PokeRealm Vs Smogon

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know why this is locked, if it is an idea, then the smogon people need to have their voice heard. why does advance get 3 metagames, but the others only get 1? that is pretty stupid. it should just be rby, gsc, and regular advance. and it could be like 8 people per version. (each person may only participate in 1 version)

for example

Smogon RBY:
Hipmonlee
Roy
JMC
Lesm46
Fuzion
Pidgeot500
Cloggerdude
Me

Smogon GSC:
cloud
7 other people!

Smogon ADV:
chaos
Acura
skarm
5 other people!

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
MattW left.. Plus I'd rather do RS..

But yeah, we used to always tryt to set up these things between channels or between NB and Bots and stuff but they never got off the ground.. But I always thought they would be cool!

Have a nice day.

I would do RS but I wouldn't mind RBYing either. Also be sure to read that whole thread on PR, especially what Noobster said about not exploding when Smogon wins (we will).

Also personally I would like it if each version had 9 people, in 3 different metagames. Preferably uber, regular and UU. It'll be hard to set up but a lot of fun. And also bring some new life to battling, because honestly how many people have ever played RBY/GSC uber?

I looked at the topic title and just laughed...

Although Pokerealm did this with like Morlord and Paradox or whatever it was called and it was pretty decent so meh.

Also agreeing with the whole UU regular and uber idea.

Yeah, our forte is Uber and UU as well as RS OU.

We don't even have 8 RBY/GSC players. =\

So if UU and Uber isn't included in the package then I don't think we would want to participate since we will almost certainly lose at RBY and GSC.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't even know if this is an actuality since I really don't feel like registering for yet another forum, but I think that doing three metagames for each generation is a bad idea.

Put quite simply, the RBY and GSC uber metagames are too undeveloped to play competitively. I don't know much about the power of Mewtwo and Mew in RBY (besides the Amnesia Mewtwo thing), but the GSC uber metagame is, in my experiments with it, geared to be even more stall-orientated than the standard metagame. You could do standard and underused, but RS is the only generation with enough uber checks and balances to consider an uber metagame--in my opinion, even doing only an RS metagame is unfair to GSC and RBY, as it puts more emphasis on RS wins than on RBY and GSC. After all, we're supposed to be the authority on ALL aspects of internet pokemon, not just the most recent generation.

Roy said:
rby uu is extremely developed and should have it's own spot
PokeRealm barely plays RBY, much less RBY UU so I don't think that's really a viable option.

So far we've been able to come up with 4 players for RBY and 3 for GSC. =\

IIRC i was the best RBYer in Team Smogon after Roy in the IBT tourney. So i think i shopuld have a place there. :preach:
Otherwise i also would go for 386.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tl;dr

This would be awesome. I'm a bit confused as to whether we should actually start nominating people yet, and if we are, then I put forth my own name for Advance uber/standard (preferably uber).

I have to say Devilkid indeed deserves a place with the rby-ers.

Besides that something about the modes:

RBY / GSC / RS 386.. are the most common meta's so if you aren't skilled for it, battle it more. There is plenty of time and Pokerealm has tournaments every day so whats the problem?

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
guys we know smogon has plenty of people for each version. this isn't a signup topic tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)