SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I mean, being able to give to your loyal starter egg moves seems like a nice payoff, so that I’m not forced to use them just as an egg factory. :v
Don't get me wrong, being able to chose ANY pokémon you had in previous gens —im thinking about the future too— and change it's IVs and Nature to make it competitive is exceptional. If only they gave us an ability capsule to get Dream World abilities it'd have been perfect.

It's only that it makes me a bit sad because I started breeding —like serious breeding— back in DPPl, then I wrote a lot of guides for spanish forums and so on, my Pokémon experience has been heavily related to this aspect of the games so, for me, even if this is surely a great QOL improvement, it's impossible not to feel sad about this.

So Egg Moves can be put on any Pokemon without breeding. That is big especially for transferred Pokemon. Now we can have Past Gen Moves or Event Moves with Gen 8 Egg Moves. For example: Weezing can now have Pain Split and Toxic Spikes with the Dream World Sludge Wave.

TRs are a good way of making powerful moves TMs without breaking the game, buuuut post-game who cares? I hope there's just a TR store somewhere in the Wild Area that lets you re-purchase.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
You also have to account for the mons having 4 EVs in one of their stats. I've managed to compile what I believe is the more accurate version of these stats:

Falinks: 65/100/100/70/60/75 (BST: 470)
Duraludon: 70/95/115/120/50/85 (BST: 535)
Grimmsnarl: 95/120/65/95/75/62 (BST: 512)
Rillaboom: 100/125/90/60/70/85 (BST: 530)
Cinderace: 80/116/75/65/75/119 (BST: 530)
Intelleon: 70/85/65/125/65/120 (BST: 530)
Dragapult: 88/120/75/100/75/142 (BST: 600)
Barraskewda: 61/123/60/60/50/136 (BST: 490)
Hatterene: 61/90/96/136/103/44 (BST: 530) [assuming 0 Speed IV; this is also the only mon shown that I suspect doesn't have any leftover 4 EVs as any increase in its base stats leads to an odd BST)
Copperajah: 122/130/70/80/68/30 (BST: 500)
It'd be helpful if these stats were to be added to the first post

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nature mints look awesome.

I know they aren’t in the Galar dex, but assuming nature mints become a series staple and the old mons eventually come back, we might finally be able to get decent natures on a lot of the old event legends. Timid/Modest Eruption Heatran, and Timid Raikou look like the big winners if so!

Last edited:
Barraskewda seems pretty unreal in rain teams. Its speed means it can run Adamant and still outspeed everything, and base 123 attack Adamant Liquidation in the rain is going to hit like a truck. Even has Close Combat for Ferrothorn, be interesting if it has anything to hit Toxapex.

Be interesting if Dragapult has a decent ghost STAB, but its moveset in the rentals suggests it won't. Still U-Turn off base 142 speed screams Choice Band to me.

Barraskewda seems pretty unreal in rain teams. Its speed means it can run Adamant and still outspeed everything, and base 123 attack Adamant Liquidation in the rain is going to hit like a truck. Even has Close Combat for Ferrothorn, be interesting if it has anything to hit Toxapex.
If only it could breed with Bruxish to learn Psychic Fangs :psycry:

(Here’s hoping it gets it anyway somehow).

252+ Atk Barraskewda (123 Atk) Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 136-162 (44.7 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

And that's a specially defensive Pex. It's gonna need a lot more

252+ Atk Life Orb Barraskewda (123 Atk) Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 138-164 (45.3 - 53.9%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge
It's always the Pex...

Assumption is 0 EVs because apparently this Orbeetle was caught fresh in the wild. Nature was taken into account. The range is for 0 or 31 IVs. If it's 31 IVs, then the stat would be the lower of the range. If it's 0 IVs, the stat would be the higher of the range (<-- that is not a typo)

Orbeetle:
HP: 58 - 74
Atk: 33 - 48
Def: 96 - 111
SpA: 76 - 92
SpDef: 118 - 134
Spe: 83 - 98
Going back to Orbeetle, that bulk to me, screams set up sweeper. With any of Calm Mind (likely being Psychic type), Nasty Plot or even *drools* Quiver Dance, it could have some nice competitive application.

Bug/Psychic is, after all, a damn good STAB combo. Bug hits both Dark and Psychic types SE, while Psychic hits Poison and Fighting SE. The two offensive STABs really complement each other well.

Here’s hoping for a decent ability besides Swarm.

—————-

On another note, while we’re all drooling over Dragapult, remember it’s pretty frail and weak to priority like Sucker Punch and the less common Ice Shard. Dragon Dance aside, this guy ain’t sweeping as long as there’s a Bisharp, Grimm or Band Weavile in its way.

Plus, unless it gets some Fighting coverage, its total Pursuit food for Tyranitar, who can regardless run Chopple Berry. And then there’s always Clefable.

Dragapult might be more manageable in OU than you think.

Dragapult looks extremely promising. That speed with decent attack, assuming 142 speed and 120 attack, along with DD and U-Turn will make it a great candidate for DD sweeper as well as CB user. Sticky web with it would be cool to use. I also adore the aesthetic design. The only concern I have is its defenses, or bulk, as it looks to be extremely frail. Still, with Dexit and removal of some powercreep mechanics (i.e. megas), the bulk may not be as big of an issue. My god that speed though...

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
On another note, while we’re all drooling over Dragapult, remember it’s pretty frail and weak to priority like Sucker Punch and the less common Ice Shard. Dragon Dance aside, this guy ain’t sweeping as long as there’s a Bisharp, Grimm or Band Weavile in its way.

Plus, unless it gets some Fighting coverage, its total Pursuit food for Tyranitar, who can regardless run Chopple Berry. And then there’s always Clefable.

Dragapult might be more manageable in OU than you think.
The same could've been said for Naganadel in OU this gen, which in a similar note wouldn't sweep unless SpD Heatran or AV Tar were removed, while also being weak to Scarf Gren's Ice Beam and Weavile's and Mamoswine's Ice Shard. The problem however was the fact that it centralized the meta into either Balance teams using a very select group of the aforementioned Pokemon or extreme Sticky Web Hyper Offense. For now, I prospectively see Dragapult going that exact way.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
This meta may not be as powered down as we thought... 0_o

I know this is something from 12 Pages ago, but no one pointed this out.

Look to the left of Drednaw's name, between the arrows. That's a Freind Ball!

Like others have said, breeding is still needed for flawlessly flawed Pokemon that have 0s in Attack in case of confusion or Speed for Trick Room. Some Pokemon also want 29 in HP because of Life Orb recoil and you still need to breed for egg moves. Egg moves can only be shared by Pokemon of the same species, so you still have to breed for the egg moves in the first place. (Unless you have friends that have already done it)

Also, you can go for Natures and Characteristics for a Pokemon's personality if fixing imperfect stats is easy enough. (Characteristics are hints at Pokemon's IVs) I might go for stuff like Hasty and "Loves to fight" or Lonely and "Often lost in thought"

That's because the thread's been moving at light speed. This was posted yesterday.
Can confirm this has been posted and the thread is moving at light speed. There's been 11 pages over night for me!

Have we 100% confirmed if the nature mints act superficially, or if they actually change the nature?

Edit: are egg moves transferred by the new method re learnable from the tutor/move re learner?

Don't know if it's in the spread but Toxicitry is a special attacker w/~120 Sp,Atk, ~70-90 spd, and ~50-70's in all defensive stats. Calc was done on 4chan and I didn't see it within the sheet, it's based on a fresh caught then evolved mon- so low room for EV values to mess w/stats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)