SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I think Galarian Rapidash is a good Example. The devs got many things right about the design, mainly the main body and the colour scheme. However, they ruined it for me with the details of the head. Its nose and jaw aren´t sharp like the original Rapidash, but more rounded and almost swollen-looking instead, and the shape of its eyelid gives it an annoyed or condescending expression. It just doesn´t look majestic at all. When your unicorn pokemon looks more like a My Little Pony OC reject than a majestic, dreamy horse, you've done something wrong. If they just put original-Rapidash' head on the new galarian form, it would look much better already. I'm also a bit sad that it doesn't have the more poofy hair like ponyta.
Tbh, the unicorns of the legends are quite the jerks, as they stab anyone who is not pure of heart. So, having a Rapidash with a more condescending expression makes some sense, especially if they feel entitled to judge a human with a single scan of their horn. And, to be honest, rather than MLP, that kind of attitude reminds me another unicorn from another series: Celestabellebethabelle from Gravity Falls.

On the matter of the fossils, their designs being so messed up was 100% intentional. I've seen plenty of people saying that they look horrible, but... yeah, that means that the design worked. Their basic concept is constructed around the idea that these creatures are complete abominations, they look messed up because they ARE messed up.

And I really like that, not only because I like the way they look, but because I think they're genuinely very unique Pokémon. We have well over 800 Pokémon at this point, yet these creatures look like nothing else. We've had a ton of cool dinosaurs and weird fishes, but it's really interesting to see a bunch of Pokémon take a completely different approach on these ideas and break the mold completely.

Also, Dracozolt is a pure boy, and I'll protect him at all costs

So the apples do share a Gigantamax. That's actually interesting as hell, since this most likely means G-maxing changes base stats. Unless it's a M-Lati@s thing where they look the same and have completely different stats? I never understood those either.

As for G-Gengar, let's please just pretend it doesn't exist. It's the best for everyone involved, including Gengar itself.

So the apples do share a Gigantamax. That's actually interesting as hell, since this most likely means G-maxing changes base stats. Unless it's a M-Lati@s thing where they look the same and have completely different stats? I never understood those either.

As for G-Gengar, let's please just pretend it doesn't exist. It's the best for everyone involved, including Gengar itself.
1573256005942.jpg

It’s interesting that there’s a g-max flapple, but no g-max appletun (as far as we know at the moment). If I’m honest, g-max flapple looks more like a g-max version of its pre-evo applin or even appletun. What an interesting design choice.
Also g-max gengar is terrifying! I’m glad they’re sticking with the design motif of gengar melting into the floor

So far my two favourite new mons have been Cursola and Galarian Rapidash - Since Cursola has been established as a lost cause, is there any viability for a Psychic/Fairy that gets rid of Poison?

I'm reaching this weird point where I'm starting to dis-identify what I'm seeing with "pokemon". Its a very weird experience, like the games of yesteryear actually died long ago... and have been replaced by an imitation, retaining many surface and mechanical characteristics, but lacking the spirit and essence that I first fell in love with.
I believe we call this burnout. Idk your circumstances, but maybe a break could do you some good.

So far my two favourite new mons have been Cursola and Galarian Rapidash - Since Cursola has been established as a lost cause, is there any viability for a Psychic/Fairy that gets rid of Poison?
It's possible, it's really going to depend on where it's speed stat ends up falling if you ask me. That and whether it will be able to SD and get a decent coverage are going to matter if you ask me. For example, Ad Superpower/Close Combat, Zen Headbutt/psycho cut, play rough. This would be plenty to be useful as long as it's in a decent speed tier.

Now what i realy want to see are Flapple's statistics, but the concept of two pokemon having th same gigantamax form was realy unnexpected

Is there any confirmation that the split evolution line is version exclusive?
Where was it confirmed that flapple and appletun share a g-max form?

So, outside of a proper datamine, what are we still missing?

Unless someone gets an early copy of Sword, we won’t know they typings/stats/moves of its exclusive Pokémon.

But we’ve got a good idea about most of the Dex at this point, as well as decent hypothetical stats. We’ve seen most (all?) Gigantamax forms, either in game or through the guide leak. We also know the gym types as well as the big story points.

I guess we can ask the leaker for some of the NFE Pokémon stats, and a few more TM/TRs but unless I’m missing something, it seems like we’ve exhausted most of the info you can pull from just a play through.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So, outside of a proper datamine, what are we still missing?

Unless someone gets an early copy of Sword, we won’t know they typings/stats/moves of its exclusive Pokémon.

But we’ve got a good idea about most of the Dex at this point, as well as decent hypothetical stats. We’ve seen most (all?) Gigantamax forms, either in game or through the guide leak. We also know the gym types as well as the big story points.

I guess we can ask the leaker for some of the NFE Pokémon stats, and a few more TM/TRs but unless I’m missing something, it seems like we’ve exhausted most of the info you can pull from just a play through.
I wouldn't be so quick to say we've seen most/all of the Gigantamax forms. Remember, XY had 30 megas (28 playable since 2 were mega latis), and SWSH has certainly introduced more new mons so far than XY. We still have possibly 10 to go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)