SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not exactly Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon news but something I think is worth noting. From the Event thread:

Code for Altarianite, Latiosite, Latiasite, Ampharosite available with code DRACHE

Source

All mega stones are redeemable until October 31st, at 11:59pm UTC.

Just for convenience, I'll compile the codes and their mega stones below:
INTIMIDATE: Mawilite, Beedrillite, Audinite, Medichamite
M2DESCENT: Mewtwonite X, Mewtwonite Y
AZUL: Pidgeotite, Steelixite, Heracrossite, Houndoomite
MATSUBASA: Sceptilite, Blazikenite, Swampertite, Banettite, Cameruptite
SABLEVOLANT: Tyranitarite, Abomasite, Manectite, Aggronite
POYONG: Galladite, Gardevoirite, Lopunnite, Diancite
DRACHE: Altarianite, Latiosite, Latiasite, Ampharosite
Interesting expiration day... could be a clue on that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon may have all the Mega Stones from the get go, but that's as far as we can go right now.

Looks like we have some potential news.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/907242366452600833

Nintendo Direct on Wednesday Night, Thursday Morning at Midnight CEST (11PM BST). It's nearly 45 minutes long so we might see some Pokemon information! Cheers to Delio on Discord for the info.
I will be on my way home from work by the time it will be running. I'm always so unlucky with these announcements :(

But it is most probably Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon information. I mean, what else can they talk about the 3DS? The Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga remake, perhaps?

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only other expected stuff I can see on the 3DS are some late locaizations such as that Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey remake, Yokai Watch 3, or Persona Q2.

Otherwise, unless we get some weird out of the left field stuff, Pokemon is almost certainly going to be there. Hopefully we actually get some exciting info this time!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Holy shit 45 minutes. That's long.

I heard rumors of an achievement system being added to the Switch, so that might be there.

I'm not sure if Pokémon news will be announced; don't they do that separately?

I heard rumors of an achievement system being added to the Switch, so that might be there.

Well there was this
Joe Merrick said:
Before people say "We don't get Pokémon in Nintendo Directs", in September's Direct last year we got Alolan Rattata & Snorlium Z.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
But it is most probably Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon information. I mean, what else can they talk about the 3DS? The Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga remake, perhaps?
If they're doing a Direct I would like to think they probably have a whole batch of titles they've been working on in the background are probably ready to make their trailer debut. Also many are probably eagerly awaiting Metroid Prime 4 news. And let's not forget they do also spend Direct time on announcing upcoming DLC, particularly for Splatoon 2 and ARMS.

That all said, they can certainly burn much of that time on USUM news. That being said...

... it could also be both Nintendo and GF only have 20 minutes worth of news each. Sure, that's enough for each to do their own mini-Directs... OR they can combine them to make one big Direct. For Nintendo this looks good as it gives the illusion they may have a lot on their plate coming up (admittedly if this is true people will see that's not the case, they at the very least they've caused buzz about this Direct meaning a lot more people will see it and so whatever news they have will get seen by a much more larger audience) while for GF they still get the Pokemon news out there since they know most Pokemon fans are probably going to watch the direct for USUM news. In addition once the Direct is done they'll most likely post the Pokemon section on their Youtube channel, probably already uploaded privately.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If Ultra Sun and Moon stuff is in the cards, they could just give us a new trailer and tell us about a couple new features. It doesn't have to be a HUGE presentation sort of deal, they might reserve that for Super Mario Odyssey since that's Nintendo's heaviest Switch push for the year.

The Direct also falls perfectly with the Coro Coro release which mentions the shiny Sylvally, so it feels pretty legitimate to expect news.

I mean, we're 2 months to release, it is marketship wise a perfect moment to start building more Hype. Which they do need, seeing there's a lot of people with... overally legitimate doubts on whenever USUM is worth buying outside of the necessity to partecipate to VGC.

the Coro Coro release which mentions the shiny Sylvally
Wait, where did you find that it was from CoroCoro? I thought that wasn't leaking yet.

Joe Merrick said:
Before people say "We don't get Pokémon in Nintendo Directs", in September's Direct last year we got Alolan Rattata & Snorlium Z.
There's also the November 2015 Nintendo Direct, which revealed the VC releases of RBY, if you count that.

Wait, where did you find that it was from CoroCoro? I thought that wasn't leaking yet.
I read it both mentioned on Discord and one of the bigger italian fansite that reports usually reliable news also had pictures of it.
http://www.pokemonmillennium.net/gi.../?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Actually it was my bad, it's not actual leaks, it's different source, an actual distribution for an event, but yeh, you get my point, it'd not be surprising if said shiny Sylvally is mentioned on Coro Coro.

Who is ready for a 30 second trailer revealing a brand new z move and nothing else

maybe if we're lucky corocoro will reveal two!
Your pescismism (don't hold me to the spelling) is admirable and well placed I just hope we get more than that, it also is probably high time to give away the secrets on the box legends, iirc same sort of time with sm?

Necrozma/Solgaleo: Mane of Twilight, retaining Sunsteel Strike
Necrozma/Lunala: Wings of Dawn, retaining Moongeist Beam

It adds that these Necrozma forms can use the moves of Solgaleo and Lunala, but I'm not sure if that mean they take on the entire level-up moveset. All we know is that they can use their signature moves.

There will also be a Nintendo Direct on Thursday at 7am JST. It'll last about 50 minutes.

Last edited:
...Colress are you fucking up with DNA splices again? :|
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

Tbh Lunala looks better than expected, but the stupid triangle head is still annoying. I love the combinaison of its disk-wings and arms.
The Solgaleo fusion kinda makes me like the Sun emissary a bit more.
Is the down-right image a screen of Necrozma at the Altar? It's dark as f.

I just realized the moves refer to the fall of the celestial body associated with the legendary (or the event associated with the rise of the opposite one), like if Necrozma's making things come to an end, or is crashing the Sun into the Moon (vice versa)
Heck

Last edited:
Well, Necrozma being potentially "made of light" according to the Pokedex entry in Sun/Moon does fit the theme there. Maybe the story of USUM goes around Necrozma doing weird things to Lunala and Solgaleo to DESTROY THE UNIVERSE because why not.

I hope we're using the DNA Splicers again. We have so many items that are specific to only one group of pokémon exclusively that it would be really good to see them start to re-use some of the more open ended ones.

So, I guess Twilight Form and Dawn Form? Aside from giving them names and provided better pictures, they're not really telling us anything we haven't already figured out for ourselves. I'm a bit more interested to know if there's anything new about the black z-ring.

I'm more interested to know how these forms are different to Solgaleo and Lunala. Ok, so I have a Necrozma that is presumably the same typing as Lunala and has Lunala's signature move... so why would I use it instead of just using Lunala? Does it have better stats or a different ability or something?

Colress decided to fuse Necrozma with Lunala/Solgaleo so it can destroy the warmth from the Sun and freeze the planet, just wait for it.

Memes aside, it's just one page, and the fact it actually has news about USUM is very promising. Hopefully once it's officially released everywhere, there's more stuff about USUM.

I'm more interested to know how these forms are different to Solgaleo and Lunala. Ok, so I have a Necrozma that is presumably the same typing as Lunala and has Lunala's signature move... so why would I use it instead of just using Lunala? Does it have better stats or a different ability or something?
Implying the Necrozma-S/L follows a similar pattern of Kyurem, we can imagine it inheriting the ability of Lunala and Solgaleo while keeping its pure Psychic type (Multiscale without 4x weaknesses looks good?), getting extra signature move and having way stronger Pyhisical attack for -S and stronger special for -L

So, I guess Twilight Form and Dawn Form? Aside from giving them names and provided better pictures, they're not really telling us anything we haven't already figured out for ourselves. I'm a bit more interested to know if there's anything new about the black z-ring.
Literally only says that you can use more Z Moves with it (such as Clangorous Soulblaze).

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
He means the new Z-ring can use the new Z-moves, not the new Necrozma forms.
I'm dumb lol
Still, I'm guessing these new from have Prism Armor, in addition to a stat boost similar to the Kyurem forms. If Necrozma doesn't get a strong enough move pool boost from tutors, they could be pretty bad in Ubers (won't fall to ou, typing is still good enough) as psychic/steel and psychic/ghost aren't very good in this meta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)