SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with Fire/Ghost since like Buzzwole/Pheromosa, Kartana & Celesteela the typing

Pure poison is kind of lame, but if it evolves maybe it will pick up a second typing and join Nihilego in the unique poison club.

Assembly is just...a disappointment on every level. Like at least be part ghost.
I really don't understand the rationale of giving it Rock/Steel. Rock I am OK about it, but I don't understand why the heck steel when we all know the combination sucks on the whole especially defensively?
Adhesive seems to be evolve-capable given its really simplistic design.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately they chose to use Mind Blown versus Metagross so we don't know for sure whether Mind Blown is a Fire or Ghost move yet (that might've been intentional though, but it's probably Ghost). I think the move might always half Burst's HP in recoil - I don't think it works like Flare Blitz because its HP seemed to go exactly to half and that would be quite a coincidence, though it's still definitely possible. Burst is clearly more of a fast, strong Pokemon (rather than a bulky one, which would be Assembly), and both Fire and Ghost are great neutral coverage, so I'm already predicting that Z-Mind Blown will be a great set to break serious holes in opposing teams.

Something I just thought of:

Since we are actually visiting the Ultra Worlds, that might mean that UBs are not limited in USUM. Maybe even breedable?

- Re: Burst stats - I expect it to have a Pheromosa-like stat spread: it looks very thin and squishy so it'd be pretty weird if it had high HP or defenses.

I really don't understand the rationale of giving it Rock/Steel. Rock I am OK about it, but I don't understand why the heck steel when we all know the combination sucks on the whole especially defensively?
It's a literal wall, that's why it's Rock/Steel, just like Bastiodon is (Aggron, on the other hand, is just a Rock-type Pokemon with Steel armor). Whether it's actually good for a wall or not is another story (and this is without knowing if it will actually be a wall stat-wise), but flavor comes first.

Unfortunately they chose to use Mind Blown versus Metagross so we don't know for sure whether Mind Blown is a Fire or Ghost move yet (that might've been intentional though, but it's probably Ghost). I think the move might always half Burst's HP in recoil - I don't think it works like Flare Blitz because its HP seemed to go exactly to half and that would be quite a coincidence, though it's still definitely possible. Burst is clearly more of a fast, strong Pokemon (rather than a bulky one, which would be Assembly), and both Fire and Ghost are great neutral coverage, so I'm already predicting that Z-Mind Blown will be a great set to break serious holes in opposing teams.
With this Fire-type special move, the user sacrifices half of its maximum HP to deal damage. It seems par for the course for UB Burst, which attacks others by blowing up its own head. And despite its comical appearance, this move packs some serious power.

From the official website.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Adhesive seems to be evolve-capable given its really simplistic design.
Both typings represent slow and hunky mons. Lore-wise, it's a perfect fit.
Edit: Greninja'd.
Something I just thought of:

Since we are actually visiting the Ultra Worlds, that might mean that UBs are not limited in USUM. Maybe even breedable?

- Re: Burst stats - I expect it to have a Pheromosa-like stat spread: it looks very thin and squishy so it'd be pretty weird if it had high HP or defenses.
Breed I doubt, but they should be available in the wild.
Remember when we predicted this ultra world with the kartana situation? Pikachu315111 was wrong again. Good streak bro :P.
Burst is likely gonna be fast and frail. We've yet to see its movepool yet though, but for now I'm guessing it'll be better than chandelure. If it's not, well ru always bans anything offensive so it'll be bl2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
"In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, you can explore the various worlds that lie through these Ultra Wormholes. Within an Ultra Wormhole, there are countless warp holes that lead to different worlds. Try exploring different worlds by passing through these warp holes! You can even go to the home worlds of the mysterious Ultra Beasts!"

The wording on the pokemon site makes me think we will indeed visit the place anytime we want after some point in the story.

The mechanic looks blatantly matching Eon Flute, just with a Kingdom-Hearts-Gummiship-Like minigame to get there.

It's a literal wall, that's why it's Rock/Steel, just like Bastiodon is (Aggron, on the other hand, is just a Rock-type Pokemon with Steel armor). Whether it's actually good for a wall or not is another story (and this is without knowing if it will actually be a wall stat-wise), but flavor comes first.
It's a literal BRICK wall though, why would brick walls be both rock and steel?

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
UB Sticky has an aesthetic more akin to mythical pokemon as opposed to ultra beasts which is actually pretty neat. I'm not going to bash these things before they come out. I will reserve judgement on if these things will be trash or not. On another note...these teasers have me really curious about what gamefreak has kept tucked in the back pocket. Something tells me there is a lot more than just different locations and a couple of new pokemon to USUM.

By the way, the website states that UB Burst is exclusive to Ultra Sun and UB Assembly is exclusive to Ultra Moon.

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, players will be able to meet new Ultra Beasts in addition to UB Adhesive.

Which Ultra Beast they may encounter will differ between Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. In Pokémon Ultra Sun, it will be UB Burst, an Ultra Beast with the peculiar habit of making its own head explode. In Pokémon Ultra Moon, players will be able to meet UB Assembly, an Ultra Beast that has the appearance of a stone wall.
I'm not particularly keen to either so I'm sticking with Ultra Moon.

UB Adhesive is ... too much like a Pokemon and not enough like a UB. I was convinced a month ago that UB are supposed to be weird looking and clunky and not like regular Pokemon so this new UB doesn't fit to be a UB AT ALL. It looks like a weird cousin of Meowstic

By the way, the website states that UB Burst is exclusive to Ultra Sun and UB Assembly is exclusive to Ultra Moon.

I'm not particularly keen to either so I'm sticking with Ultra Moon.
No Patrick, mayonnaise is not a instrument either.

UB Adhesive is ... too much like a Pokemon and not enough like a UB. I was convinced a month ago that UB are supposed to be weird looking and clunky and not like regular Pokemon so this new UB doesn't fit to be a UB AT ALL. It looks like a weird cousin of Meowstic
Well, if you notice, some of the "ultraworlds" we get to visit aren't as eerie / weird as others.
It is acceptable that it looks *almost like a normal pokemon* if it's from one of the more standard looking worlds.

adhesive is creepy as fuck for me

IDK why but it is definitely a UB

It's stated on the site that the Recon Squad members are version exclusive, with Sun you get Zossie and Dulse and moon you get soliera and mr.stache

it's also said that the Squad brought UB Adhesive with them from another world

maybe just UBS are Pokémon from other worlds? like a Pikachu could be a UB in Nihilegoland.

new trial with Mina

Last edited:
I think all these UBs are being designed for countering the Tapus; guess GF realized would be too op. Disappointed by Burst and Assembly types, but Adehesion looks pretty cute. Riding on Solgaleo and Lunala is the new soar.

So that was Kartana in that old trailer after all. Glad that has been cleared up. Adhesive looks adorable and a mono Poison-typing seems pretty good in a world ruled by Tapu. Although it does appear to be a Special Attacker, so it may have trouble with fini.

And can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that there is now an attack called Mind Blown?

So story speculation time.

From the trailer, it looks pretty evident that the purpose of the Ultra patrol or whatever the name is is checking if the Player is capable of protecting Cosmog, probably because in their world (where Necrozma stole the light) Necrozma done things to the resident Solgaleo/Lunala and they want to avoid it to happen to our world.

However, the poster actually hints that those people are likely the "bad" guys, or at least some of them are.

My speculation is that someone in that Ultrapatrol will betray them, and release Necrozma onto the Solgaleo/Lunala of our world, and we go save it, and then travel to Necrozma's home place (?) to capture it and stop the crap.

....does this sound realistic? I think it does.

So story speculation time.

From the trailer, it looks pretty evident that the purpose of the Ultra patrol or whatever the name is is checking if the Player is capable of protecting Cosmog, probably because in their world (where Necrozma stole the light) Necrozma done things to the resident Solgaleo/Lunala and they want to avoid it to happen to our world.

However, the poster actually hints that those people are likely the "bad" guys, or at least some of them are.

My speculation is that someone in that Ultrapatrol will betray them, and release Necrozma onto the Solgaleo/Lunala of our world, and we go save it, and then travel to Necrozma's home place (?) to capture it and stop the crap.

....does this sound realistic? I think it does.
If they're really trying to "test" us (which is not a vibe i get at all honestly, i think they're trying to steal it) then its probably to get us to evolve into solgaleo/lunala, then they can use necrozma to steal that light, then steal that light back from necrozma

Well, I never said that they have good intentions, I merely say what the proposed intention is.

If they are the bad guys as the poster suggests, it's clear that they have a hidden aim in wanting us to be "good enough" for Cosmog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)