine for vitamins, where they end up being half off compared to Windon, and after a whopping 3,200,000 Wats
you get to take Honey on a date, as well as grab Honey's Rare League Card.

I forget the exact ranges for each of the requirements, but Honey tells you if you ask her each milestone. I think the vitamins are 500,000 Watts in total if I remember

Which also lasts only 5 turns, compared to Spikes that are permanent unless removed by a poison type Wowee
They have 4 pokemon each
my battle with Klara took about...8 turns? 4 of those were against slowbro, which can also reset the psychic terrain if it happened to go away.

Seems totally reasonable to me, especially since it will boost his primary attacking type for those 5 turns

They have 4 pokemon each
my battle with Klara took about...8 turns? 4 of those were against slowbro, which can also reset the psychic terrain if it happened to go away.

Seems totally reasonable to me, especially since it will boost his primary attacking type for those 5 turns
by 4 quick draw in a row on top of having tackled it with level 60s. Battle Tree is this you?

So a big complaint about SwSh was how bare the routes were. The game felt rushed.

Those of you playing the expansion I know a fair amount of hype is still in the air, but would you say the expansion was treated with more love and time than SwSh or is it something you can complete in an afternoon and never play again outside of grinding for move tutors?

McCoolDude

Just a fat shark
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

...I led my claydol and had literally no idea how she cheated.

Has anyone found a Dragon Scale yet?
There is one in a ball on an island outside of the lowland training area (head toward the water tower).

So a big complaint about SwSh was how bare the routes were. The game felt rushed.

Those of you playing the expansion I know a fair amount of hype is still in the air, but would you say the expansion was treated with more love and time than SwSh or is it something you can complete in an afternoon and never play again outside of grinding for move tutors?
I will go with the coveted "both" answer

I would say objectively the Isle Of Armor, as a series of locations, is quite good. The areas are still kinda...well...not great visually but there's a marked improvement across the board. Areas have like...land marks to them! There's an actual feeling of exploration. More dense with less large bland nothing.
The style of dialog and such is pretty nice too, I've laughed a fair bit.

But also yes it is something you could probably knock out in an afternoon or two. I'm probably nearing the end, I'll say last quarter.

But at the same time I feel content? I'll still need to collect the pokemon and probably interact with some other elements like the watt trader and whatever but I don't feel cheated and it does make me wish the Wild Area could have been like this.

I would say objectively the Isle Of Armor, as a series of locations, is quite good. The areas are still kinda...well...not great visually but there's a marked improvement across the board. Areas have like...land marks to them! There's an actual feeling of exploration. More dense with less large bland nothing.
The style of dialog and such is pretty nice too, I've laughed a fair bit.
I agree with this, however there's one major complaint I have on the Isle maps: considering they are way more convoluted than the actual Wild Area, with caves, hidden path and what not... man now I REALLY wish we had a minimap or at least a compass...

That said... for science I pulled this guy out: looks like at least in Overworld they have maintained proportions (hello wild Wailords btw)
1592425905876.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)