Porygon2, The Coded Computer.

Foreward
I wanted to base a team on porgon2's amazing sweeping capabilities and how much of a tank he is so without further ado...​

Porgon2@Evoilet
Download
Modest Nature
252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
  • Tri Attack
  • Ice Beam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Recover

An amazing tank that is a threat to all. I have a special list of switch-ins that porgon2's ability, download will activate on. Slowbro, Nidoking, Rypherior, Suicune, and Blastoise are to name a few. After a download boost it is a monster of a tracker and rips everything to shreads. Even the best wall in the tier eviolet Dusklops, quake in fear. Recover is an awsone recovery move and a tri-boltbeam set is a sight to quiver at. Eve's are to stop incoming Porgon's to halt in their tracks.

Darmanitan@Choice Scarf
Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 SpE
  • Flare Blitz
  • U-Turn
  • Rock Slide
  • Earthquake

Like I said I'm Hyper scared of porgon so basically all defence Evs are SpD, anywase darmanitan works very well with scarf and Sheer force helps it out greatly. On incoming Darmanitans, it hits hard with rock slide, and KO's unsuspecting Nidokings. Great sweeper and is very good on paper and on the field.

Chandelure@Choice Specs
Flash Fire
Modest Nature
252 SpA/4 SpD/ 252 SpE
  • Fire Blast
  • Shadow Ball
  • Hidden Power Fighting
  • Energy Ball

A pretty standard choice specs set for chandelure. I like that it will stop darmanitan in its tracks if it doesn't have rock slide and is has the highest SpA in UU. Great typing, handy movepool, and good stats make chandelier a great Attacker for my team.

Registeel@Leftovers
Hasty? Its +Def -SpA
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
  • Toxic/Thunder wave
  • Sicemic toss
  • Iron Head
  • Curse

Great teammate for chandelier as it lures in Fire moves. Pretty much standard issue as well really its a staller and spreadsheet status. It walls physical attackers to death and can cripple them with a T-wave or toxic. The latter ends the endless slowbro on slowbro and the foremost is helpful to sweep Scarfers.

Mew@Focus Sash
Levitate
Timid Nature
252 SpA/ 4 SpD/252 SpE
  • Rock Polish
  • Swords Dance
  • Baton Pass
  • Nasty Plot

The lights behind the stage. The little Guy sends his batons to all my team and helps a lot. Rock Polish for Chandelure, Swords Dance for Darmanitan, and Nasty Plot for Porgon. Helps a ton and leads to many sweeps. Excellent helper to my team. Gotta love that Mew.

Azelf@Normal Gem
Levitate
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 SpE
  • Explosion
  • Knock Off
  • Fire Blast
  • Thunderbolt

Really all this does is goes, knocks down a wall's item then blow up. Helpful for umbreon, registeel, dusknoir, gligar, and many more. Normal gem multiples explosion's already huge power by 1.5 Which in battle make for a assured double down. The other moves are filler only to hit ghost, steel, and rock types.

Hey there, team looks very aggressive, but just a few points.
1. Max bulk on mew. 252 hp/ 4 sp def/252 speed. You're not running any attack so why have 252 sp attack evs? If your running bp mew, why not just use smeargle who has access to smashpass and spore? All it needs is one boost and it gets +2 in attack, sp attack and speed.

Also, why would you lock your pokes into 1 move after having their stat doubled? Especially for chandelure. Its coverage moves can be easily exploited by having snorlax/roserade. U turn on darmanitan is a waste if you bp a boost to him.

May I suggest smeargle>mew with smashpass/spore and taunt or magic coat w/ focus sash? For a good sweeper you can try mixed cobalion with close combat/hp ice/volt switch/stone edge with expert belt. Granted volt switch is like u turn on darmanitan, but it'll give him boltbeam and the ability to take down bulky waters.

Also,to reiterate my point on smashpass, azelf would LOVE +2 in every stat and can tear up teams.

Overall, its a very offensive team and I would consider some of the changes above. Also, you may want to try to incorporate hazards in some form

As per the [thread=50298]How To Make an RMT[/thread] article, your team isn't quite up to snuff for the RMT forum. I think you need to learn more about synergy. The team isn't really rateable since it lacks cohesive structure -- it honestly seems like you threw together 6 of your favorite sets and just hoped it would work. While some of these sets are quite good, together your team has neither an effective offense nor an effective defense. Defensively, your team is destroyed by big threats like Heracross, and isn't fast-paced enough to keep up with other offensive teams. Offensively, your team falls against defensive teams, who can simply phaze out your win condition of Mew or whoever he passes to and can wall your other sets.

I suggest lurking more, reading highly rated UU RMTs (i.e. with several Luvdiscs), participating in the UU forum, and reading kokoloko's Underused Teambuilding article. Do some of this, and maybe you can build a more cohesive team using the strengths of Porygon2.

I agree with most of the things Patrick says, except I think you should keep Mew. It does need to be reworked however, here's a set I think will work much better for you:
Mew@Leftovers
Levitate
Timid Nature
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4SDef
Nasty Plot
Rock Polish
Baton Pass
Roost/Taunt/Psychic

I don't think you need Swords Dance since Darmanitan is your only real SD reciever, and Mew needs that final moveslot more than it needs Swords Dance. Roost is the best option, since it helps Mew baton pass more than once, something Smeargle definitely can't do.

If you did want to rebuild from the ground up then start with Porygon2 and Mew. These two complement eachother excellently, as P2 is immune to Ghost and Mew resists Fighting. My recommended Mew moveset and you current P2 would work out fine. You'll need a Stealth Rocker, since your current team lacks one. Nidoqueen or Nidoking could fill this role and also function as Baton Pass recipients, as could Azelf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)