SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I've been going through the Pokedex entries, and while I'm only about 100 through, it seems that there aren't any new ones even for the returning Pokémon (excluding Pokémon that recieved Galar forms)? That's pretty dissapointing if so; even in previous gens, new dex entries for the regional dex was the norm. Again, I've only looked at the first portion, but all of the Kanto entries seem to be pulled from FRLG, HGSS, BWBW2, and XY word-for-word barring Meowth and Farfetch'd.

EDIT: It appears the cutoff is Gen 3/4. Pokémon from Diamond/Pearl onwards as well as Meowth/Persian, Farfetch'd, Ponyta/Rapidash, and Weezing get new dex entries. Everyone else gets text ported over from a previous game.

Last edited:
I've been going through the Pokedex entries, and while I'm only about 100 through, it seems that there aren't any new ones even for the returning Pokémon (excluding Pokémon that recieved Galar forms)? That's pretty dissapointing if so; even in previous gens, new dex entries for the regional dex was the norm. Again, I've only looked at the first portion, but all of the Kanto entries seem to be pulled from FRLG, HGSS, BWBW2, and XY word-for-word barring Meowth and Farfetch'd.

EDIT: It appears the cutoff is Gen 3/4. Pokémon from Diamond/Pearl onwards as well as Meowth/Persian, Farfetch'd, Ponyta/Rapidash, and Weezing get new dex entries. Everyone else gets text ported over from a previous game.
Sorry; they couldn't be bothered to update the dex entries and lore because the new animations and competitive balance updates took up all the budget.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

If you peek at bulbapedia they really don't update entries past the first few gens too often from what I can remember. It's a shame, really

If you peek at bulbapedia they really don't update entries past the first few gens too often from what I can remember. It's a shame, really
For the regional dexes though, they're pretty good about it usually--remakes use the original dex entries, but only XY ported entries over for its regional dex. SM and USUM both had new entries (for SM and for USUM). Most of the repeats are from Pokémon that can only be obtained through transfer.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Remember SWSH speculatory?

Well, I am pleased to announce http://nexus.psim.us has the entire new Pokemon roster for Galar implemented, along with updated movepools for just about every old returning pick. Now, there are still some hiccups such as missing moves (eg Strength Sap Jellicent isn't implemented, Vileplume can't learn it as an egg move), and Eiscue is kinda totally broken. But other than that, this is your (mostly) complete preview at the next generation of OU. Just pick the "Sword & Shield Complete" format and use import/export for new mons, moves and abilities. Let us give praise to based Ezaphs for this sacred gift, he is a very good boi who deserves a lot of love

Well, I am pleased to announce http://nexus.psim.us has the entire new Pokemon roster for Galar implemented, along with updated movepools for just about every old returning pick. Now, there are still some hiccups such as missing moves (eg Strength Sap Jellicent isn't implemented, Vileplume can't learn it as an egg move), and Eiscue is kinda totally broken. But other than that, this is your (mostly) complete preview at the next generation of OU. Just pick the "Sword & Shield Complete" format and use import/export for new mons, moves and abilities. Let us give praise to based Ezaphs for this sacred gift, he is a very good boi who deserves a lot of love
Is there a thread where people are posting their sword and shield teams?

I have this open now and can't seem to actually... add any new Pokemon. I see the SwSh tiers but I don't understand how I am to select the new mons when they don't come up in search.

I have this open now and can't seem to actually... add any new Pokemon. I see the SwSh tiers but I don't understand how I am to select the new mons when they don't come up in search.
You have to use the import function to add them for now.

Example from a team I'm building:

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Simply copy and paste this into the import box, and then change out the name, item, moves etc. for whatever you want. Just keep the formatting intact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)