Pokerus in X Y survey

How did you obtain Pokerus?

• I encountered a wild Pokemon or hatched a Pokemon with Pokerus.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I received a Pokemon with Pokerus through Wonder Trade

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • I received a Pokemon with Pokerus through the GTS

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • I received a Pokemon with Pokerus from a friend or from a 1 on 1 trade

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • I sent over a Gen V Pokemon with Pokerus through Pokebank

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I have not obtained Pokerus

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
I wonder what the odds of finding a 6iv shiny pokerus infected Pokemon is. Honestly, if I found that I'd be pretty pissed i didn't just win the lotto instead
The hundred dollar one or the million? Anyway, 31 x 6= 186, shiny has around a one in two thousand if Masada, and Pokérus has a one in 16 thousand. So. 1/32000000 x 186= 1/50 million about. More like the $50 million dollar lottery chance.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The hundred dollar one or the million? Anyway, 31 x 6= 186, shiny has around a one in two thousand if Masada, and Pokérus has a one in 16 thousand. So. 1/32000000 x 186= 1/50 million about. More like the $50 million dollar lottery chance.
Hardly. The chance of getting 6 x 31 IVs isn't 31 x 6, it's 31^6. So the number is more like 1/(31^6 x 2000 x 16000), which is roughly 3.5 x 10^(-17), or one to 28.4 quadrillion. The chance is akin to winning the national lottery in several countries on the same day.

I wonder what the odds of finding a 6iv shiny pokerus infected Pokemon is. Honestly, if I found that I'd be pretty pissed i didn't just win the lotto instead
Normal circumstances (Wild, no shiny charm, X/Y, not counting nature): 0.00000000000000000408340855860842566471546888351, or about 1 in forty sexdecillion. So, not likely.

Like many people, I've gotten Pokérus but haven't caught a single shiny besides the Red Gyarados. IIRC, I caught the virus from contact with a Magnemite in the White Forest, and proceeded to spread it to everything in my Black, White, and Black 2 games.

First time I found Pokerus was playing my cousin's Emerald game in order to clone some Pokémon. He had the three Regis, all shiny, with Pokerus. About 7 years later (which is last year, mind you) I found out he used RNG for those games (I never knew that existed for Gen 3 and below lol). I lived 6 years thinking he was the luckiest person on the world.

Found Pokerus on my Y file randomly and immediately tried to spread it for a while and box Pokemon infected with it.

Was also Vivillon hunting at the time so I spread some of it to the Scatterbugs I would capture and then either trade or send them out by Wonder Trade.

Still haven't encountered a shiny on my Y file though :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)