SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Disagree. Mr. Rime now has friends in Magmortar and Electivire. *Cries*
I'm not saying all cross gen evolutions have amazing stats, but most of them are better than this. Magmortar and electivire at least have higher offensive stats and speed than mr. rime.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

He said his Eternatus gained 800 EXP from playing in Camp... so you get EXP for playing with your mons.

Magical Leaf
Rock Slide
Snore
Scary Face
Steel Wing
Whirlpool
Will-O-Wisp
Swift
Rock Tomb
Sand Tomb
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
U-turn
Retaliate
Snarl
Draining Kiss
Smart Strike
Brutal Swing
Breaking Swipe

Last edited:
Ah so Breaking Swipe is a TM. It was shown at Worlds used by Flygon.
To be fair it was pretty clear it would have been a TM, as it's basically a phisical Snarl.

However, I was not expecting it to be Dragon typed of all things, and was also expecting 55BP + 95% rather than 60 BP + 100% accuracy like Snarl.

I think this one will be very common in VGC. Quite pointless for singles, obviously.

Magical Leaf
Rock Slide
Snore
Scary Face
Steel Wing
Whirlpool
Will-O-Wisp
Swift
Rock Tomb
Sand Tomb
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
U-turn
Retaliate
Snarl
Draining Kiss
Smart Strike
Brutal Swing
Breaking Swipe
When we first learned about Swift becoming a TM, I theorized that it might be buffed, because otherwise, why the hell would it ever get used? This list reminded me that Brutal Swing was a TM last gen, and that move is garbage.

Still hoping both Swift and Brutal Swing get buffed, along with Magical Leaf now.

When we first learned about Swift becoming a TM, I theorized that it might be buffed, because otherwise, why the hell would it ever get used? This list reminded me that Brutal Swing was a TM last gen, and that move is garbage.

Still hoping both Swift and Brutal Swing get buffed, along with Magical Leaf now.
While I see where you're coming from, I politely disagree.

The game needs "mediocre" TMs that have to be acquired during the story. We already saw what happens when you're provided Thunderbolt or Scald after the first couple gyms and proceed to roll over the game.
I also think Brutal Swing was thought as a way to activate partner's Justified / Rattled without actually really hurting it, which is a cool idea on paper but pretty terrible in practice.

...now, obviously, having say Magical Leaf as Watt buyable TM would be a complete disgrace lol, I hope those "bad" TMs are rewards from early game battles / found in early - midgame areas.

So there is a Close Combat TR, which is pretty nice.

I do wonder what's the point of keeping Superpower one then.... unless there's Pokemon that for whatever reason can only learn the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magical leaf is a special grass aerial ace, my early game grass types would greatly appreciate that.

Also hello...toxic spikes? Oh geez who do i have to worry about this time...hoping its not too widely spresd.

He said his Eternatus gained 800 EXP from playing in Camp... so you get EXP for playing with your mons.

Magical Leaf
Rock Slide
Snore
Scary Face
Steel Wing
Whirlpool
Will-O-Wisp
Swift
Rock Tomb
Sand Tomb
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
U-turn
Retaliate
Snarl
Draining Kiss
Smart Strike
Brutal Swing
Breaking Swipe

I want to know if Zamazenta can learn Will-o-Wisp.
That would be completely crazy...

[QUOTE="Blitzamirin, post: 8275548, member: 101585
Leaker will try to breed Leon's Charmander.
[/QUOTE]

So, what ability does that gift Charmander has? And is the Gigamax option exclusive only to him, or to all Charizards?

I'm not saying all cross gen evolutions have amazing stats, but most of them are better than this. Magmortar and electivire at least have higher offensive stats and speed than mr. rime.
I meant for the Speed decrease. Magmortar and Electivire also suffers from that as a cross gen evolution, although I have a hate boner for Electivire for another reason as well. I feel that it was totally unneeded to make it a Physical mon compated to Electabuzz. It's like they thought that it's not enough that they are counterparts, they need to go further and make one of them a great Special attacker, the other one a great Physical attacker. Thus, they took away from the most important stat of an Electric-type: Speed. Now, Mr. Rime joins the decreased Speed club for more Attack. SMH.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

He also confirms Dynamax is usable in the Battle Tower, though that shouldn't be too surprising.

So, what ability does that gift Charmander has? And is the Gigamax option exclusive only to him, or to all Charizards?
I -think- Blaze and just that Charmander as it has a special symbol to Giga.

Gigamax option is exclusive to pokemon with the Gigamax tag, which are either gifts or obtained via raids. That was already specified by GF.

Gigamax option is exclusive to pokemon with the Gigamax tag, which are either gifts or obtained via raids. That was already specified by GF.
Question is, can you breed the Gigamax tag? Or do you have to use nature mints and supertraining to get them viable?

Wow, the TR list so far looks impressive. It reduces the chance to breed some of your Pkm if they can get a certain move just by TR.
Mystical Fire's going to look interesting. I assume it will be mostly used by Ghost/Psychic/Fire/Fairy Pkm. Psychic and Fairy might profit the most since they really want to have a move that can deal with Steel Pkm othern than the weak Hidden Power Fire.
Lol, TR Close Combat. From now on, Superpower will be only used on Contrary or Pkm who, for some reason, are unable to learn Close Combat.

Mr. Rhime looks pretty disappointing. If its ability was like Defog, it would certainly have a very niche. I can see it work somewhat in VGC as a slower Trick Room supporter than its pre-evolution. But then again, I might be tempted to use Eviolite Mr.Mime, which now has bulk comparable to Dusclop, at least on the special side. If it still has Filter, I'm sold on Eviolite Mr.Mime. STAB on Icy Wind is nice.

Lol, TR Close Combat. From now on, Superpower will be only used on Contrary or Pkm who, for some reason, are unable to learn Close Combat.
So there is a Close Combat TM, which is pretty nice.

I do wonder what's the point of keeping Superpower one then.... unless there's Pokemon that for whatever reason can only learn the latter.
Y'all are forgetting that both Steel Wing and Smart Strike were TMs last gen and still are.

TRs not being reusable and so expensive makes me hope the new Egg move mechanic will work on TM/TRs

For CC and Superpower, Superpower is learned by a lot of pokemon, including many that are very unlikely to get Close Combat

This is what the leaker is testing at the moment as he breeds Leon's Charmander.
Yeah, I know. I'm very curious already. ^^" (hopefully, the leaker is able to do so before university starts)

TRs not being reusable and so expensive makes me hope the new Egg move mechanic will work on TM/TRs

For CC and Superpower, Superpower is learned by a lot of pokemon, including many that are very unlikely to get Close Combat
Maybe you can get TRs in the Battle Tower, too? :o
But I kinda like the mix of old TM and new TM usability

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Doc in the 2nd post updated. Stats should basically be done as what's missing are likely version exclusives (Darmanitan, Stonjeurner, Flapple, Sirfetch'd, Zacian).

New Stat ranges for these Pokémon:

Morpeko
Indeedee (Female)
Polteageist
Mr. Rime

New Moves:

Teatime
Breaking Swipe
False Surrender

New Ability:

Screen Cleaner

New Item:

Wishing Piece

To-Do: Galarian Rapidash, but it probably has the same stats as regular.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)