SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

The one I'm actually eying here, is Dracovish. To be clear, I still got problems with it: Water Absorb is lame on this kind of mon (though not totally useless), and it doesn't seem particularly powerful.
On the plus side, with the right moveset, Dracovish can be another decent Toxapex counter. Burning the fossil fish with scald would be impossible due to Water Absorb. Give it earthquake (which I hope GF is kind enough to allow) and substitute and you got perfect immunity and power against the toxic coral users who avoid giving it a poison-type attack move.

Friends and I are preparing to do a draft league a bit into SW/SH's life so I've been preemptively making a tier list. Going through all the 'mons available, I gotta say I think its time for the rise of Cincinno.

Assuming it keeps Skill Link + Rock Blast + Bullet Seed. 115 speed is very great now and 95 attack is relatively high given the lowered power creep.

A 125 base power STAB move + 125 base power coverage moves. Assuming they aren't nerfed.
There's quite a few less Steel types to worry about and, from what i can see, very few pokemon that can go faster than a natural base 115. I can see Banded Tail Slap being a generally hard thing to switch in to, especially with the fear of Bullet Seed.

2kos max phys def Toxapex
252 Atk Choice Band Cinccino Tail Slap (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Toxapex: 150-180 (49.3 - 59.2%) -- approx. 53.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Tyranitar,
252 Atk Choice Band Cinccino Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 310-370 (80.9 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Obviously not a perfect 'mon, and this isnt considering any new mechanic changes or new Pokemon, but I am definitely looking forward to trying this thing out. Maybe it'll get lucky and get a good Fighting or Fire move.
King’s Rock is the best item for Cinccino

Hilarious ideas aside, all it really needs is Arm Thrust.

Inb4 Champion battle is vgc
That would be cool, but unlikely.

To be fair, while it's not as bad as these failed chimeras, real life has some examples of very badly designed animals, usually from islands with fewer predators. For example, the Kakapo is a flightless bird. That in itself isn't too strange, but it occasionally forgets the 'flightless' part and attempts to flee by launching itself out of trees. They attempt to mate only about every five years, which consists of the males going a large distance out of their way to do mating calls that reasonably could have been done closer to home. Oh, and this usually only produces 1-4 eggs per pairing. Unsurprisingly, it's endangered.
Hey, lets be fair to the Kakapo: it is flightless and slow because its hunters were all birds, and so hunted with their sight. So fleeing rapidly is only a waste of time, given that the Kakapo's dimensions doesn't exactly allow lots of hidden places.

Also a theory i've heard about the inspiration of Hattarene: it is both Rapunzel and the Tower. (The pokemon's shape, and the fact that it has a ground reaching hairdo [Almost]) Yes, the waifumon is literally a waifu. The Waifumon might be getting stronger, so we should probably worr - ALL. SUBMIT. TO. THE. PSYCHIC. TYPE. WAIFUS.

Also i love the new fossils, the typings of the new fossils, and the fact that the Pokedex entries are like clearly 100% invented. Or Ancient Galar had very weird pokemon. I mean, Kalos is right beyond the sea: who knows what would cause not having an apocalipse but having a Legendary of Life very close.

I know that there is this thing in Japan where the three numbers form a word. Does anyone here know enough Japanese to know what the numbers of everyone here mean?
I'm pretty sure they're just jersey numbers. These are all styled just like a collectible sports card really, it's like an ingame trading card set.

Theorymon

WELCOME TO THE NEW DECADE, WAHOO!
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has any info emerged on whether GIgantamaxing affects stats aside from HP?
Don't think so, the leaker who leaked several gigantamax formes yesterday afaik doesn't actually have them, he's just getting the Pokemon so he can view their formes in the dex, and he's seen their gigantamax formes in the game's story.

Don't think so, the leaker who leaked several gigantamax formes yesterday afaik doesn't actually have them, he's just getting the Pokemon so he can view their formes in the dex, and he's seen their gigantamax formes in the game's story.
Presumably they would come from the highst rated raid battles, which are hyped up to be some of the most difficult battles in the game/series, so it would seem a little unlikely that he would have one, given he would be with 3 NPC trainers for the Max Raids. Unless gamefreak is Either bad at their games or exaggerated their difficulty.

Pokémon Sword and Shield Storyline Spoilers

- The Galar Royalty is upset that you prove the real legendary hero was Zacian and Zamazenta not their ancestors.
- They steal Dynamax Stars and make the Dynamax Pokémon you fight at eery gym.
- Then they corrupt Zacian and you beat him.
- Then you catch Zamazenta and Hop calms and catches Zacian

Last edited:
I know that there is this thing in Japan where the three numbers form a word. Does anyone here know enough Japanese to know what the numbers of everyone here mean?
Yeah it's called goroawase.

Skipping Nessa/Milo/Allister as you can find them on Bulbapedia. Can't promise perfect accuracy as I'm not a native speaker.

Hiding guesses under a spoiler tag:
Marnie 960 =ku ro maru = to blacken
Melony 361 = sa mu i = cold
Opal 910 = ko i ????? Possibly kuize from kuize o mamoru which means like "hold fast to your ways" or "be overly conservative"
Bede 908 = ???
Piers 061 = ō shi i = brave ?
Hop 189 = hi ya ku = making a leap (lol)
Kabu 187 = hi ba na = spark
Raihan 241 tsu yo i = strong

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. I’m new to forums and I have absolutely no clue how. :psycry: Also..... you are in the spoilers thread.
It’s the [ hide] [ /hide] tags, which puts a button on the post that you click on to show everything in between them. And Fair point, it’s the spoilers thread and it’s a risk that should be accepted by anyone viewing it, but people had been putting story spoilers in hide tags as a courtesy thing, which is nice.

EDIT: I like how it automatically closes the hide tag if you leave it open. Also you can customize it with [ hide=“Text Goes here”] too, incidentally.

The title to this thread literally has the word SPOILERS in it. I feel like spoilers in the spoilers thread goes without saying.
Yes but story spoilers and pokemon data spoilers are two seperate things. One might choose to find out all about the pokemon in the game but leave the story unspoiled in order to keep that suspense when playing through the game for the first time.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
People want to know about mons and forms, that's why they're here. I dont understand wanting to spoil the story of the game at all (why would you even play it if you know what's going to happen?), just like I'm sure you dont understand why someone would care. Just try to put story spoilers in hide tags. It takes two seconds and prevents you from undermining someone else's experience with the game.

List of Gym Leaders (Not sure which game though).

Grass Type: Milo

Water Type: Nessa

Fire Type: Kabu

Ghost Type: Allister

Fairy Type: Opal

Ice Type: Melony

Dark Type: Piers

Dragon Type: Raihan

Fight Type: Bea

Rock Type: Gordie

AND! Information from NintendoSoup regarding the Champion

According to the leaks, a special Charmander is given to the player after they defeat Leon in the game. We presume this special Charmander comes from Leon. This Charmander is special because it has the ability to Gigantamax into Gigantamax Charizard.

Besides this new information, we also had another look at the guidebook, which shows Gigantamax Pikachu, Gigantamax Charizard, and Gigantamax Eevee. This could suggest only Charizard is getting a Gigantamax form, whereas Venusaur and Blastoise aren’t.

• Kabu - 187 - hibana (spark)
  • Opal - 910 - kyūto (cute) which is ironic since Opal is ugly af
  • Melony - 361 - samui (cold)
  • Piers - 061 - maruobi (round belt)
  • Raihan - 241 - tsuyobi (high fire)
  • Bede - 908 - kyūreiya (rapid cooling)
  • Marnie - 960 - kuromaru (black circle)
  • Hop - 189 - biyaku (quickly)
Not sure about some of these, but here you go.

Also a theory i've heard about the inspiration of Hattarene: it is both Rapunzel and the Tower. (The pokemon's shape, and the fact that it has a ground reaching hairdo [Almost]) Yes, the waifumon is literally a waifu. The Waifumon might be getting stronger, so we should probably worr - ALL. SUBMIT. TO. THE. PSYCHIC. TYPE. WAIFUS.
I can see Hattarene as a fairytale princess or "good fairy" with Grimmsnarl being a villanous counterpart. Being both 3-stage lines, next to each other in the Pokedex, and having their middle forms both ending in -"rem" (Mogrem/Hattrem) makes me think there might be a relationship there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)