• Syclant

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • Revenankh

Votes: 90 65.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-Topic -- I'm still here!

Sorry! I've been checking this forum every single day, guys. Don't worry -- I've been keeping up with everything. I've been voting and all -- I just haven't posted in a long while, but I still come here every day. I'm reading all of your discussion, don't worry. I'm honored everybody thought of me and wondered where I was, =p.

On-Topic -- Syclant vs. Revenankh

Which of the two creations is the greater success?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Success in what way? most powerful, balenced, enjoyable to use enjoyable to make, or interesting?

could you be more specific?

and glad to hear youre here.

Yeah, you need to define sucess better.

Actually, I think sucess should lie in whatever our mission statement is (which is up in the air to me still).

I think we made Syclant a little too powerful. Not enough to make it gamebreaking, but enough to make you look and go, "WTF, UBER UBER" without truely looking at it.

However, Revenankh has a totally different feel. It's not that it's bad, but it's not anywhere close to as good. It actually kinda has the feel of a high BL/low OU poke (which is where I predict it'll settle, as it's sets aren't looking all that great atm...)

So I don't know. Is making a really powerful (yet not uber) pokemon more of a sucess, or making a pokemon that settles nicely into the tiers but isn't as powerful?

I wasn't really here for Revenankh, but I was here for Syclant, so I'm pretty much forced to go with the Ice Bug.

Although it's still a bit too soon to decide (we have to test Revenankh first), so far I'd say Revenankh, in my opinion.

The process was more polished, the discussions more focused and in my opinion, the pokémon is more interesting.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ummm, you do realize we haven't even playtested Revenankh right?

As far as process, Syclant was obviously smoother, but I think Revenakh has better potential.

Honestly, playtest moar.

I can't decide until I actually have the chance to test Revenankh.
That being said, I think the Revenankh is way cooler.

Had to vote Revenankh. Although I love my creation (the program, not the pokemon) to death, the first CaP had way too many bumps and turns in the road. Hyra's running of the program was much better than mine, and the fact that he had his own forum didn't hurt. I'm not being spiteful, just stating a fact.

I'm interested to see how GT does with the third one.

obviously voting Revenankh.

Syclant was more fun to create though. Probably a little too much fun.

Revenankh was handled better than the first one which resulted to Syclant. The second one was more polished and the discussions where on-topic and focused more. Revenankh also has a cool concept behind it which I think ended in a cool pokemon.

For anything to be precise in this poll, we would have to play-test it first and see what it can really do, then compare both. By the way the discussion and polls were handled, it would be Revenakh.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would say Revenankh.

I didn't participate on the creation of any of them, since I joined at the end of the Revenankh creation process. But I believe Revenankh is better, mainly because it bring some new strategies and all if compared to Syclant (even though I really liked how Syclant was an ice pokemon actually capable of using special attacks really effectively). I don't know, it seems like Syclant was made to be powerful, with it's huge attack/spatk and speed, while Revenankh was made to be more strategic and interesting.

Or not, I may have got this all wrong.

Either way, both pokemons are very nice. I have used Syclant on my hail team with great success for some time and I can't wait to test Revenankh out, since he seems to have a lot of potential.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I kind of want to play Ravenankh on Shoddy before saying it's better / Worse than Syclant. Leaning towards the mummy though...

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Process-wise, I'd have to throw my hat to Revenankh. Even though the polling process for him extended beyond that of Syclant, it eventually helped us in crafting out a better pokemon.

As a pokemon, that's yet to be determined.

Going with the minority and voting Syclant. I didn't like Revenankh's original design much (though it looks better sprite-ized) and tbh I don't really like the way it's stats turned out either, it just seemed like versatility (i.e enough attack for a real CB set, more def to act as a better tank, usable speed) was forgone in favor of a spread perfect for a Bulk Up set (type-wise it's far more of a physical tank and it's likely to turn out that way in practical use too, yet it has higher sp def?), and of course it wasn't a Banette evo and hurts future chances for such :/. That's just my opinion though, don't take too much stock in the fact that I just didn't like how it ended up. Syclant's design was a little unusual but it grew on me after awhile and while I'm not a big fan of frail sweepers I admit it's interesting.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I voted for Syclant. Since it was the first one, there was a wonderful newness to the whole thing. Plus, the giddy excitement I had the first time I sent Syclant out into battle on the server and was able to use it "for real" -- nothing will ever compare to that.

Also, I'm going to make a prediction that Revenankh is going to be a big non-factor on competitive teams. The great thing about this project is that theorymon doesn't mean shit, and playtesting is everything. But, I'm just trying get the early bettors line on Revenankh and the under.......

I'm going to have to say Revenankh, since the whole process just ran more smoothly.

Syclant was pretty fun, though.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well i think Syclant wins in coolness and power
Somehow I don't think this should be valid criteria. Why not make a Fresh Prince Pokemon with 9999999999999999999 in every stat?
I did not say they where, just that syclant is more cool and powerful IMO.

Also what criteria should we judge it on? Sucsess is a bit vauge.

Success is supposed to be vague. However you define "success" is how you vote. He just wanted to see who people thought turned out better. Whether that's more competitively usable, balanced, cooler, even a smoother process, is all up to you.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why not make a Fresh Prince Pokemon with 9999999999999999999 in every stat?
We should. It would be the most successful Pokemon ever. Successful enough to get a tier named after it (which is more than Arceus and all those other wannabes can say). Breaking down any barrier Species Clause may want to put in its path.

Base stat total of CAP 4: Over nine-thousand.

On an altogether more serious note, success - like beauty - is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I feel like Revenankh was a more natural Pokemon than Syclant ended up being. It more or less fell into place, while Syclant actually seemed slightly forced. I'm kinda hoping it develops into a pattern.

I shall attempt to enjoy playing with Revenankh more than I did Syclant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)