Pokemon Sword & Shield Isle of Armour & Crown Tundra discussion

That strat is pretty limited in which mons can pull it off, isn't it? e.g., Slowbro (with transfer moves), Porygon-line, Appletun, maybe? There's a sparring option for each type, so I think at best you could only cheese a few of them. But, feel free to try. :)
theoretically anything with rest +recycle could pull it off
grass (shiiotic), fairy (gardevoir), steel (jirachi), psychic (alakazam), ice (mr.rime), rock (lunatone), normal (porygon2), ground (palossand), electric (raichu) all have at least wish as a recovery move for reference (and this is just from ds without dlc)
idk how well these would work out but cm recover recycle *attack* is very potent, too bad it cant be stored power though

So the Vitamin vending machine you can install in the Dojo lets you purchase vitamins at half the price they are sold in Wyndon. Everything sounds great... until you realize there's an evil mastermind in Game Freak that only lets you buy up to 25 every batch, leaving you with two missing EVs if you don't remember to purchase the one other vitamin you need.

Now now, I saw that coming from a mile away... Also almost died to it :mehowth: Bless max revives
I, on the other hand, severely overestimated it, expecting it to be just like any 5* Raid Boss. Vespiquen was flattened by one Max Rockfall from Tyranitar.

Vespiquen is definitely one of those pokemon you will either trounce or get trounced by.
My second run I lead with head smash Drednaw which had the decency to not miss twice half way into the battle and did so much damage Drednaw died from recoil at full health

But man...that first run though. Jesus christ.

Vespiquen is definitely one of those pokemon you will either trounce or get trounced by.
My second run I lead with head smash Drednaw which had the decency to not miss twice half way into the battle and did so much damage Drednaw died from recoil at full health

But man...that first run though. Jesus christ.
At first I was going to use a Toxapex once Hop mentioned Vespiquen, thinking it would be fun to cheese a boss with one of the first Pokémon I bred competitively, early in Moon. But when he mentioned the Power Spot Detector, I immediately thought "No, it's going to have barriers so I won't be able to take it down with Toxapex before the time limit expires" and sought the first Rock-type I found in my box.

And it didn't even have barriers to begin with...

Dont like building Affection Happiness with your pokemon on a stroll? Or just dont like the strolling mechanic at all for one reason or another?
No problem, at some point (I assume after beating at least the tower, maybe Mustard?) a new NPC is added, a pikachu kid in the kitchen, who let you turn it on or off

I skipped the whole sightseeing thing by giving my Cubfu a bunch of the minus EV berries. I thought I could go back and do whatever that was about later. Did I miss anything interesting?

Dont like building Affection Happiness with your pokemon on a stroll? Or just dont like the strolling mechanic at all for one reason or another?
No problem, at some point (I assume after beating at least the tower, maybe Mustard?) a new NPC is added, a pikachu kid in the kitchen, who let you turn it on or off
I'm pretty sure I noticed the kid before I went to the tower. I think he shows up as soon as you're told about the mechanic.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What would happen if you restarted your save file after say transferring everything to Home? Would you be able to play through Armor again?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hmm OK so the Diglett finding guys gives you:

5 Diglett: Alolan Meowth
10 Diglett: Kanto Slowpoke with a Kings Rock/Regenerator
20 Diglett: Alolan Vulpix
30 Diglett: Alolan Sandshrew
40 Diglett: Alolan Raichu
50 Diglett: Alolan Marowak

Appear to be random natures, but they all have atleast 3x31 IVs (which may or may not also be random). 75 is the next step, but I presume it'll be other Alolan mons.

Hmm OK so the Diglett finding guys gives you:

5 Diglett: Alolan Meowth
10 Diglett: Kanto Slowpoke with a Kings Rock/Regenerator
20 Diglett: Alolan Vulpix
30 Diglett: Alolan Sandshrew
40 Diglett: Alolan Raichu
50 Diglett: Alolan Marowak

Appear to be random natures, but they all have atleast 3x31 IVs (which may or may not also be random). 75 is the next step, but I presume it'll be other Alolan mons.
I've only gotten the Meowth, but it was Rattled so with that and the Regen you mentioned, I think all these may be HA. I also noticed the Farfetch'd I traded for was Defiant, so those trades might also be HA.

Also worth noting that the Slowpoke comes holding a King's Rock, making it imo a lot more valuable than the other rewarded Pokémon.

I'm checking dens, and it appears that Greedent, Thievul, Dubwool and Boltund are now all available at high rankings in new Dens. Does this mean their HAs are now available; has anyone checked? On a similar note, it looks like Throh and Sawk are also now available at a high rank in Den 124 depending on the version -- their HAs were available before from previous gens, but if they were available here, this would make it the first time that the combination of HA Throh/Sawk + Apricorn Ball would be possible.

Unfortunately, it seems the entire Porygon family is left out of dens; so HA Porygon + Apricorn Ball is still impossible :(

Edit: I think they might also have made all Pumpkaboo sizes have their HA legally! There's a new den with four different Gourgeist listings
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/den128.shtml

Last edited:
Also worth noting that the Slowpoke comes holding a King's Rock, making it imo a lot more valuable than the other rewarded Pokémon.

I'm checking dens, and it appears that Greedent, Thievul, Dubwool and Boltund are now all available at high rankings in new Dens. Does this mean their HAs are now available; has anyone checked? On a similar note, it looks like Throh and Sawk are also now available at a high rank in Den 124 depending on the version -- their HAs were available before from previous gens, but if they were available here, this would make it the first time that the combination of HA Throh/Sawk + Apricorn Ball would be possible.

Unfortunately, it seems the entire Porygon family is left out of dens; so HA Porygon + Apricorn Ball is still impossible :(
I can confirm Dubwool has its HA.

Hmm so, out of curiosity, has anyone found a a post-game Klara/Avery battle?

Internally one seems to exist https://pastebin.com/jvYpru13
======
374 - Pokémon Trainer [~ 446]
======
Pokemon: 4
Rapidash (Lv. 65) (Nature: Modest) (Moves: Psychic/Mystical Fire/Quick Attack/Dazzling Gleam) IVs: 15/15/15/15/15/15
Swoobat (Lv. 66) (Nature: Timid) (Moves: Psychic/Air Slash/Energy Ball/Future Sight) IVs: 15/15/15/15/15/15
Alakazam (Lv. 66) (Nature: Modest) (Moves: Psychic/Shadow Ball/Tri Attack/Reflect) IVs: 15/15/15/15/15/15
Slowbro (Lv. 67) (Nature: Modest) (Moves: Scald/Shell Side Arm/Focus Blast/Psychic) IVs: 20/20/20/20/20/20

======
376 - Pokémon Trainer [~ 448]
======
Pokemon: 4
Drapion (Lv. 65) (Nature: Adamant) (Moves: X-Scissor/Poison Fang/Crunch/Ice Fang) IVs: 15/15/15/15/15/15
Weezing (Lv. 66) (Nature: Relaxed) (Moves: Toxic/Heat Wave/Protect/Strange Steam) IVs: 15/15/15/15/15/15
Scolipede (Lv. 66) (Nature: Adamant) (Moves: Smart Strike/Poison Jab/Megahorn/Protect) IVs: 15/15/15/15/15/15
Slowbro (Lv. 67) (Nature: Modest) (Moves: Scald/Shell Side Arm/Focus Blast/Psychic) IVs: 20/20/20/20/20/20

But I dunno where the battle would be. Klara's kind of disappeared from the Dojo as far as I can tell? Maybe I just missed her?

I haven't been able to defeat the Shiny Zeraora. I don't know who is playing this game, but they are for sure kids who don't know a shit about Pokémon. The ammount of ppl I've seen running Excadrill, Tyranitar, Water Urshifu, Dracovish, Charizard, etc., into it, makes me lose any hope in the casual community. Based on my own experience with this raid, I can asure 90% of the actual ShSw population are persons who came from Pokémon Go, and haven't touched a main series Pokémon in their entire lifes. And so, I hope they lose their hands.

I haven't been able to defeat the Shiny Zeraora. I don't know who is playing this game, but they are for sure kids who don't know a shit about Pokémon. The ammount of ppl I've seen running Excadrill, Tyranitar, Water Urshifu, Dracovish, Charizard, etc., into it, makes me lose any hope in the casual community. Based on my own experience with this raid, I can asure 90% of the actual ShSw population are persons who came from Pokémon Go, and haven't touched a main series Pokémon in their entire lifes. And so, I hope they lose their hands.
I haven't been able to even encounter a Zeraora raid yet. Despite the fact I bothered to breed a specific Pokémon for it =/

Golurk @ Soft Sand
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- filler (Heat Crash)
- filler (Shadow Punch)
- filler (Ice Punch)

I feel like A-Marowak with Lightning Rod would be perfect for doing raids against Zeraora. Just spam 'er with Bone Rush or Bonemerang.
Bonemerang would work if you are breaking the last shield, dealing full damage on the second hit.

The only problem is that if Zeraora does its "remove stat changes" trick, Lightning Rod is disabled for that turn.

Alolan Marowak in general is kind of underwhelming against it imo. Use Golurk, it can actually tank a hit and has a permanent immunity, not to mention STAB on Ground moves.

I haven't been able to even encounter a Zeraora raid yet. Despite the fact I bothered to breed a specific Pokémon for it =/

Golurk @ Soft Sand
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- filler (Heat Crash)
- filler (Shadow Punch)
- filler (Ice Punch)
I'm hosting a Shiny one, which is substantially stronger than the normal one, and I've been unable to found a decent party. I'm running TR Runerigus, but everyone enters with shit like those i've mentioned before.

Considering how squishy Zeraora is, you don't really need to hit him with ground type moves. Stabs suffice.
You REALLY need a Pokémon like Golurk of Runerigus, and a party of resistances and ppl who knows that they are doing, to defeat the Shiny Zera. It does insane damage even to level 100 full trained mons and has massive coverage.

I have a Phys Def Rune because his only special move is Discharge, my friend is running lightning rod Phys Def Rhyp, and we can't defeat it with randoms. They just die every turn.

You REALLY need a Pokémon like Golurk of Runerigus, and a party of resistances and ppl who knows that they are doing, to defeat the Shiny Zera. It does insane damage even to level 100 full trained mons and has massive coverage.
I'll remind if should I run into it, so far I've only saw regular ones though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)