SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

So we gotta look at the idiotic faces of both Galarian Rapidash AND Keldeo? They're really trying to push My Little Pony here. Ugh, I was really looking forward to not having to see that joke of a legendary design in OU. At least they left in Mudsdale to maintain some level of dignity for horsekind.

Also, someone else said it earlier too, but it really looks like they're going to go straight to remake the Gen 5 games with so many of the Shinouh mons in here.

So we gotta look at the idiotic faces of both Galarian Rapidash AND Keldeo? They're really trying to push My Little Pony here. Ugh, I was really looking forward to not having to see that joke of a legendary design in OU. At least they left in Mudsdale to maintain some level of dignity for horsekind.

Also, someone else said it earlier too, but it really looks like they're going to go straight to remake the Gen 5 games with so many of the Shinouh mons in here.
Au contraire, we know that the games will rotate Mons so it makes perfect sense for SwSh to fill in on Mons that DP remakes dont/wont get to cover as many Pokemon as they can within the entire generation

Gorilla Tactics on Darmanitan is gonna be fun. Double up Choice Band or effectively get both Choice Band and Choice Scarf.

So i know theres a lot of exciting stuff going on, but i just wanna point out that Dreadnaw gets Swift Swim, so it can work as either a self supporting dynamax or a dedicated gigantimax on a team with pelliper.

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yo Galarian Darmanitans ability is basically Choice Band, I can see people just slap a scarf or a CB for +2 attack pretty much, or scarf for basically a dragon dance

Gen V introduced type gems (Normal Gem, Flying Gem, etc.)
Gen VI snapped them
Gen VII introduced Z-moves, which is basically type gems with anime charge up movements

Gen VI was the last gen for triple battles, also we had horde battles
Gen VII snapped them
Gen VIII introduced Max Raid battles that are sorta like hordes/triples but it's 3v1 and the player is on the 3 side. So make the one CPU mon 1000ft tall

Gen VII since Gen II had Hidden Power
Gen VIII snapped it
Gen IX will introduce...

I won't speculate about Gen IX, but this looks like a pattern to me. Not that GF always follows patterns, but we'll see.

It depends. As far as I understand, Pursuit has never been a thing in VGC, so for them, it's a useless move like most others that have been removed.
VGC is run by the Pokemon company while Gamefreak makes the games. Both entities are pretty much independent. There's no reason to believe that Gamefreak gives a shit about VGC any more than it cares about the trading card game.

Evidence for this is how barren the games are for any single player doubles content outside of gimmicks like raids or SOS battles. Just because doubles battle spot has similar (but not identical) rules to VGC doesn't mean the game is specifically being balanced with it in mind.

With the datamine coming in, I have but one burning question that the datamine probably can't answer: How available are G-Max forms? We know that they're only obtainable through Max Raids and they cannot be inherited. But the official website claims that they're very rare. My biggest concern is that they're completely unfeasible for in-game teams, either because of being a 1% encounter in Max Raids, or being only available from lv 50 up or similar.

Hidden Power purged? *Happy Ferrothorn noises* This means that most grass types will not be able to touch it, outside of the rare Sun Weather Ball and Goregeist which gets Flamethrower.

New terrain setters are nice. This ensures Hawlucha will remain top tier in OU.

Is Darmnitan-Z officially Fire/Ice or are we speculating off the sprite’s appearance?

Hidden Power purged? *Happy Ferrothorn noises* This means that most grass types will not be able to touch it, outside of the rare Sun Weather Ball and Goregeist which gets Flamethrower.

New terrain setters are nice. This ensures Hawlucha will remain top tier in OU.

Is Darmnitan-Z officially Fire/Ice or are we speculating off the sprite’s appearance?
officially fire/ice, stats are 105/160/55/30/55/135

So sorry to interrupt the comp talk, but has there been a possible shiny hunting method revealed yet and can someone point me to a post that explains it? Thanks

unless i am missing something, inteleon is kinda disappointing me. it doesn't seem to get NP, but it gets swords dance and a bunch of physical moves despite its 125 sp atk. it gets a crappy HA- much crappier than the other two. what is it doing besides hydro pump/ice beam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)