SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I'm seeing on Twitter and 4chan that apparently this and flapple are actually version-based split evos of applin that share the same gigantamax? Flapple -> sword, appletun -> shield.

Looking back at the ultra blurry guidebook page for the gmax, they do have what looks like two separate base forms in the corners and two gmax move boxes. Bizarre.
I'll be quite happy if this is true, i was disappointed for a bit there to have another family where i like the middle much more than the final, but now there is still hope for Flapple to be good :)

Also, holy hell that metagame mixup, the list of missing OU staples is staggering :blobastonished:

Excited for Vileplume to be more viable given that it’s the only poison/grass that made it in.

Also hoping for new mons to get cool abilities. I’ll be very sad if Malamar is the only one with Contrary.

We don’t know all the types yet right? Still holding out for some cool new dual typings even though it doesn’t seem that likely.

Edit: forgot Roserade but it’s more offensive.
Vileplume is not the only one as there's Roserade. However, Vileplume can pull off a defensive set much better than Roserade does. Roserade is more like an offensive spike setter.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For what it's worth, a lot of other bulky pokemon got the boot. Chansey (and Blissey ig), Alomomola, Tangrowth, Celesteela, Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno for pressure stall, Slowbro/Slowking, Skarmory, Suicune, Gliscor, Porygon2, Cresselia, (Bulky) Heatran, Amoonguss and Chesnaught will all not be returning, so that's so many bulky mons we don't have to deal with. Oh and lol pex will probs get banned anyway it's near unbreakable now with the lower power level
Honestly I have zero issues with the mons in that list it’s literally just that Toxapex is a sin.

Definitely an interesting metagame.

I guess we need to hold off on Mythicals until the datamine comes along. There is the remote possibility of some legendaries being treated differently. Wasn't there some talk of special challenges for the raid battles?

This kind of strikes me as an XYish Pokedex. It took a little while before Pokemon Bank came out, so when XY were released - Torchic was the only Hoenn starter we could use and it got a Mega Evolution a year before ORAS.

I’m sure people made that joke back in the summer, since Flygon’s inclusion has been long known. (It was even shown using a new move that’s basically Physical Snarl in the trailer shown at Worlds)

If it keeps its HA (among other things), Corsola may be sorta relevant too... but I don’t see it sticking around in OU.
I believe it's been confirmed that there's an in-game mechanic to encounter HA versions of mons

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Is that Dex list complete and we 100% know for a fact that's all of the Pokemon?
Yep. Only thing we don't know about is mythicals (and, based on a slim chance and the precedent of Lugia/Ho-oh in gen 3, the possibility of anything being made mythical that wasn't before).
We dont have any datamines yet but as far as the leakers can tell, the dex has been fully compiled
The dex list is taken from in game, and if swsh's dex is anything like previous gens, it'll only show you numbers up to the highest you've seen. At the moment, the highest the leaker has encountered is 400 with eternatus.

We know for a fact that mew is in the games, yet it's not in that 400.
There's still the possibility for anything after that 400, but I'm not expecting much beyond mew and maybe the meltan line.

I'm surprised Heatmor and Durant got in. Thought these two would be the first thing gamefreak would cut lmao.

In the current limited dex we have, the most broken normal mon seems to be Aegislash, which is a pretty interesting turn of events

Wasn't there a leak that said the Pokedex total jumped to 620 after beating the game? What became of that?

To elaborate more on my Fighting-type comment.
Fighting-type is my favorite, and overall it's not like they didn't get represented well enough, but the swarm of mono Fighting is really questionable to me, even though I had to look it up, and they also did something similar in Gen 5, my favorite gen.
Pure Fighting mons in the Dex, final forms/only form: Machamp, 3 Hitmons, Conkeldurr, Sawk, Throh, Passimian. 8 pure Fighting mons.
Dual Fighting mons in the Dex, final forms/only form: Lucario, Toxicroak, Gallade, Scrafty, Pangoro, Hawlucha, Bewear, Kommo-o. 8 dual typed Fighting mons, but two of them share the same typing.
Bringing both the Scrafty line and the Pangoro line seems like a waste to me, since both have the same typing, but switched. If I were to choose, I would have only brought Scrafty to make place for another combination.
Now then, back to the issue, why on Earth would they add another 3 mono Fighting mons to the already strong enough roaster to make it 11?! We lost Breloom/Chesnaught (Grass), we lost Heracross (Bug), we lost Poliwrath/Keldeo (Water), we lost the Fire/Fighting mons, we lost Crabominable (Ice) for more mono Fighting types. I really damn hope Darmanitan turns out to be Ice/Fighting to ease the pain.
Ng, upset about the loss of Breloom... #RipBLoom

I'm surprised Heatmor and Durant got in. Thought these two would be the first thing gamefreak would cut lmao.

In the current limited dex we have, the most broken normal mon seems to be Aegislash, which is a pretty interesting turn of events

Wasn't there a leak that said the Pokedex total jumped to 620 after beating the game? What became of that?
I’m surprised too.

Everyone seems to be thinking that Toxapex will wall the whole metagame disregarding the fact that Dugtrio is still here to smack his ass
Hahaha true though. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)