Pope John Paul II appears in a fire?

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
When someone gets in there and shakes his hand, that would be a story, this makes all concerned look idiotic.
I'm afraid I have to agree with the first comment listed on that site.

Anyone could photograph a fire from a random angle and, as Vagabond Aeon said, see what they want to see.
I guess the photographer is just lucky.

yesterday when I was looking at the sky my neighbors dead hamster appeared as a cloud

I think they have about equal credibility. I'm normally big on the whole 'religion isn't for me but you guys can believe whatever you want' but I had to laugh at this... are you kidding me?

I'd say it looks more like your standard angel-made-in-the-snow, this is just a "see what you want to see" case.

Also who says that God didn't intend us to see him from the back and that he's raising his LEFT hand which is RELATED TO THE DEVIL?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
The image of the fire is pretty cool, but I agree that this is a case of people seeing what they want to see. I see fire every time someone cooks in my house, and it can easily twist into all kinds of shapes.

I'm not religious, but that was one of the few religious characters i respected.

Of course, the fire is just an optical illusion, i mean if i saw the photo i would say is Cinder of Killer Instinct and i would be wrong as well.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
yesterday when I was looking at the sky my neighbors dead hamster appeared as a cloud

I think they have about equal credibility. I'm normally big on the whole 'religion isn't for me but you guys can believe whatever you want' but I had to laugh at this... are you kidding me?
But did you get a photo?

HAve a nice day.

HAve a nice day.
ASDF! FGHASGH! Hip typo!

On topic, I don't think this is such a big deal. If people see JP II in that picture, there's no reason to flip out, and vice versa. It's kind of a cool effect but not a whole lot else IMO. I don't think it's as vague as people make it seem however, this does look rather close to that comparison image.

It does look rather close to the comparison image, though I think it would have held more ground if perhaps the image of JP II appearing in the flames for a length of time (5 to 10 seconds).

I do think this is a case of people only seeing what they want to, again I will remark how similar it looks to the comparison image.

Each to their own. Don't condemn people's beliefs. If this "vision" is what gives some people comfort, then that is their business.
Completely agreeing with this statement. We see what we want to see, and that's insane but nonetheless true. If it get's you through the day feeling a little nicer, or stops you from bringing a gun to [Place here] then I'm fine with it.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure I could find a random image of Jesus that vaguely ressembles any of the poop I produce if I were to search.

Guys, think about it. You have to see something BEFORE you take a picture of it. The photographer would have had to have known the fire would bend in that direction in order to snap the shot.

Obviously, the asshole who made the "discovery" was filming the fire the entire time, brought it home, and started matching up still images with probably 100 or 1000's of pictures of JP the second.

This is the most probable explanation.

If anyone wants a pseudo-official Catholic view on this, we asked the school chaplain in class today and he didn't regard it as significant.
Also, Kurgan, that doesn't seem likely at all tbh...

Actually its my image in the fire... Because nobody but the Pope has ever waved there hand like that before... I mean waving your hand as a gretting is something nobody ever does.

Its like the virgin mary appearing on the grilled cheese... Lets say 20 million people make gc once a year, some are bound to get burnt. if 5 million get burnt they are not all going to burn the same way. The shapes will vary... And if they vary then you are bound to get one that might look like something you've seen before

Also if the Pope's spirit was in the fire then why couldn't he have made it so that the fire stayed like that, suspended in that image for a few minutes.. why not leap from the fire and walk around...

Anyone else giggling at the fact that the holiest man in the catholic curch reappears in the form of fire?

I imagin Pope Benedict will enjoy his own postmortem sighting in a pile of brimstone, or maybe on someone's trident.. edit: or in a goats horns!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)