SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

The "Dragon" Gym is actually weather-themed.
The first Trainer had Drizzle Pelipper, the second had Drought Ninetales, the third had Snow Warning Abomasnow and the Leader had Sand Stream Gigalith. Their partners were Dragon types.
While I really like concept of this, I feel a bit sad, because there is no real synergy in this. I can see him being tough in the rematch with some better mons, like Excadrill and/or Hippodown, and while the battle wasn't half as bad as expected, I'm not sure how to feel about it overall; especially because he's the only Gym leader, as far as I've seen, that has some kind of "special treatment"
Still, a double battle for the final gym is a good thing, I'm really looking forward to do it myself ^^

Toxtricity used Overdrive and didn't change form so it is looking more likely that the form is gender based.

I understand that they may not have the skillset that's needed to datamine the game. However, I'm sure if they were to announce their intentions, they'll be a few dataminers who'd be willing to assist them
It is more likely they don't have the hardware. The game comes out in a few days and we will have the datamine then.

Last edited:
Friendly reminder that the leaker and streamer are basically just a normal human who happened to get the game early and shares it with others.

In order to datamine he'd need an actually hacked Switch and the software to operate the datamining.

Not being a real hacker means you can't expect any info that can't be found by a normal playthrough.

About time I shared my thoughts on SwSh, so here we go:

New Pokemon: mostly okay with them. Not enough of them though, as expected, and not enough Galarian forms either. 23 years of Pokemon now and still no damn dolphin Pokemon? Mind boggling. Dragapult, Frosmoth, Grimmsnarl, G-Weezing and Appletun are the cream of the crop in my eyes. I also like the design of Orbeetle, Copperajah, Obstagoon, Toxtricity, Falinks and Grabbloct. Fossils are a nice concept but seriously awkward to look at. Hatterene is slowly growing on me. Others like Eiscue and Coalossal are just fugly.

Metagame: was looking like Toxapex, Aegislash and Excadrill for days, but some of the new Mons have decent/good stats and movepools. Aegislash also got nerfed. I think Ground coverage looks pretty important. Also keen to play with some cool combos using Polteageist's Tea Time, Appletun's RIpen ability, etc. Blunder Policy seems pretty broken if you just spam OHKO moves like Fissure and either KO something or get an Agility boost. You Smogon banhammers won't like that at all! And Heavy Duty Boots finally giving some Pokemon some Stealth Rock reprieve?

Graphics: pretty darn awful. Looks like a HD version of Sun and Moon with some N64 graphics splashed in here and there. Characters are blocky, foliage is meh, swimming pokemon not making ripples, drawing distance seems short and things pop out of the ground. But this topic has been discussed to death. And SOME areas do look pretty. Just not the Wild Area so much.

Animations: Yikes. At least Gamefreak are leading by example and showing the world how to recycle?

Nitpicks: Fishing for a Pokemon in a stream and then suddenly the battle screen is a dirt field with no water in sight?? Lazy perhaps?

Difficulty level: seems a little too easy with no way of turning Exp Share off. And I'm not sure I like the fact that you can't catch certain levels of Pokemon unless you have certain gym badges. Seems like it's forcing you to play very linearly. And you'd hope you wouldn't find a high level shiny!

More metagame: I’m a little concerned about the seemingly skewed weather setters for this meta. Sand gets Gigalith, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Sandaconda. That's 4. Hail gets Abomasnow and Vanilluxe. Sun gets Torkoal and Ninetails. Rain gets.....only Pelipper?? So rain, sun and hail REALLY need some new setters if we are able to use them competitively. Especially since there are so many Pokémon in the Galar dex with weather dependent abilities. Including Barraskewda. And yes I know other Pokemon might get Drizzle but looking at the new Pokemon there's basically only 2 new water types and neither look like rain setters. Maybe something like Vaporeon will get it.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
^ This. I guess the wait is over.

Notable things.

- Many Legends and Mythicals seem to be back?
- Gigantamax Melmetal
- Gigantamax Orbeetle
- Gigantamax Snorlax
- Gigantamax Toxtricity
- Gigantamax Sandaconda? (the thing next to Tox)
- Galarian Darm has a Zen Mode?

Last edited:

Notable things.

- Gigantamax Melmetal
- Gigantamax Orbeetle
- Gigantamax Snorlax
- Gigantamax Toxtricity
So, Darmanitan's alternative form DOES have a Galarian form. Could this be Ice/Fire?

Notable things.

- Gigantamax Melmetal
- Gigantamax Orbeetle
- Gigantamax Snorlax
- Gigantamax Toxtricity
Oh cool, Melmetal did actually make it! (and has its own dynamax form apparently?) I was hoping they wouldn't leave him in Let's Go hell.

Edit: Also Primarina. I guess I'll still spam the Specs set for one more gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)