SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

There is a new video on the official pokemon channel that shows an awesome new feature; pokemon (of the same species only I'm assuming) left together in the nursery can transfer egg moves to each other!

Edit; Ninja'd

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pretty sure Zacian and Zamazenta are gonna be Uber by default. Smogon policy is that 680 BST cover legends are automatically Ubers.

But yeah, Ubers this gen is gonna be small at least early on, with just Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, and of course Aegislash will likely get banned too xD. Maybe it might get bigger with time if OU decides to ban more stuff as time passes though.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Zacian and Zamazenta are gonna be Uber by default. Smogon policy is that 680 BST cover legends are automatically Ubers.

But yeah, Ubers this gen is gonna be small at least early on, with just Zacian, Zamazenta, maybe Eternatus, and of course Aegislash will likely get banned too xD. Maybe it might get bigger with time if OU decides to ban more stuff as time passes though.
If Zacian has similar stats compared to Zamazenta, I think Zacian is Anything Goes at that point.
Well spread stats + great typing + great ability = almost unstoppable
If it gets the right moves like a boosting move and good coverages (Earthquake ?!), it will be too much to handle.
I think it's going to miss good coverage moves though.

Last edited:
We have a ~700BST legendary which plays like Naganadel but with excellent bulk and a signature move that's 200 BP against Dynamaxes (not to mention probably some sort of special E-Max move), and we're thinking it's maybe going to be uber? :p
Could you gently sent to me the information about what you just said? I've checking the leaks since always but have missed this thing about Eternatus.

Okay to clarify about the egg move thing: breeding is not required! All you need is two of the same species of pokemon in the daycare, and one will teach their egg moves to the other!

Also, from serebii: Some new Pokémon Sword & Shield information has been released. With this, from November 15th 2019 to January 2020, some Max Raid Battles for Gigantamx Pokémon will be more common. During this time, you'll find more Gigantamax Butterfree as well as Gigantamax Drednaw in Sword and Corviknight in Shield.

Okay to clarify about the egg move thing: breeding is not required! All you need is two of the same species of pokemon in the daycare, and one will teach their egg moves to the other!

Also, from serebii: Some new Pokémon Sword & Shield information has been released. With this, from November 15th 2019 to January 2020, some Max Raid Battles for Gigantamx Pokémon will be more common. During this time, you'll find more Gigantamax Butterfree as well as Gigantamax Drednaw in Sword and Corviknight in Shield.
Is it random?

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We have a ~700BST legendary which plays like Naganadel but with excellent bulk and a signature move that's 200 BP against Dynamaxes (not to mention probably some sort of special E-Max move), and we're thinking it's maybe going to be uber? :p
Here

Its possible stat range courtesy of MattL:

HP: 140 - 155
Atk: 80 - 95
Def: 95 - 110
SpA: 145 - 160
SpDef: 92 - 108
Spe: 121 - 136
Well I'm dumb and didn't pay that much attention to Eternatus's revealed stats it seems. But holy shit that's a hell of a good stat spread and signature move. I'm impressed. I agree that it's definitely going Uber, I guess I've stuck in my head the idea of the past three "third legends" being statistically underwhelming and before the stat leaks was under the impression that Eternatus would be inherently less than stellar.

But damn this thing's good off the bat, plus an Eternamax form. Holy shit this thing's godly powerful. Good thing Game Freak made it powerful off the bat.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Here

If this gets Nasty Plot, AG without a singular doubt.
This doesn't really say 700 BST to me. This says much more likely 680 BST.

Remember that Legendary Pokemon have been given at least 3 perfect IVs for the last couple generations, so at least half of these are going to be the minimum value of that range, and since the sum of the minimums doesn't even make it to 680 BST (673 BST) I'm inclined to think this is just good IVs than a 700 BST unfuzed Pokemon.

Low-key a bit sad that we don't have a psuedo-legend that's Dragon/Poison and bulky that would be usable in OU, but hey Eternatus looks really cool IMO and even with the lowest possible stat values of the range listed, it's still gonna be really good probably.

This doesn't really say 700 BST to me. This says much more likely 680 BST.

Remember that Legendary Pokemon have been given at least 3 perfect IVs for the last couple generations, so at least half of these are going to be the minimum value of that range, and since the sum of the minimums doesn't even make it to 680 BST (673 BST) I'm inclined to think this is just good IVs than a 700 BST unfuzed Pokemon.
The absolute minimum adds up to 673. It's only gonna be 680 if he rolled almost perfect IVs in everything. (The maximum, assuming he rolled 31 IVs in the lowest three stats and minimum in the best three, is 718.)

Unrelated, but we also don't know if there are any stat boosts from Eternamaxing.

now that primal groudon is gone, hopefully papa masuda added a permanent sand weather so my boi excadrill can dominate ubers again :)

ps just me or should typings of zacian/zamazenta be switched??
zacian seems more like a fighter

Here

If this gets Nasty Plot, AG without a singular doubt.
I'm not sure because Zacian and Zamazenta are going to check it.
I think even +2 Flamethrower wouldn't OHKO them and Zacian and Zamazenta will be faster (not sure about Zamazenta complete form).
However I don't know how will Gigantamax works, do we know if it raises every stat or is it just HP like dynamax ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)