SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

But Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem?

You can make a case about the musketeers, but the dragons?
Traditional dragons feature heavily in UK folk tales, and those three are the closest ubers to that. Plus it makes sense that the legendaries from the American region would be in the UK region.

Glad the four musketeers are back too. I said a few weeks ago that I'd like to see them gain a new lease of life, and here we are.

This new ubers meta looks like a lot of fun.

Marshadow is in. Max Moves are principally busted because they provide stat boosts. Which Marshadow can steal. This is gonna be fun.

Now I'm curious what Marshadow will even run in its fourth moveslot? Spectral/CC/Sneak is obvious, but HP Ice is out, and it doesn't really need any coverage moves. I feel like Rock Tomb might be popular for speed drops on the switchin, particularly to slow the two new legendaries to the point that their boosts can be stolen with Spectral Thief. Could also run Bulk Up, or maybe a new TM/TR move.

Hidden power was one of the last things that made breeding necessary and annoying, not too sad yo see it gone, hopefully with the new tms being lower powered moves most mons who relied on it will get new options.

Ghosts and psychics will appreciate the removal of pursuit. Now knockoff just needs a nerf again :P

At very least the let's go signature moves didn't make it to swsh.

...I hope they didn't nerf spectral thief...
I don't think knock off needs a nerf.

Marshadow is in. Max Moves are principally busted because they provide stat boosts. Which Marshadow can steal. This is gonna be fun.

Now I'm curious what Marshadow will even run in its fourth moveslot? Spectral/CC/Sneak is obvious, but HP Ice is out, and it doesn't really need any coverage moves. I feel like Rock Tomb might be popular for speed drops on the switchin, particularly to slow the two new legendaries to the point that their boosts can be stolen with Spectral Thief. Could also run Bulk Up, or maybe a new TM/TR move.
It will also steal the boosts from the dogs.

Game Freak: We want to balance the games competitively.

Also Game Freak: Let us drop a Shell Smash + Stored Power broken teapot and remove pursuit. Oh and while we're on it, let's remove Hidden Power and drop FerroPex in the game.

:psyangry::blobtriumph:
tbh they really only care about VGC and I feel like one of the only notable moves in VGC that they removed is sky drop, I feel like that isn’t all that important, when it comes to hidden power it was mostly just used with hp ice and we don’t need that considering lando t, salamence and garchomp are gone. On another note, a lot of people are saying incineroar is going to be bad for VGC but I really don’t think it is at least for the first year of gen8 vgc: usually the first year of vgc in a gen is a regional dex format and incineroar and all the other starters are NOT in the regional dex which means the only starters we’ll see in vgc are charizard and the gen8 ones.

Nintendo Soup has released a news story on data mines of SW&SH. This includes extra pokemon that will be included in the pokedex, the previous amount of Pokémon on the Galar dex was 400, it has now jumped to 435.

These are more Gigantamax pokemon revealed from the datamines.
Additional Gigantamax Forms

Gigantamax Snorlax

Gigantamax Melmetal

Gigantamax Orbeetle

Gigantamax Sandaconda

Gigantamax Toxtricity

“Furthermore, while Gamefreak scrubbed the games clean of any other Pokemon not on the list, it appears they forgot to adjust the “Max Species ID” code, which reads that there are still two more Pokemon unaccounted for. These two missing Pokemon are speculated to be Gen 8’s Mythicals.” “As of this writing, it is not clear how these additional Pokemon will be obtained in-game, through DLC or otherwise. We will be sure to report back with more information as it comes.” - Nintendo Soup

Here is the link for an image of the included Pokémon of the dex.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok, so that part about the last dex update being the final one was a lie I guess. Hopefully this will be the real final count.

No overall Galar dex %s this time because it's not worth the effort imo, the trends won't change. Also, alt forms for certain legendaries won't be counted separately: The forms of Kyurem will be counted as just one mon, same for Necrozma. Meltan and Melmetal are counted as Gen 7 mons.

Kanto - 61 (55 original, 6 regional variants) (+7)
Johto - 35 (27 original, 5 cross-gen evolutions, 2 cross-gen pre-evolutions, 1 regional variant) (+1)
Hoenn - 42 (39 original, 2 regional variants, 1 cross-gen pre-evolution)
Sinnoh - 38 (23 original, 10 cross-gen evolutions, 5 cross-gen pre-evolutions)
Unova - 92 (88 original, 4 regional variants) (+7)
Kalos - 32 (31 original, 1 cross-gen evolution)
Alola - 52 (all original) (+16)
Galar - 81 (76 original, 5 cross-gen evolutions)
Total - 433
This number doesn't correspond to the currently known 435, but hey mistakes were made clearly.

Kanto - 40% of Kanto mons
Johto - 35% of Johto mons
Hoenn - 31% of Hoenn mons
Sinnoh - 35% of Sinnoh mons
Unova - 59% of Unova mons
Kalos - 45% of Kalos mons
Alola - 59% of Alola mons

Well god damn, Alola sure caught up, huh? Tied with Unova for highest dex representation! Kanto's gotten better, but still not great.

Ok, so that part about the last dex update being the final one was a lie I guess. Hopefully this will be the real final count.

No overall Galar dex %s this time because it's not worth the effort imo, the trends won't change. Also, alt forms for certain legendaries won't be counted separately: The forms of Kyurem will be counted as just one mon, same for Necrozma. Meltan and Melmetal are counted as Gen 7 mons.

Kanto - 61 (55 original, 6 regional variants) (+7)
Johto - 35 (27 original, 5 cross-gen evolutions, 2 cross-gen pre-evolutions, 1 regional variant) (+1)
Hoenn - 42 (39 original, 2 regional variants, 1 cross-gen pre-evolution)
Sinnoh - 38 (23 original, 10 cross-gen evolutions, 5 cross-gen pre-evolutions)
Unova - 92 (88 original, 4 regional variants) (+7)
Kalos - 32 (31 original, 1 cross-gen evolution)
Alola - 52 (all original) (+16)
Galar - 81 (76 original, 5 cross-gen evolutions)
Total - 433
This number doesn't correspond to the currently known 435, but hey mistakes were made clearly.

Kanto - 40% of Kanto mons
Johto - 35% of Johto mons
Hoenn - 31% of Hoenn mons
Sinnoh - 35% of Sinnoh mons
Unova - 59% of Unova mons
Kalos - 45% of Kalos mons
Alola - 59% of Alola mons

Well god damn, Alola sure caught up, huh? Tied with Unova for highest dex representation! Kanto's gotten better, but still not great.
The missing two are supposedly “mythical” yet to be revealed.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Also Game Freak: Let us drop a Shell Smash + Stored Power broken teapot and remove pursuit. Oh and while we're on it, let's remove Hidden Power and drop FerroPex in the game.

in what world is Pursuit the move to beat a Shell Smash pokemon? They aren’t switching out by that point, use Sucker Punch or Crunch

TTar was always in that spot of wanting to run Pursuit but also totally having a wide enough movepool that it could actually justify running other coverage options for the non-Pursuit slots.
Yeah, I know - I just wanted to point out the other options for TTar. It's not going to be unviable without Pursuit

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I mean, they also removed Hidden Power, so its coverage is Shadow Ball, Stored Power... And that's it. It can't even touch Dark-types, so it's still pretty fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)