SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I see more leaks on Twitter than here? I know there's a delay but a lot has shown so I'm curious why this wasn't updated.

Galarian Rapidash, Coalassal, Galarian Corsola, etc.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You do realize Masuda is responsible for many of the more half-baked entries in the series (FRLG, DP, XY, LGPE), right? Platinum wasn't even directed by him; that was Takeshi Kawachimaru. I'd replace it with happy Corsola playing a Morimoto game.
XY is better than every game you didn't mention and LGPE is gold but you can keep lying to yourself and won't change my mind.

Meanwhile, why isn't Toxapex banned for murder?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Y'know, I've never really considered any Pokemon truly creepy, not even the creepypasta-fuel stuff like Hypno or Darkrai. They have some dark lore for sure, but they and other mons with disturbing lore like Malamar have never freaked me out.

Galarian Corsola has completely changed that. When I saw that poor little frowning pale Corsola I was like "Jesus Christ, they can't possibly be referencing what I think they are referencing... ...it's a Ghost... ...oh my god they are actually referencing that." Like, I remember seeing the idea of a bleached coral Corsola passed around on Reddit a few months ago and thinking to myself "That's way too dark and tangible of a fear, Game Freak would never do that". And Cursola being this shattered coral ghost abomination with Corsola's face just trapped in that phantom mist, paralyzed in fear... ...That's some fucking Silent Hill shit right there. I honestly don't want this thing being OU-worthy just so I don't have to see this reminder of a horrible real-life ecological crisis interrupting my competitive creature-battling game, it's legit shook me that hard.

Yay for our first ghost type leaked. Odd its pure ghost, but I'll take it. COrsula was never a terrible pokemon, so it now evolving is pretty good. It being a ghost/fairy would have been cool... i wonder how many more ghosts are coming?

You know I really like what GF is doing. Not just giving old pokemon new forms, but making old pokemon that never evolved evolve now too. It makes sense scientifically too.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Galarian Corsola has completely changed that. When I saw that poor little frowning pale Corsola I was like "Jesus Christ, they can't possibly be referencing what I think they are referencing... ...it's a Ghost... ...oh my god they are actually referencing that." Like, I remember seeing the idea of a bleached coral Corsola passed around on Reddit a few months ago and thinking to myself "That's way too dark and tangible of a fear, Game Freak would never do that". And Cursola being this shattered coral ghost abomination with Corsola's face just trapped in that phantom mist, paralyzed in fear... ...That's some fucking Silent Hill shit right there. I honestly don't want this thing being OU-worthy just so I don't have to see this reminder of a horrible real-life ecological crisis interrupting my competitive creature-battling game, it's legit shook me that hard.
Like, on one hand I like they're putting this stuff in the forefront because people need to be aware of what's going on in the world. Climate change is real and it's slowly killing all life on Earth, the coral reef being the some of the first and most notable victims. We need to take action! We need to put in policies to stop corporations from destroying the world all in the sake for short term profit!

But at the same time it's also a reminder that many governments are run by these corporate minds or at least corporate has heavy control and they're stiffening these policies. I feel like this Corsola & Cursula, I want to do something but can't because the government that's supposed to be protecting me is corrupted by the corporations. I do my part, voting for the responsible people, but corporation knows how to sway human stupidity to their side despite it being against their best interest. I kind of don't want that reminder to be staring me in the face now and again.

Sorry I got on my soap box there but this really upsets and infuriates me.

Where are all these leaks getting posted in the first place?
Here.

i am out of the comp loop, but why would a ghost type with shell smash be amazing?
Ghost-types only have two weaknesses: Ghost & Dark.

Random coral facts:

Corals are actually related to jellyfish, which is just making comparisons to jellicent more noticeable. Sponges are separate, and use a different building material than corals: corals generally use limestone, while sponges use silica. This of course means that, if this version of corsola is based on the sponge 'coral,' then it may be made of glass instead of limestone. Those who are paying attention may notice that Nihilego is no longer really all that 'out there.'

Secondly, not all varieties of coral use algae, even separate from the fact that their grouping also includes anenomes. Of course, these are generally not brightly coloured, and any reef-builders are the chalky white of limestone. Most are filter-feeders, though some can take larger targets. These most often occur in deeper and colder waters. Rather hilariously, while double-checking knowledge on wikipedia, I found a genus of this variety that just happens to a) have a branching structure similar to Cursola and b) happens to have a habitat near Britain. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lophelia). But don't worry if you want to use this for an ecological statement, the coral in question is at risk due to damage from fishing trawlers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)