Pokemon VGC Birmingham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Birmingham 2010 VGC Story

The story begins a week ago when I actually just realise the VGC was so soon. I go crazy and get A LOT of help from my friend

My team was not ready until 2 am, after SRing and EVing Andrei did the last hurdle for me and I got my team completed.

The VGC Day

But wait, before I set off I realise I forgot to get my items put on to Heart Gold, I just traded the items from my Platinum over to my Heart Gold and then I set off.

10:30am and my journey begins in the car, without traffic it should take 1 and a half hours to get there and I have to be there by 1:00pm. But of course, my luck *bleep*ing huge traffic throughout the whole of the motorway and it ends up taking me 3 hours.

I quickly rush out of the car and get there, people were all outside the VGC building and I was wondering why. They wouldn't let 1/4 of us in -_-
Eventually I get in (in a big squeeze) but then the *bleep*ing staff say, "Sorry guys but you have 0 chance of competing this year, we got way too many people than expected". Nearly everyone got turned away but I sneaked inside.

Now was the trouble was getting into the queue of the registration
(only half the people inside got to get in the queue)
But I failed and got spotted by some staff not in pokemon uniform :(

Right now I was realy pissed off so I just decided to to wonder around the VGC. I played a bit of Pokemon Rumble on the wii (demo)
and then played some guy with the VGC rules it was the common Hitmontop-Kyogre lead which won ZeroWing the Seattle VGC.

Now I thought I'd whip out my video camera and start recording some battles for YouTube, but of course...I forgot to charge my camera which made me even more pissed off.

By this time I was so angry I left whilst the tourney was still going on and then half way back it hit me..I forgot to collect the shiny Eevee there...I was literally tearing my hair out there

So that was my freaking fail day. If you wanted to know my team here it was...

Rotom-F @ Chesto Berry/Light Clay

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP 144 SAtk 112 SDef
Calm Nature
- Blizzard
- Discharge
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Groudon @ Lum Berry

Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Dragon Claw

Palkia @ Haban Berry

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash/Choice Scarf

Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 6 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot
- Ice Shard
- Protect

~~~On the Bench~~

I have to use 2 subs so yeah..

This epic Pidgey was my main sweeper.
Pidgey @ ???

Trait: I can't be bothered to look up Pidgey's ability :S
EVs: 1 Atk
Careful Nature
- Peck
- Sand Attack

Sudowoodo @ ???

Trait: Is it rock head?
EVs: 0 FTW
Jolly Nautre
And the move set you catch sudowoodo with

I have a habit of using Blizzard then switching in Abomasnow for 100% accuracy to surprise the opponent

That's really rough, man. I'm not sure why the gap between the US and European entrants allowed is so high. I mean 256 compared to 768? Makes almost no sense.

Your team looks pretty good. It's similar to the one Fish used on me in Seattle. A shame you didn't get to use it. And yeah, that Shiny Eevee is always Hardy natured. You didn't miss out on much.

Though it was holding a focus shash, which I needed after giving one to my brother for the competition. I downloaded it in line for the sash, just in case lol

Last year UK had 128 and only 3 more turned up. This year it was same day as Expo so i think they didn't expect so many people. About 300-400 turned up.

Actually on YouTube Fish helped me out with the Rotom. I was going to use a Zapdos-Groudon lead but I thought Blizzard and fake out would screw me over...then I watched the finals with ZeroWing and Fish so I PM'd him and he helped me out :D

I can definitely say I am going on the train for next years VGC. Damn motor ways are NOT reliable enough :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)