SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The segment with the player flying with Lunala in a Wormhole suddenly reminded me of the Andy Asteroids level in Earthworm Jim lol.

Good to see some reveals but the new fact are rather predictable - not predictable in a bad way, but it's what I was expecting.

That being said, when the (what I still assume are) redesigned Aether grunts start talking, the video suddenly zooms into the dialogue. What are they emphasizing?

The segment with the player flying with Lunala in a Wormhole suddenly reminded me of the Andy Asteroids level in Earthworm Jim lol.

Good to see some reveals but the new fact are rather predictable - not predictable in a bad way, but it's what I was expecting.

That being said, when the (what I still assume are) redesigned Aether grunts start talking, the video suddenly zooms into the dialogue. What are they emphasizing?
I mentioned here that he/she said "The light-controlling Necrozma took Alola's light!", which refers back to the Kukui line from earlier about Alola being in the darkness a long time ago until humans and Pokemon defeated it with light. The trailer also mentioned that there was a "sign" or "omen" of darkness in the past (暗闇の前兆は確かにあった). Sounds like some GoT thing where Necrozma plays the role of the White Walkers and humans and Pokemon have to bring the light again, years (or centuries) after it first happened.

Did you guys catch that? Nanu is up against Guzzlord, which is the same kind of UB that killed the Faller 10 years back in SM. Maybe they'll expand a little bit more on what happened during that mission of his 10 years ago.

Also, as it turns out Necrozma really IS evil and Lunala/Solgaleo battles it and LOSES. Man, just wow, they said I would get goosebumps and boy was it delivered. I'm in awe right now.

It's nice to see that the Ultra Beasts are getting more screentime, not taking Nihilego and the possessed Lusamine form in SM into account.

Well one of the biggest complaints about S/M was the fact that UBs were a extremely minor part of the actual plot, literally just making a cameo in postgame to be caught.

I am hoping that we actually get to witness a real "ultra space" and not a random tunnel in a cave again.

I really wonder how involved the UB sections will be. They SEEM more involved, but the guzzlord & xurkitree scenes could just be that: brief scenes during the climax like Buzzwole & Pheromosa were.

Is it just me, or does it look a lot of that trailer takes place on a dark version of the Champion's room in the Pokemon League? If so, is the League up and running already, possibly, and does this mean we will have a BW style endgame?

Curious about this:

It looks like we get to the base of whatever organisation these guys are from. Could be Aether, could be new. Regardless, they seem to end up helping the main character in the story as he/she wears a similar suit when riding Solgaleo/Lunala. Maybe there isn't a villain organisation in this game?

Curious about this:

It looks like we get to the base of whatever organisation these guys are from. Could be Aether, could be new. Regardless, they seem to end up helping the main character in the story as he/she wears a similar suit when riding Solgaleo/Lunala. Maybe there isn't a villain organisation in this game?
Frankly, it seems the main antagonists are the UB's themselves. Every other team seems to play a role but not in a truly negative limelight. We will see, though.

Curious about this:

Team Aqua/Magma lends their special suit when you have to approach Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza in ORAS and they are still antagonists. It wouldn't be new.

So is this like a BW2 deal then? It seems like this stuff takes place post SM or in another universe entirely.

I hope they do something with Hau. Out of all the rivals in the game, he’s probably the dullest after Brendan/May.

So is this like a BW2 deal then? It seems like this stuff takes place post SM or in another universe entirely.

I hope they do something with Hau. Out of all the rivals in the game, he’s probably the dullest after Brendan/May.
We have some of the same scenes, so, for me, it's a different universe.

Team Aqua/Magma lends their special suit when you have to approach Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza in ORAS and they are still antagonists. It wouldn't be new.
I'm fully aware that Team Aqua/Magma were antagonists that ended up helping the playable character, I was just wondering if they would possibly make a game without a villain organisation, and strictly have Necrozma as the antagonist. Perhaps after the beating he took all those years ago, he finally got strong enough to return darkness to Alola once again.

Heck. I want to buy the games now. The intensity and the fact the Necro seems to actually be the light trapper, and also the new organisation (?), hype me good.

So going over something said somewhere else.

upload_2017-10-5_10-18-24.png

This place is super dark, but has road signs in middle of a desert nowhere. It's definitely not Alola, as no similar place even with light has been shown, and that architecture is definitely not Alolan as well.

This could potentially be a place/world that Necrozma "destroyed", implying we actually do get to use ultrarifts and travel somewhere else, also possibly confirmed by the new trailer where we see the player riding Solgaleo/Lunala in the ultraspace.

I get the feeling that riding the final form of Nebby is going to also be something like Soar or the Mantine Ride and is more likely to involve past legendaries as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)