SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion MK2 **Official Media Only**

I haven't seen an in-game experience thread, but I played for about an hour (up until the Trainer School) and want to share my initial thoughts. The game is still not out in some countries yet, so I'll keep it in a spoiler tag for now:

They cut some scenes out, which is great, but still a lot of hand-holding in the beginning (though I wouldn't mind as much if it were Acerola holding my hand, but I digress).
They weren't lying when they said Ultra Recon Squad appear early, hoping to see them a lot more often.
I like how they aren't making players go back and forth too much early game.
Might just be me, but it feels like they reduced the encounter rate. It was a pain for me to go through the initial part last year because of how often I got encounters.
I never knew Zorua was so difficult to catch.

So yeah, not a lot of initial thoughts, mainly because it took an hour just to the Trainer School, but I thought I'd post them to see if anyone wants to chime in.

Every Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution is available in the game in some form with only two exceptions. Diancie, as one would naturally expect; and... Camerupt.
It's not available in SM either. That's just mean.

I am quite confident there has to be a way to obtain it.

Obviously it's still tecnically legal to just get it and breed it since the megastone is also normally available but still....
It's very weird.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Every Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution is available in the game in some form with only two exceptions. Diancie, as one would naturally expect; and... Camerupt.
It's not available in SM either. That's just mean.
How did they forget Camerupt, it's Maxie's signature Pokemon?! Also you have a volcano location, how is not one of the first Pokemon you place in a volcanic area a Numel?

Speaking for Megaevolving Pokemon... is the Keystone and Megastones now available midstory? I just want to know that and if it's seen as spoiler, it's to be hidden. I honestly want a Loppunite before facing Lusamine.

I am quite confident there has to be a way to obtain it.

Obviously it's still tecnically legal to just get it and breed it since the megastone is also normally available but still....
It's very weird.
it's in none of the encounter tables in either version
it's not in the island scan
it's not in the wormholes
it's not a gift like the surfing pikachu
it's not a misc encounter like some assorted post game things are

if it's somehow obtainable in the game I would be very curious where & how you get it that it wouldn't show up in the datamine

Pokémon Bank is now compatible for USUM. Pokémon Transporter is also available for Gold and Silver Virtual Console games.

Source: Serebii
That was quick.

And it's a good thing for me as my copy hasn't arrived yet. I'm indeed going to use a Jangmo-o breedject as initially planned!

oh wow that was much quicker than i thought it'd be. I was thinking not until late November at the earliest
The original announcement had been for late November, and the Japanese site hasn't even been updated to say it's ready (still says late November). There was a maintenance earlier today, though, so that was that.

Well Bank is definitely updated for USUM (hellooooo 346 BP) but Transporter isn't recognizing GS for me even after updating

Yo guys! This is really small and likely the least interesting trivia ever, but the Pokemon Global Link API's request headers have been updated and it's changed to:

Referer: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/usum/
for Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun

and

Referer: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/sm/
for Sun and Moon.

Why this is important? Well, because this is how the devs are referring to those games so people who are still calling SM SuMo just got wronger than they already were.
That is all.

There's an old fart in Alola Route 3 watching a waterfall that tells me to come back during the day. Does he do anything?

Also also, are the messages in bottles relevant?

Yo guys! This is really small and likely the least interesting trivia ever, but the Pokemon Global Link API's request headers have been updated and it's changed to:

Referer: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/usum/
for Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun

and

Referer: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/sm/
for Sun and Moon.

Why this is important? Well, because this is how the devs are referring to those games so people who are still calling SM SuMo just got wronger than they already were.
That is all.
people refer to SM as SUMO to be cute
because it's fun to say and looks like another word
its not like people saw their previous single letter group initials and suddenly went "well, obviously, the Su Mo are needed"

A girl in Konikoni by the lighthouse asks for a maned pokemon. Who that?

Also, a guy in the jewelry shop asks to see a Diancie, is he serious?

Also, also, where are all the old farts for the old fart reunion at the hotel?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A girl in Konikoni by the lighthouse asks for a maned pokemon. Who that?

Also, also, where are all the old farts for the old fart reunion at the hotel?
The girl is asking for alolan dugtrio.

The old farts are littered about the left half of HeaHea City I was able to do get all of them before progressing the story to unlock the rest of the city on my first visit to akala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)