Entertainment Pokemon X and Y Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Eagle4 here. So, the previous 2 Smogs have each featured a Pokemon X and Y speculation article, where the writer discusses potential moves, abilities and other factors for the new game. I was thinking that it could be a series of sorts, where a writer posts his or her version of the speculation. Despite the fact that there's a lot that has already been talked about, such as new moves, evolutions, different ways of evolving and typing, there are many aspects which hasn't been discussed yet. This includes new abilities, items, current move buffs or nerfs, the gym battles and leaders, and how the 3D element will affect the gameplay. So with that, I plan to write content including those aspects, alongside my take on what new evolutions and prevos will be featured.

This article won't be as competitively-minded as Deck Knight's, and will focus a lot on the flavour, but will still include notions toward competitive play, through the use of abilities/items etc.

Audience: As with a lot of the Entertainment articles, the audience will be everyone. I don't really see this article fitting into a specific age group, as most if not all will be interested in reading a Gen 6 speculation article. (Of course, the Orange Islands thread for it is a different matter, nobody wants to sift through 150 pages of people saying the same thing over and over again. This, in fact, is one of the main reasons for why I like the idea of another Speculation article, or series.)
Authority: I'm extremely enthusiastic about pokemon, and writing in general. If experience means anything, I've written articles for both of my school's magazines.
Creativity: Whilst the concept isn't creative in itself, the ideas I'll bring along with me towards the article will be imaginative, and interesting.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
We've had two speculation articles the past two issues. What differentiates this article from those?

Well, the factor which differentiates this article from the previous two would be the content. There have been areas already discussed (Forme changes, evolutions, previous ability changes, moves and new moves, new pokemon, fuzors, the typings of the starters, etc) but there have also been many areas not mentioned or speculated at.
These can include current move buffs and nerfs, new abilities, gym battles and new items.

So, the content will separate this article from the previous two.

Sorry for the late response. I've been in hospital, and Birkal's been busy with the launch of the Mentorship Program.

The previous two X&Y speculation articles approached their subject from two very different angles. Unfortunately, I don't see the same differentiation present in your proposal here. Deck and Joeyboy were speculating about two very different things and took very different approaches, and I think we've probably exhausted the idea for now -- we only have a very limited amount of information about X&Y at the moment, so there's only so much to speculate about. As such, I'm going to reject this. This might be something worth revisiting closer to the release of X&Y though, so please don't be discouraged, and feel free to reapply if you have any more ideas! You certainly sound very geared up about contributing to The Smog, and we could use writers with passion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)