SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Before we get more leaks, I'd like to ask you all what you like the most thus far from everything, official reveals and leaks alike included.

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
2. Favorite Galar Form/Evolution?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
1. I love the octopuses, and corviknight still holds up, they're pretty solidified on the team.
2. Weezing; I really like its typing and it's hilarious. Might use on team if I don't like any other forms better.
3. Drednaw & Centiskorch. I love how round G-Drednaw is and G-Centiskorch reminds me of the sand temple boss in Majora's mask. Not sure I'd actually use either, though, since I don't care for regular drendaw & centiskorch is in competition for team slot with Frosmoth. Maybe I'll rotate the bugs or something.

Before we get more leaks, I'd like to ask you all what you like the most thus far from everything, official reveals and leaks alike included.

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
1. Choosing one is difficult. But I guess it's Sobble for now. Need to warm up enough with the rest for a better decision though.
2. Well... Sirfetch'd. It's the only one I really like.
3. Charizard's really cool (heh heh, "cool"). Drednaw in second for now.

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
1. Oh man this is gonna be tough...a lot of goodies this gen...I'm gonna say the grookey line and Grapploct have captured my heart so far the most.
2. OBSTAGOON OBSTAGOON OBSTAGOOOOOON!!! I always loved linoone as a kid and now we get a rockstar gnoll badger? Fuck yeah!
3. Be still my kaiju loving heart...I think as of this writing Alcremie and Garbodor take the cake (lol), with Coalossal and Charizard mere cenrimeters away

And it's got markings on its body like the ones to show distance to 'mons in PoGo.

... Just what is its prey? Humans?
Its Earth and Steel, shaped like a bear trap, and has a pokeball lure for a mouth. If i had to take a guess, this galarian variant has a more sadistic nature than its unovan cousins, but clamping down on any fool that comes near, even trainers thinking they found an item

Last edited:

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
1. Satanic Wooloo is my dream coming true, with the birds and Frosmoth coming close. The rest is meh to trash tier.
2. Weezing for the memes.
3. Alcreamie but only because it's dex entry implies it's made out of cocaine.

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?

Here's mine:

1. I still love Corviknight for its design and now for its neat pre-evos, but Centiskorch and Grimmsnarl are def not far behind
2. Sirfetch'd is still the seductive king of cross-gen evos and Galarian Meowth is such a lovable dork who I wanna hug even if it feels rather bristly due to its Steel typing
3. Charizard and Centiskorch for looking badass for similar reasons and Garbodor for being cleverly designed and being a Garbodor form
1. Intelleon. While I found it a bit werid for looking way too much like a person, it’s kind of grown on me. At least it’s clothes blend well, unlike Cinderace, who just looks like a soccer player. My only complaint is that the hands look way too much like fingers, they should have made them claws like an actual lizard.
2. Galarian Rapidash. While not being a Pegasus is so disappointing, I have to admit Psychic/Fairy is much better than Psychic/Flying. My only complaint is that typing is starting to become overdone. Maybe they’ll make it physical to separate it.
3. Lapras and Garbodor for being outclassed Pokémon to finally gaining a niche, even if I don’t like Dynamax mechanic as a whole.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gonna share my opinions on the mons.

Consider this my JAPE application.

In regards to Grookey2, I am a bit disappointed. While it is indeed a well designed Pokémon, I believe that Grookey2 suffers from sometging the my dear friend pip would call "Gesbiga" syndrome - namely a design changes during evolution by simply getting bigger. I still think it is a great looking mon and I will welcome it as a member of the Grookey Gang, I wish it was more unique.

Now, Rillaboom on the other hand, is fucking amazing. I have seen plenty of hate on 1 what was being predicted since Grookey's debut and on that front it does not disappoint. I am very glad that Rillaboom departed from the mostly green fur color scheme of its prevos, having one of its previous form's drum sticks grow into a tree trunk drum is ingenious. My only gripe with Rillaboom is its competitive potential. Pure Grass sucks. And if you have a pure Grass typing, you are gonna need a remarkable ability, and a stat spread and movepool tilored to exploit this ability to the fullest, or you just won't be viable.
I think I am the few alive that actually likes Sobble2. Some are against the edgy design, but I think it fits the concept better than that if say, terrible mon Dartrix. Reptiles are pretty edgy animals in general, and that makes me more forgiving of Pokémon trying to capture middle school. When I saw this mid stage, I was honestly pretty hype for Sobble3 and was pretty envious of the Sobble Squad. But alas.......

Intelleon is a complete subversion of expectations, and honestly not in a good way. I generally dislike the concept of fully antrophomorhing animals, but mammals are ususlly given more leanency due to a) them being "closer" to humans and b) them being ingrained (for better or worse) in our pop culture and overall subconcious at this point. The only ones I can think of are the Ninja Turtles in regards to reptiles. The upright human stance, the five fingered human looking hands and the apparent allusion to a fully clothed character just rubs me the wrong way. I get that its a spy, but them forcing it to be a spy the way humans are sucks, especially when we have the perfect model existing for you to get the basic body plan from

Randall's reptillian design allows me to reasonably picture him scaling walls like lizards or coiling himself around others. I can't see Intelleon doing that, so in my eyes you pretty much failed there.
Not much thoughts on this creature. Ok design, extremely basic looking. Not liking the humaniod vibe but as I said mammals are easier to digest in that regard. I just...don't think the design is real? It feels very fake to me so I never formed a solid opinion on it.
In Marvel Comics recently, they had the Green Goblin, arch nemesis of Spider-Man, wear a symbiote (Carnage specifically) and become the powerhouse known as the Red Goblin. Why I mention this now? Because Impidimp's line looks like a goblin slowly being engulfed by a symbiote suit - abd I absolutely love it. Outside of our lord and saviour Grookey, Impidimp has been my favourite Pokémon to be revealed for Generation 8, and finally seeing its evolutions gave me a lot more hype for the creature! Its second form, I believe it is known as Morgrem, is a great mix of a wild goblin gremlin type creature, s it has messy unkept hair, disturbing jointed limbs and it moves further away from playful and mischievious Impidimp to more sinister and sadistic looking second form. The colour choicing is weird here to me, having no sign of green being present in its first form then seeing it miraculously pop in is a bit jarring, and even though certainly not new to the world of Pokémon, still made me have to give it a second look. Maybe the colour choice? Anyways, colours withstanding, Morgrem is cool and to me looking like the next logical evolution from a prankster imp to a mean Gremlin. And once it evolves, Impidimp's final form fully goes monster goblin. A hulking physique, a fully brutal demeanor and complete abandoning of its snarky grin shows Grimmsnarl means business. It clearly has inspiration from the famous Spider-Man villians Green Goblin, and I think that is perfectly fine. Green-goblin.png
I personally know plenty of people who despise Pokémon referencing pop-culture, but I think that is an idiotic approach. Pokémon is a part of pop culture, and a big part of pop culture is self reference. Pokémon referencing pop culture is not something to be frowned upon but embraced, as long as the design itself looks good. And dare I say, Grimmsnarl and co. are amazing designs.
Its called Hattamore, but I think Malamor is funnier. Gotta say, not a fan of this design, mostly because I honestly cannot identify what it is. A mollusc? (Most likely) A jellyfish? A cephalapod of some sort? Sperm? I don't know. I can say Malamor is interesting design though, so I'll give it that. And if it is indeed a Psychic Fairy, are we gonna want more of that? It's Gigantamax form is really the coolest aspect of it.
I was hoping that this would have been a cool Galarian Pyukumuku, but a sea urchin Pokémon is interesting too. Unfort I can barely see its design so I can't really comment there, but the idea of a defensive Electric type is something I have craved for centuries. Especially with that Poison Heal rumor circulating.
I group these together because I have the same feelings of both of them - the prevos are pale imitations of cooler Pokémon of the past. In Wooloo2's case, at least it took a different path from its superior sheep line's counterpart, and the final design choice is something I can greatly respect. Based on a breed of British sheep, Wooloo2 has interesting features, like its spotted wool and most notably its 4 curved horns. Its a nice sheep. Yamper2 though, more than the rest, suffers from Gamefreak's new approach to designing Pokémon, having simplistic body shapes and undetailed features. This makes it look weird against the more heabily detailed various dog Pokémon of old, especially its spiritual ancestor Manectric. It is a nice dog, but a nice dog sometimes ain't enough.
I hate them. Carkoal just looks...bad to me. The weird way the head looks photoshopped onto the coal cart, the shape of the head and most particularly the EYES. WHY GAMEFREAK? Why depart from such a unique eye design concept for shitty versions of the already overused Sugimori eyes? The coal cart body is ok, but it just looks jarring with that head. Its final evolution I hate for a different reason. It looks like concept for Galarian Rhyperior. Why? Why abandon the cool and unique cart / vehicle design for generic rocky kaiju no.6 at this point? Its been overdone, and this isn't the best look for it either. This also just deconfirms the rumors of a fast Rock type, which I had VERY high hopes for.
Sillicobra. I thought they were calling it silly til my year of college chemistry kicked in. Sillica is the main component of sand, and the pure element form of that is Sillicon. Excellent naming aside, Sillicobra seems like a basic and ok design. Its cute, but not Wooloo cute. It isn't Impidimp levels of endearing. And it just isn't Grookey. Its still a fine Pokémon, and it and its Evo Sandaconda are nice filler level mons. Maybe they have good stats? Being a venomous snake turning into a non venomous one is also weird, but fishes turn into octopi in this universe so who am I to judge?
Fighting Octopus remind me of Crabrawler and a certain CAP. Its a cincept that Gamefreak has been doing for awhile, taking very aquatic animals and removing them from the Water typing, all the way from Hippowdon. Seems like a good pick for in game, but I think it will be a NU fighter type.
Rookidee and Corvisquire are the best birds. Dead honest. These are my favourite regional bird Pokémon. Rookidee reminds me of both Robin and Batman with its great mask design. It evoking Robin is also a good idea of it being a young upstart as well. Rookidee has an aura of determination and discipline oozing from its glare and demeanor, which are very important traits a person should have if they want to be a knight. Even as it does this it has a cuteness with it that it so desperately tries to deny but CAN'T. Its too darn good man.

Next we have Corvisquire, who definitely gives off a Nightwing vibe. From givibg a close look, I realise the reason why I like Corvisquire so much is that it is a scaled down Corviknight without armour. And I have mixed feelings on that. On one hand, it themstically makes sense - Corvisquire gets bigger and puts on his armour then becomes a knight, like actual people do. But on another hand, it comes off as being lazy, as the closer you look, the more you realise that Corvisquire is indeed identical to Corviknight without its armour. That doesn't help Gamefreak's whole memo in regards to the accursed Dexit, but I digress. I love these birds and these birds better be some of Ash's best Pokemon in the anime or I. WILL. RIOT.
Pretty mon. From what I gather it will be a Ground type, and probably a fast one at that, and I think we always need more of those. It is vidually distinct from most of the foxes within GameFreak's line with strangely enough, its ears. These are fox ears. These look more like fox ears than most of the foxes we have now. Yadda yadda generic cuteness factor, nice facial mask design which I did hope leaned into a more criminal design but eh. Its evolved form resembles a Maned wolf, and while I am glad these animals are being represented, it doesn't look as interesting as it's prevo. It also has a moustache which is weird, and gives me more hope it is part Dark. But in the meanwhile, Mr. Fawkes is looking cool.
Pretty cool design. I believe that Centiskorch is one of those Pokémon who were designed specifically with Gigantamax in mind, as a giant centipede big enough to crush buildings is absolutely terrifying. As a Grookey gang member, I feel like I can rest assured that I have a good Fire type mon to pick up and use. Its fire whips are a nice touch, and I look forward to seeing how Centiskorch utilizes these in action.
Barney looks nice ig. I'm not a grumpy cat fanatic, so seeing essentially a dinosaur version of it doesn't do any wonders for me. And the "horn" on its forehead absolutely bugs the living shit out of me and until I see it in action I can't bring myself to like it.

Pretty tired rn and these took awhile so I'll update these later

Edit: Apparently while typing this paragraph Scorbunny's full line has been revealed in much better detail, so I will update it accordingly with the other mons I left out.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
1. Definitely either Impidimp/Grimmsnarl, Rillaboom, or the octopi. I can't choose between those three.
2. I'm not particularly fond of any of these but I do like Sirfetch'd. Makes me happy to see an old Pokemon whose purpose was probably to teach patience finally get some time in the spotlight after it lost that purpose.
3. I'm particularly attached to the Fat Pikachu callback because of an old Pikachu plush I got when I was like 7 and I loved that thing so much for the longest time. I love what they did to Charizard and I would probably like it a lot if not for the fact that they've given Charizard way too many alternate forms, if they did this to something underappreciated like Druddigon or something this would be one of my favorites.

Part of me is kind of nervous that we may not get too many more new Pokemon than this, but I'm overall pretty happy with what we have right now, even if I think they absolutely ruined Sobble and took away everything unique about Rolycoly. If I'm not mistaken, we know about around 60 new Pokemon excluding Galar Forms / Gigantamax, and I'm hopeful that this isn't all we're getting. I remember seeing some of the game journalists who got the game for an hour and a half saying they expect there to be a lot of new Pokemon through this game, and although I'm keeping my expectations low, this may end up being a great roster of Pokemon if this isn't all we're getting.

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?

Here's mine:

1. I still love Corviknight for its design and now for its neat pre-evos, but Centiskorch and Grimmsnarl are def not far behind
2. Sirfetch'd is still the seductive king of cross-gen evos and Galarian Meowth is such a lovable dork who I wanna hug even if it feels rather bristly due to its Steel typing
3. Charizard and Centiskorch for looking badass for similar reasons and Garbodor for being cleverly designed and being a Garbodor form
1,2,3 - Meowth.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
1. I do like a fair amount of them a lot design-wise, but I am easily the most impressed by Grimmsnarl. In term of an entire line, I'll go for the Ice/Bug moth line.

2. In term of Galarian Variants alone, Weezing and Stunfisk. Don't get me wrong, Galarian Ponyta is cute, but I can't help but to greatly appreciate the rework of a now forgettable/overshadowed Poison-type and a Gen 5 Pokémon. Specially Galarian Stunfisk, since Stunfisk's a Gen 5 mon, which means that it assures me that it's not gonna restrict to only Gen 1-3. And that's always better than only Gen 1.

In term of Regional Evolution, we only have three (the not-Persian evo for Galarian Meowth is one) so I'd go for Obstagoon, but Sirfetch'd is a very clear close second.

3. Gigantamax Alcremie and Gigantamax Garbodor. I never expected Garbodor to ever get a Gigantamax form, even if it is just for SwSh/Gen 8.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?

Here's mine:

1. The entire Impidimp line.

2. Sirfetch'd the god the myth the legendary hero of old. Galarian Weezing for pure meme style points gets an honourable mention.

3. Kingler and Charizard. Sorry guys, I hate Gen 1 dick sucking as much as the next guy, but I think these Pokémon more than other encapsulates what Gigantamax should be about - swelling with so much energy that these measly Pokémon turn into real kaiju.

1. Sobble or Frosmoth
2. Sirfetch'd or Star kid Zigzagoon
3. If I absolutely had to choose one, then probably Garbodor?
Ok, I have some serious beef with the leaks - why the living nightmares is the centipede called "centiscorch"?? Feels too "tacked" together while Scorchipede sounds sooo much better

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm gonna share my hopes and dreams for some of the leaked mons atm! Note this is coming from a Battle Spot Singles / VGC perspective!

Rillaboom: Man I wish this wasn't pure Grass. It does look pretty bulky though, and I feel like bulky Grass-types aren't terrible on paper with the right ability. I'm hoping we get Hidden Abilities on day 1 like the Kalos starters, rather than having to wait a year like the Alola starters! Honestly, ability wise, I want something that helps its bulk like Intimidate.

Cinderace: Yikes, pure Fire really sucks. Honestly, my only hope is that Cinderace goes full on the offensive side of things, with high speed and offensive stats, and good enough coverage and an HA to actually be usable. Gimme Desolate Land Cinderace plz

Intelleon: Pure Water is probably the most workable of the 3, but I'm not sure about a frail pure water like that design is suggesting. Honestly, I'm actually hoping this has Protean so I can use it as a discount Greninja (assuming Greninja doesn't make the cut).

Dubwool: Hmm... well, I was hoping for something better than pure normal (gee this sure is a pattern!), but Fluffy is a neat ability at least, assuming it keeps that.

Coalossal: I'm worried about this thing, it looks extremely slow, which is exactly the opposite of what a Fire / Rock type should be doing imo! Shame I don't think Rolycoly's sig ability makes it immune to Water moves, that'd make it more interesting at least!

Galarian Stunfisk: Yo I'm sorta hopping this thing gets Arena Trap, that'd be baller and make it MUCH different than Dugtrio, as more of a bulky arena trap mon. That sounds like it'd actually be ok in Battle Spot Singles, unlike Dugtrio!

Frosmoth: On one hand, I'm sorta hopping that this has Volcarona level stats and movepool, but Ice sucks so much I don't know if it can get away with the bad typing like Volcarona can with Bug / Fire.

Grimmsnarl: Holy crap its good gains goblin! Dark / Fairy doesn't seem amazing defensively, but not being weak to Bug and Fighting anymore is nice, and it sounds killer offensively. This thing looks bulky as hell too, pretty interested in this!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
I was debating giving a run down of my thoughts though now that you asked I have an excuse. For this post I'm only focusing on the newly leaked mons:

1. Favorite New Pokemon:
  • I like Cinderace, though you can call me bias as I always pick the Fire Starter. The other two aren't bad per se now that I'm used to their design. Well I say that, but I did like Rillaboom when I first saw it (was too busy being annoyed they lied about the stick). Intelleon it took until the dynamic pose I was more onboard with it. However, now that I saw the actual art of Cinderace where it looks more "complete" I'm all for picking Scorbunny.
  • Impidimp's evolutions are just AMAZING. Well, moreso its last evolution, when I saw its middle evo Morgrem I rolled my eyes as it feels like it was going in the direction of making it a more direct reference to an internet troll along with long greasy hair, but Grimmsnarl saved it. Curious if its based on a bugbear, a type of big hairy goblin.
  • Love Wooloo's and Yamper's evolutions, Dubwool and Boltund, they went in the direction I thought they would and surprisingly came out looking good.
  • If I didn't already have a Fire-type I probably would get a the fire centipede Centikorch which looks awesome.
  • And liking the Poodle Moth Bug/Ice-type, Snorm & Frosmoth. If I can I'll definitely see maybe adding them to my team.
2. Favorite Galar Form/Evolution:
  • Stunfisk is surprising what they did, turning it into a bear trap! I like the detail of both having Pokemon footprints and its mouth being the color of a Poke Ball, attracting both Pokemon and human to come close for it to snap shut on.
  • Sad that Rapidash doesn't have wings but doesn't look any less majestic.
3. Favorite Gigantamax:
  • Already commented I liked what they did with Kingler, especially when compared with Machamp and Garbodor.
  • I like Coalossal's, Rolycoly's final evo, though too bad I have problem with Rolycoly's evos.

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
1) Grimmsnarl easily takes the cake and eats it. Looks menacing, has a great offensive typing, hopefully it gets Knock Off before Sw2Sh2;
2) Sirfetch'd, because it has a really cool design and it's a fountain of memes. Hopefully it'll be viable in competitive.
3) Dynamax Gyarados because it's broken Giga-millipede and Hattarene's intrigue me the most: the former turns a relatively tame creature into a monstrous snake-like kaiju, while the latter is kind of like a kraken but less cephalopod and more weird mischievous-looking humanoid ala Malamar.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh! There's something I need to point out! Grimmsnarl seems to have potential to be a pseudo-legend because of three-stage line and being very menacing, right? Regardless if it would be or not, there's something funny about it; it's Typing gives it an advantage against every prior Pseudo-Legends.
  • Weak to Fairy: Dragonite (Dragon), Tyranitar (Dark), Salamence (Dragon), Garchomp (Dragon), Hydreigon (Dark / Dragon, rip), Goodra (Dragon) and Kommo-o (Dragon / Fighting, rip 2)
  • Weak to Dark: Metagross (Psychic, though Steel helps it getting on equal ground)
While Metagross's solid Defense and Steel type help it, being weak to Dark greatly discourage switching in, especially if Grimmsnarl can use Knock Off. The rest of them don't wanna switch on this musclebound Green Goblin at all does to Fairy-type STAB (and it can use Play Rough! Thank you Project_Mars for information). Regardless if Grimmsnarl would be a pseudo-legend or not.

If the purple dinosaur becomes the pseudo-legend instead, at least we got a second fully evolved pseudo-legend that fight back against Fairy-type (including the big bad imp) instead of fearing them like a great majority of them. Though if Grimmsnarl ends up being able to learn Earthquake (not guaranteed but many musclebound Pokémon can use it) or even Stomping Tantrum, that's a big GG.

Last edited:
1. Favorite New Pokemon?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
1. Well, foxes are my favorite animal so 100% the two new ones. Sirfetch'd and Corviknight are tied for second. The moth is currently third.
2. Sirfetch'd, full stop.
3. Actually dunno. It's a toss up between Meowth and Lapras currently.

EDIT:
Oh! There's something I need to point out! Grimmsnarl seems to have potential to be a pseudo-legend because of three-stage line and being very menacing, right? Regardless if it would be or not, there's something funny about it; it's Typing gives it an advantage against every prior Pseudo-Legends.
  • Weak to Fairy: Dragonite (Dragon), Tyranitar (Dark), Salamence (Dragon), Garchomp (Dragon), Hydreigon (Dark / Dragon, rip), Goodra (Dragon) and Kommo-o (Dragon / Fighting, rip 2)
  • Weak to Dark: Metagross (Psychic, though Steel helps it getting on equal ground)
While Metagross's solid Defense and Steel type help it, being weak to Dark greatly discourage switching in, especially if Grimmsnarl can use Knock Off. The rest of them don't wanna switch on this musclebound Green Goblin at all does to Fairy-type STAB (assuming it does get Play Rough). Regardless if Grimmsnarl would be a pseudo-legend or not.

If the purple dinosaur becomes the pseudo-legend instead, at least we got a second fully evolved pseudo-legend that fight back against Fairy-type instead of fearing them like a great majority of them.
The Impidimp in the demo knew Sucker Punch, Assurance, and Play Rough, so it very likely does.

1. Favorite New Pokemon? Frosmoth. I have been wanting an Ice/Bug for years now, lets hope it's stats and movepool don't disappoint.
2. Favorite Galar Form/Evolution? Weezing without a doubt. The stovepipe hat and the smoggy moustache is where it's at.
3, Favorite Gigantamax? Machamp. It just looks brutal.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Went back to quickly respond to certain posts wanted to respond to:

And it's got markings on its body like the ones to show distance to 'mons in PoGo.

... Just what is its prey? Humans?
I think a better question is what isn't its prey.

Coalossal is... wow. What a disappointment. You had the PERFECT chance to do a rock train, and you messed it up. I doubt there will ever be a chance to do something that hardcore ever again.
Not only that, it lost it's unique face (a single burning eye) to look like a copy of Golem's head. I have no problem with the coal cart design if it kept its head simple like its first evo (or at the very least made it a more logical progression like it just has two big burning eyes). However they fully blew the design with making the final evo looking like Tyranitar/Aggron. Why? Basic stage was a piece of coal rolling around on a single wheel and middle stage was a mine cart, where did it becoming a bipedal dinosaur come from? It should have either become a train or tank (or a railway gun).

I can totally picture each starter having a signature move, and Cinderace's will be a fire soccer ball
Rillaboom would be DK's original Final Smash.
Intelleon would be the James Bond opening scene.
Cinderace is gonna be like Mario in Mario Strikers Charged.

Unless its a mystery dungeon esque series about a young bunny on a quest to save the world and ends somehow with him kicking a god or demon lord in the face with the power of FRIENDSHIP, it doesnt count
Well next season looks like it will be more of a world hopping series so each episode would probably just skip to Ash & Go arriving to the location of interest to get right to their task.

And whose to say Go's Cinderace won't eventually do that? Look, Goku didn't start out able to turn Super Saiyan and delivering death blows to the big bads. No, he started off as a kid that Bulma found in the middle of the woods guarding the Dragon Ball not even knowing what it was except it was his grandpa's cherished object. Once recruited by Bulma he then went through all the trials and tribulations that would eventually make him Earth's (and Universe 7's) savior. Go's Scorbunny may not look impressive at the start (cause it's not supposed to, it's just starting out), but when we get to the final climax where the "evil Legendary" is about to launch it's final attack and everyone else is down and out that's when Go & Cinderace will unlock their eleventh hour superpower: forming the EVERYONE'S BURNING HOPE & DREAMS BALL STRIKER and kicking it right into & through the Evil Legendary's face!

I was thinking there'd be two species of fossils and by combining a different top and bottom you could create hybrids.
That what I was originally thinking but rereading the text it more sounds like you just get two fossil Pokemon when you're able to combine a bottom with a top. Even the character explaining this doesn't know why it works like that (grade A world building there GF; "don't know why, it just works"). Though fossil fusion would be an interesting idea.

Looking at Corviknight's pre-evolutions, Rookidee and Corvisquire, I really like that they opted to make them pure Flying-type this time around instead of the conventional Normal / Flying that most regional birds have. Even Fletchling was Normal / Flying despite its evolutions being Fire / Flying, and most Flying-types are dual-types with it being paired with another type (barring well, Tornadus). It's very rare for any Pokemon to be pure Flying type, and I like that Rookidee and Corvisquire are going that route this time around, especially since from an in game standpoint it gives them a better edge against Fighting types than usual (well not so much for Corviknight).
I personally think the pure Flying is a mistake/incomplete information and it'll be Flying/Normal as why would they change it now? Unless they're going to go back and make other Flying/Normal into pure Flying which I wouldn't be against, though which ones?

I can see them making the following pure Flying: Pidgey family, Spearow family, Hoothoot family, Taillow family, Swablu, Starly family, Pidove family, Rufflet family, Fletchling, & Pikipek family.

Though I would keep some Normal/Flying like Doduo family (since they're roadrunner than flyers, though honestly would see them become Ground/Flying), Farfetch'd (because it's not as good at flying), and Chatot (because sound-based moves are Normal-type). Actually I would just change the primary typing for a lot of them like make Spearow family part Dark-type, Hoothoot family part Psychic, Staraptor and Rufflet family to Fighting-type, and Fletchling to Fire-type.

I wonder if there wasn't enough time for the guide scans start to come, or at least the entire dex listing in text, along with a few moves of interest.
These books usually present other statistics as base stats and abilities, right?

While Metagross's solid Defense and Steel type help it, being weak to Dark greatly discourage switching in, especially if Grimmsnarl can use Knock Off. The rest of them don't wanna switch on this musclebound Green Goblin at all does to Fairy-type STAB (and it can use Play Rough! Thank you Project_Mars for information). Regardless if Grimmsnarl would be a pseudo-legend or not.

If the purple dinosaur becomes the pseudo-legend instead, at least we got a second fully evolved pseudo-legend that fight back against Fairy-type (including the big bad imp) instead of fearing them like a great majority of them. Though if Grimmsnarl ends up being able to learn Earthquake (not guaranteed but many musclebound Pokémon can use it) or even Stomping Tantrum, that's a big GG.
Nobody switchs into it because Dark is only resisted by fairy, dark and fighting, and dark and fighting are weak against Fairy. There's no possible typing combination that resists Dark and Fairy except only AND only Fairy/Steel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)