Side Poor Man's Mono Tournament (Won by Prosaic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seeing that Prosaic won both sudden death matches, they've won this tournament! Congratulations!

I'm very happy to hear that a lot of you had fun with the limitations of this tournament as well; I know I had fun building for it! Perhaps we can do a tournament similar to this in the future as well.

Man, this tour was really fun! I wish I had gotten here at the start to play more battles, but I really like being able to mess around with mons on all tiers of the VR rather than just sticking to S-B tier mons c: There's definitely types that have the advantage, though (such as Water having so many mons on each rung of the VR to choose from, Dragon coming with many resistances and many powerful sweepers to choose from, and Normal being able to form different cores with only 2 high tier mons like a Chansey-Porygon 2 defensive core or a M-Lop Digg offensive core) while other types struggle to see use as the high tier mons are absolutely necessary to form a team around (I tried to make grass work, but man... it's hard to build grass teams without having m-venu, cradily, and ferrothorn on the same team). I wonder if, if this kind of tour happens again, other types will see usage to counter common threats that were used in this tour. Either way, it was a great tour to both watch and participate in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)