SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Don't think so, the leaker who leaked several gigantamax formes yesterday afaik doesn't actually have them, he's just getting the Pokemon so he can view their formes in the dex, and he's seen their gigantamax formes in the game's story.
Presumably they would come from the highst rated raid battles, which are hyped up to be some of the most difficult battles in the game/series, so it would seem a little unlikely that he would have one, given he would be with 3 NPC trainers for the Max Raids. Unless gamefreak is Either bad at their games or exaggerated their difficulty.

Pokémon Sword and Shield Storyline Spoilers

- The Galar Royalty is upset that you prove the real legendary hero was Zacian and Zamazenta not their ancestors.
- They steal Dynamax Stars and make the Dynamax Pokémon you fight at eery gym.
- Then they corrupt Zacian and you beat him.
- Then you catch Zamazenta and Hop calms and catches Zacian

Last edited:
I know that there is this thing in Japan where the three numbers form a word. Does anyone here know enough Japanese to know what the numbers of everyone here mean?
Yeah it's called goroawase.

Skipping Nessa/Milo/Allister as you can find them on Bulbapedia. Can't promise perfect accuracy as I'm not a native speaker.

Hiding guesses under a spoiler tag:
Marnie 960 =ku ro maru = to blacken
Melony 361 = sa mu i = cold
Opal 910 = ko i ????? Possibly kuize from kuize o mamoru which means like "hold fast to your ways" or "be overly conservative"
Bede 908 = ???
Piers 061 = ō shi i = brave ?
Hop 189 = hi ya ku = making a leap (lol)
Kabu 187 = hi ba na = spark
Raihan 241 tsu yo i = strong

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. I’m new to forums and I have absolutely no clue how. :psycry: Also..... you are in the spoilers thread.
It’s the [ hide] [ /hide] tags, which puts a button on the post that you click on to show everything in between them. And Fair point, it’s the spoilers thread and it’s a risk that should be accepted by anyone viewing it, but people had been putting story spoilers in hide tags as a courtesy thing, which is nice.

EDIT: I like how it automatically closes the hide tag if you leave it open. Also you can customize it with [ hide=“Text Goes here”] too, incidentally.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
The title to this thread literally has the word SPOILERS in it. I feel like spoilers in the spoilers thread goes without saying.
Yes but story spoilers and pokemon data spoilers are two seperate things. One might choose to find out all about the pokemon in the game but leave the story unspoiled in order to keep that suspense when playing through the game for the first time.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
People want to know about mons and forms, that's why they're here. I dont understand wanting to spoil the story of the game at all (why would you even play it if you know what's going to happen?), just like I'm sure you dont understand why someone would care. Just try to put story spoilers in hide tags. It takes two seconds and prevents you from undermining someone else's experience with the game.

List of Gym Leaders (Not sure which game though).

Grass Type: Milo

Water Type: Nessa

Fire Type: Kabu

Ghost Type: Allister

Fairy Type: Opal

Ice Type: Melony

Dark Type: Piers

Dragon Type: Raihan

Fight Type: Bea

Rock Type: Gordie

AND! Information from NintendoSoup regarding the Champion

According to the leaks, a special Charmander is given to the player after they defeat Leon in the game. We presume this special Charmander comes from Leon. This Charmander is special because it has the ability to Gigantamax into Gigantamax Charizard.

Besides this new information, we also had another look at the guidebook, which shows Gigantamax Pikachu, Gigantamax Charizard, and Gigantamax Eevee. This could suggest only Charizard is getting a Gigantamax form, whereas Venusaur and Blastoise aren’t.

I know that there is this thing in Japan where the three numbers form a word. Does anyone here know enough Japanese to know what the numbers of everyone here mean?
  • Kabu - 187 - hibana (spark)
  • Opal - 910 - kyūto (cute) which is ironic since Opal is ugly af
  • Melony - 361 - samui (cold)
  • Piers - 061 - maruobi (round belt)
  • Raihan - 241 - tsuyobi (high fire)
  • Bede - 908 - kyūreiya (rapid cooling)
  • Marnie - 960 - kuromaru (black circle)
  • Hop - 189 - biyaku (quickly)
Not sure about some of these, but here you go.

Also a theory i've heard about the inspiration of Hattarene: it is both Rapunzel and the Tower. (The pokemon's shape, and the fact that it has a ground reaching hairdo [Almost]) Yes, the waifumon is literally a waifu. The Waifumon might be getting stronger, so we should probably worr - ALL. SUBMIT. TO. THE. PSYCHIC. TYPE. WAIFUS.
I can see Hattarene as a fairytale princess or "good fairy" with Grimmsnarl being a villanous counterpart. Being both 3-stage lines, next to each other in the Pokedex, and having their middle forms both ending in -"rem" (Mogrem/Hattrem) makes me think there might be a relationship there.

I can see Hattarene as a fairytale princess or "good fairy" with Grimmsnarl being a villanous counterpart. Being both 3-stage lines, next to each other in the Pokedex, and having their middle forms both ending in -"rem" (Mogrem/Hattrem) makes me think there might be a relationship there.
Perhaps there will be in the anime or the Pokédex entries. Like the Seviper and Zangoose feud.

I hope we get a datamine by the end of the week or early next week to add a bit more hype before the game comes. On the topic of mythicals, since we know Mew is in the game we know there’s potential for others, and I’m wondering if maybe some would be past legendaries. Since we have Mew I could see Mewtwo being included as a fan favorite, and I could also see Arceus since for whatever reason Silvally also is in the dex.

Also really hoping that Play Rough is a TM like in Let’s Go as I really want a Belly Drum Clefable even if it’s just a gimmick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)