SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can see Hattarene as a fairytale princess or "good fairy" with Grimmsnarl being a villanous counterpart. Being both 3-stage lines, next to each other in the Pokedex, and having their middle forms both ending in -"rem" (Mogrem/Hattrem) makes me think there might be a relationship there.
I'm thinking Hatterene and Grimmsnarl will likely be version exclusives in Sword and Shield. They may have the same BSTs at each stage and same catch rates and such, and I imagine they will likely be "counterpart" families found in the same location but one in each version. An enemy relationship like Zangoose/Seviper certainly isn't out of the cards though. Just my personal guess though.

I'm thinking Hatterene and Grimmsnarl will likely be version exclusives in Sword and Shield. They may have the same BSTs at each stage and same catch rates and such, and I imagine they will likely be "counterpart" families found in the same location but one in each version. An enemy relationship like Zangoose/Seviper certainly isn't out of the cards though. Just my personal guess though.
From I know:

Sword exclusives: Deino, Jangmo-o and Sirfetch'd
Shield exclusives: Larvitar, Goomy and Galarian Ponyta.

Idk if Hattrene and Grimmsnarl are exclusives too. I hope they aren't.

Pokémon Sword and Shield Version Exclusives

Pokémon Sword

Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon

Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o

Farfetch’d, Sirfetch’d

Turtonator

Mawile

Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle

Rufflet, Braviary

Zacian

Pokémon Shield

Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra

Galarian Ponyta, Rapidash

Drampa

Sableye

Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus

Vullaby, Mandibuzz

Zamazenta

I already pre-ordered Sword. Gonna get some amazing pokes...:psysly: Sadly... I won’t be able to catch me a Yung Dramps... :psycry:

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
View attachment 204198
Based on this screenshot, I did a potential calc of Grimmsnarl's stats. Keep in mind, these were done assuming neutral nature, and vary from max to min IVs:

85-100 HP
111-127 Attack
71-86 Defense
92-108 Special Attack
81-97 Special Defense
60-76 Speed
500-594 BST
It is important to note that Grimmsnarl is a fully evolved Pokemon, hence is bound to have EVs in several stats. Base stats therefore might be lower.

If there are more screen shots showing off stats keep them coming. Hoping those are from the party or battle menu and not the PC box menu. The box menu shows more information in the 3DS games. Yes the bottom screen shows the box on the old console and has more space overall, but they can easily make it work. Looking at that Grimmsnarl picture I would hate to have to flip through 5 pages to get all the stats when organizing boxes and teams. No reason you can't remove the graph and list the EV spread, put the moves and held item there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)