Project Post NDPL II Set & Team Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
With regular season coming to an end and playoffs soon to commence in a couple of hours, NDPL II Set & Team Dump is here to serve as an opportunity to post whatever anyone has used so far! It's pretty self explanatory, post teams you used in NDPL II here!

Rules
  • This is for teams used in, or heavily considered for use, in NDPL II ONLY.
  • OU, UU, AG, and Monotype teams can be posted.
  • A Pokepaste would be preferred in terms of formatting. Sprites would also be a helpful addition.
  • Descriptions/stories about the teams are allowed (encouraged, even) but consider using a spoiler tag if they end up being very long.
And that's it! Happy posting, and good luck to the teams in the playoffs!

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
NDPL is over for me so I figured I'd share my teams I built. I was 0-2 after week two and decided to build my own teams from that point forward. I discovered Kyurem is OP thanks to stealing the NMI set from OU and putting it in ND and pairing it with the Bunny. The two then carried me to a 4-2 record

W1&2:
Omi made the w1 team and I made edits and it got 6-0ed by zone so don't use it. Ask her if u want it tho

Pannu made the w2 team and I can't find the paste but ask him if u want it. Was a mmaw team iirc with cm z koko that got cteamed by hippo fat. That's when I decided to hop on the kyurem train

W3:
:rillaboom::kartana::kyurem::landorus-therian::magnezone::lopunny-mega:
https://pokepast.es/7dc20caae8d8d95c

Z kart is OP, kyurem is OP, magnezone is OP, bunny stronk and Lando is a bunny check. Banded rilla > bulu because torn doesn't exist and bunny counterplay

W4
:rillaboom::kartana::kyurem::landorus-therian::magnezone::lopunny-mega:
https://pokepast.es/87c5ca8c281caff4

Decided to use the same mons with scarfkart>z and z SD>band rilla. Sets are unexpected and worked like a charm. P sure jpnumbers or someone else used it later on and won with it

W5/6
:kyurem::lopunny-mega::gliscor::toxapex::tapu koko::heatran:
https://pokepast.es/c2364e0a37a1ab22

More bunny. More kyurem. Wanted to make a real team with actual hazard control and glisc is the best mon for that given all the things it does (free gliscor pls). Pex and Tran round out the defensive core and z Tran is op. Timid cuz no1 runs it and I like being faster than everything that creeps modest. Koko rounds out the team to be another fast presence. Axel bunny lures grounds and covers mlati and it worked like a charm vs devin. Made it for w5 but couldn't play so I used it w6

W7
:kyurem::lopunny-mega::gliscor::heatran::slowbro::ferrothorn:
https://pokepast.es/2ef4c914103d331c

More KyuLop. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Except I did cuz I went Z kyurem with rock slide because I anticipated volc. Faced the volc but didn't get to click rs ;_; glisc/bro/spdef tran formed a potent defensive core that gave me futureport and Ferro complimented it very well. I had moved away from steels since my week 1 disaster and felt confident I wouldn't be zoned.

Had a lot of fun building for this tour. I learned a lot that I wish I knew for ssnl when I johnned and got coinflipped, but spamming kyurem and Lop was a lot of fun and made me realize how much I miss megas in OU. I'll probably do more natdex stuff cuz its a fun change of pace from OU. Big thanks to omicorio and adem for the qc on my teams.

Free Gliscor Lando sux

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
goated Delcatty's are headed to playoffs but here are the teams I used or built for other users in the regular season.

Kyo week 1:
:darmanitan: :tapu fini: :landorus-therian: :jirachi: :magnezone: :pinsir-mega:
https://pokepast.es/24de8558fca57aa7

mncmt week 1 and Kyo week 7:
:landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :zapdos: :weavile: :tapu fini: :volcarona:
https://pokepast.es/a77060268c6ac1b1

Aberforth week 1:
:pelipper: :ferrothorn: :swampert-mega: :zapdos: :weavile: :manaphy:
https://pokepast.es/1e385c8f22d1ddf9

Kyo week 2:
:gliscor: :slowbro: :zeraora: :lopunny-mega: :ferrothorn: :hydreigon:
https://pokepast.es/3dff72126a1b4aa7

mncmt week 2:
:charizard-mega-y: :hydreigon: :heatran: :rillaboom: :weavile: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/b60b05f7809600e7

Kyo week 3:
:tapu-koko: :manectric-mega: :pikachu: :landorus-therian: :hydreigon: :aegislash:
https://pokepast.es/cb413600cc4e0f8b

mncmt week 3:
:moltres: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :medicham-mega: :weavile: :tapu koko:
https://pokepast.es/5f3a97cbbd906bb1

Kyo week 4:
:corviknight: :latios-mega: :toxapex: :tapu bulu: :heatran: :weavile:
https://pokepast.es/ac94c3c39c53c47a

AmyQuaris week 4:
:landorus-therian: :slowbro: :tapu koko: :ferrothorn: :hydreigon: :lopunny-mega:
https://pokepast.es/2f187398939dc43e

Kyo week 5:
:kyurem: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :slowking-galar: :landorus-therian: :hydreigon: :diancie-mega:
https://pokepast.es/875d053ca5f5a9f9

Stareal week 5:
:latias-mega: :clefable: :bisharp: :greninja-ash: :moltres: :gastrodon:
https://pokepast.es/b096f028fa15c683

mncmt week 5 and mushamu week 7:
:tangrowth: :garchomp: :moltres: :bisharp: :greninja-ash: :lopunny-mega:
https://pokepast.es/3ab09bca94bf962d

Kyo week 6:
:latios: :excadrill: :clefable: :lopunny-mega: :tangrowth: :rotom-wash:
https://pokepast.es/0a98d7b00984728e

mncmt week 6:
:pelipper: :swampert-mega: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :greninja-ash: :scolipede:
https://pokepast.es/70e66e399e082ed9

I've been busy :psywoke:

i had some fun building in this tier
(click the sprites for the importable)

week 2 (W)

this team is AWFUL. copied a ss ou squad and removed dragonite and ended up with no water and no fire resist gg. the concept of the team is cool tho and it probably works with some changes.

week 3 (L)

this was the week i experienced around with mega-aero i think? i ended up with no ground and sputnik suggested mega-chomp and i slapped a random mantine (can never be safe vs heatran enough) on it. i like the synergy of the team, some more standard sets would help the team probably.

week 4 (W)

this team is really cool, a combination of a sm team and a ss team really, with endeavor diancie + volcarona, also dd kyurem + lunar dance cresselia which pp stalls everything. defog imprision land is really cool to not only have another removal, but to not let defoggers like corviknight defog too.

week 5 (W)

my fav team this whole tour probably? mega-venu itself is really cool and many balance-builds struggle with it alone, paired with a hoopa, a mon in which nothing really likes to come in. magma storm + hp ice tran is also a neat tech to remove chomp and gliscor etc for bulk up zeraora and double dance lando-t.

week 6 (L)

just a couple of set-up mons with scarf kart. still haven't figured out the right sharpedo set for this team but otherwise i think it's a cool concept.

week 7 (W)

cofag. there are no ghost resists in this tier, so i wanted to try this out. the team around it is just standard balance and nothing special really. weavile and pursuit are broken. made this updated version as well.

bonus sauce:

this was planned for week 6 i think? i'm convinced gardevoir (yes, not mega) is decent at least. trace is awesome and can beat weather, trap zone, switch into heatran, trace regen etc etc. z-liquidation pex is funny for volcarona. regieleki just because it is annoying to face on the ss ou ladder idk.

that's it. imo there's a lot of room for creavitiy in this tier which people should explore more. shoutout to Sputnik for talking some sense into my teams and letting me use whatever. also shoutouts to my team in general.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
i had some fun building in this tier No ididnt everything is broken unban magearna
(click the sprites for the importable)

week 1 (W) ho vs speed contorl spam: scary ass volcarona almost wiped my ass

this team is absolutely broken. Some random insmogon discord said i couldnt make a good bee team so i tried my best. the concept of the team is overwhelming grounds n shit with your scary bee in the back while rocks stay permanently off and it is honestly perfect as is.

week 2 (L) played better --> got lucked true combo but what can u do :joy:

this was the week i experienced around with mega-medi i think? this team is some dogass courtesy of my dude@pannuracotta i built a better version w double specs but got peer pressured into changing it. opp decided to throw the game twice but i missed my expert draco @ volc

week 4 (W) - fucked around w rain, played well besides mana rest in terrain :(

this team is really standard, a combination of a sm rain team and a ss zapdos really, with fog peli + 3a zapdos. ban pivot moves

week 5 (W) - emotional roller coaster saved by lop

my fav team this whole tour probably? mega-lop itself is really cool and many balance-builds struggle with it alone, paired with a serp and boots spikes gren, a mon in which nothing really likes to come in. magma storm speedy firium tran is also a neat tech to remove everything and 2a payapa pex carried my tran/volc/fairies mu

week 6 (L) - folded to kyurem and friends

same shit

week 7 (L) - this QWILY dude crit my chople ferro after getting pooped on

ty Kate for editing my original team ill drop below

bonus sauce:

airfare og version of week 7 team. bu medi was something funny i wanted to try out in psyspam, rachi there cuz i needed a steel and the rest kind of followed an usum-ish psyspam structure. kate helped me revise right before the game s/o

access to hp ice means the rat is broken (0 switchins). i lost my steel so i added an exca over lando that could catch pesky gliscors n shit. overall slightly less solid than the other 1 because of new defensive flaws vs shit like chomp and less reliable removal

i was off that powder when pannuracotta passed me this and i changed a few items.. wanted to rob someone but it didnt pan out

that's it. imo there's a lot of room for creavitiy in this tier which people should explore moreNo there's not QWILY Stfu and Please unban magearna tornadus t. shoutout to Young basedgod optify for talking some sense into my teams and letting me use whatever. also shoutouts to peap Kate pannuracotta NVK for correcting my brain damaged builds/testing w me

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
Since my team is out, im dropping somes OU team + UU teams (for likes, ofc). If i dont post all the team i've used, it's because either they are p standart or either very specific and, not really interesting to post them.

- Week 1 (W) : :rillaboom::scizor-mega::magnezone::tapu-fini::nihilego::landorus-therian: + :infernape::manectric-mega::roserade::gligar::jellicent::scizor: Week 1 vs FC
For OU ngl i just wanted to have fun ingame so ive just slap some of my favourite mon and that's basically all. Already make a post about that team iirc
For UU well FC used 3 times skarm teams +abusable ground and not a lot of speed control so i just pick this nape. The main idea is to setup spikes in order to destroy Malty as soon he's in Z Fire range. Jelli was the dedicaded Glowking check (should rank it lol one of the best urshifu/nape/keld/zor check on the tier), glig the volt blocker and my main ground answer, Rose my spike setter, as I wanted a more offensive spiker than skarm (not that hard lol), and Zor my psychic answer (yeah we do w what we have). Manec was elected as my mega, cuz he share a great synergy w this nape.

- Week 2 (L but w/e this team won a game) : :grimmsnarl::omastar::scizor-mega::kommo-o::azelf::kartana:
So i was talking w badem and he told me that omicorio's team were really weak to HO. Then he joked about bringing 5 Shell Smasher + lead or smth like that (dont remember ngl). Thing is i just wanted to play Omastar cuz well it's a very funny mon and the funnier shell smasher i've ever used. Shell Smash + Meteor Beam is just absurdely strong and if the opp doesnt have a rillaboom he can ff. Rest is p simple to understand, Zor + Tana overwhelm their common check, Kommo-O destroy rain, Azelf setup rocks and boom, and grimm setup screen.

- Week 4 (W) : :charizard-mega-x::heatran::ferrothorn::clefable::rotom-wash::landorus-therian: + :rotom-wash::altaria-mega::skarmory::mienshao::nidoqueen::swampert:
As usual i just wanted to play a mon that I love, in this case Zard X. I decided to pair him w this very specific tran, Air Balloon + Hp ice allow u to trap and remove glis / chomp / lando if the opp use spd lando (ss ou vibes), helping zard to win. he's also my main tran answer, either they dont touch him or they are forced to Z. After the Z is wasted, i know i can just go on Rotom. Clef is Hwish (dont think i need to explain why), double defog (zard team), and Rotom is waterium to OHKO rona.
For UU team, Rotom-Wash Z lure Guss, and then u click DD w Malty. U also abuse the guss death w queen by setup some tspikes, and w shao that force out malty to take some. Skarm is glasses + bb to have a reliable guss in in early games before u lure it, whirlwind to more tspike abuse.
- Week 6 (L) : :diancie-mega::volcarona::weavile::landorus-therian::rotom-wash::ferrothorn:
Just a good old classic Dia Volc. The Rona is ugly specific, mainly cuz i knew my opp doesnt play Pex that much. Rotom is electrium to bait Pex, cuz the team struggle against it. So, on paper that sounds stupid. But usually ppl will stay and recover ingame against it. So, u just click Z and claim a free kill. Dia is tec to make easier the mind game against Ash-Gren, and also to safely Mega against Chomp and Lando. Weav is Boots to have a better HO MU, Lando is scarf for the same reasons + Tias MU.

Some heat (those teams were either used by my mates or never used, but i build all of them)
- :tapu-lele::lopunny-mega::tapu-fini::victini::weavile::gliscor:
The team JP used against Splash. Just pick a psy spam core, slap glis + fini as my defensive core, punny as speed control and weavile as a wincond.
- :terrakion::zeraora::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::ferrothorn::charizard-mega-x:
The team JP was supposed to play week 6 or 5 i dont remember lol (but he mades somes changes and lose sob)
So, Terrak SD Rockium destroy what Zard X hates. Paired w that Zeraora, most of what Zard Struggle die quickly, and then u can just click dd and win. Rest is p self explanatory i think.
- :landorus-therian::tapu-fini::hawlucha::kommo-o::jirachi::volcarona:
So it's a misty terrain abuse, that byleth played week 2 or 3 still dont remember. Kommo-O is poisonium to bait Clef/Fini, Fini is CM Stored to annihilate Pex. Jirachi is here cuz i needed a solid psychic type answer, and a reliable way to deal w Tias. Twave + misty terrain could seems a bit odd, but im targeting things like Corv/Tias/Rona.
- :mawile-mega::landorus-therian::tapu-lele::rotom-wash::ferrothorn::dragonite:
The team R8 used on week 6 ? and my main team during NDLT. P self explanatory I think, u break w maw lele in early and then dnite click dd.
- :kartana::rillaboom::heatran::lopunny-mega::kommo-o::landorus-therian: Classic Grass Spam, Rilla is darkinium cuz it help against zapdos/corv. Koff is usually better but Darkest is more reliable, as it give u a stronger Z. Tana Scarf and Punny then abuse the death of their common check.

My NDPL season has come to an end. While it's fresh in my mind, I wanted to share the teams I built and go through some of my thought process in preparing for each week.

For some brief context, if I am building for myself and/or a particular occasion, I strongly prefer building teams with a specific opponent in mind rather than putting together a well-rounded team for the metagame generally (as I would for laddering, or perhaps NDLT). This philosophy is compounded by my current belief that threat saturation is high in this tier, and as a result, that you need to accept that you will lose some matchups at the expense of others. I'm sure this can be fairly debated or disagreed with, and that's completely fine, but these two factors informed a lot of my teambuilding decisions as I will explain below.

===
Week 1 vs Drud

:latias-mega: :aegislash: :gliscor: :tapu-fini: :garchomp: :corviknight:

Going into Week 1, I wanted to go with a core I felt comfortable piloting, and settled on the core of Mega Latias + Aegislash as they have decent offensive synergy together. The team centered around the concept of setup spam, with CM Latias, CM Fini, SD Aegislash and SD Gliscor as synergistic win-cons. I knew my opponent was a solid player in other tiers but I wasn't sure what type of structures he preferred in this one, so I wanted to be sure I gave myself as many "outs" as possible. I felt great about the team going in after a lot of testing, but unfortunately I ran into :darkinium-z:Zarude which effectively 6-0's this team, and he brought hard stops to every single win con, so there wasn't much I could do in this one. Full credit to the opponent and his team for playing and preparing well.

Week 2 vs Pannuracotta

:lopunny-mega: :skarmory: :clefable: :gliscor: :toxapex: :gengar:

I had a little less than an hour to prepare for this game after subbing in late, and I was certain my opponent was either bringing Stall or HO, so I tried to put together something that would match up well against both extremes. Game could have gone either way but I was fortunate to get the important turns right against an opponent that knows the tier well. Team worked as intended for the occasion but loses too many matchups to be consistent.

Week 4 vs Byleth

:diancie-mega: :gliscor: :toxapex: :reuniclus: :volcarona: :corviknight:

Going into this game, I knew I needed to respect the prospect that my opponent would bring Stall as a proficient builder and user of the style, even though I wasn't anticipating it against me for a variety of reasons. Still, I felt that Mega Diancie + Stored Power Reuniclus is a frustrating core for fatter teams to deal with, and of all the teams I built this was by far my most consistent in testing. Volcarona pairs well with Diancie and I got exactly the matchup with it and the rest of the team that I wanted, but overplayed with Gliscor in a game I felt I should not have lost from the position I was in.

Week 6 vs Gray

:lopunny-mega: :landorus-therian: :tapu fini: :ferrothorn: :kyurem: :volcarona:

Ran into Thunder Punch ZardX which muscled through a chipped-down Landorus-T and invalided Fini as a check, and I lost the speed tie with Volcarona which was my last way out after an aggressive Turn 1 by the opponent. Regardless, I wasn't too pleased with this team in hindsight, but at the time I was anticipating a balance structure more akin to what I faced Week 7 for this week. For that reason I went with Healing Wish > Fake Out on Lopunny to try and break early and often with NMI Kyurem, and clean with Volcarona later on. I considered Mawile > Lopunny and Ash Greninja > Kyurem on a separate version of the team but I felt that Mawile wasn't supported well enough by the rest of the team to justify it on this structure.

Week 7 vs Clone

:lopunny-mega: :garchomp: :tapu-fini: :aegislash: :corviknight: :volcarona:

I strongly considered bringing screens this week for a number of reasons, but opted instead for this team. In testing, the team struggles against Stall if you don't outplay with Z-Aegislash, but I was expecting Lopunny + Kyurem + offensive Heatran and got 2/3 of them (Tran ended up being SpDef). My team suggested Triple Axel Lopunny to better handle grounds, though I didn't pull the trigger with it against Gliscor out of concern for Slowbro coming in to scout the first time around. Regardless, my gameplan from the beginning was to soften his team for a late game Volcarona sweep, which I nearly accomplished had I taken a couple chances to heavily chip Heatran in the early game with Aegislash. Opponent played the important turns better than I did and deserved to win because of it.
===

This was the first team tournament I ever participated in, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't absolutely gutted at the way it ended for me - this feeling will sit with me for a while. Putting that aside, I truly could not have asked for a better experience these last several weeks. Preparing for these games every week gave me something to look forward to, and I never took any week for granted. I wanted to end by saying thank you to my team for supporting me every week that I played, to Jordy for actually nominating me at the auction (didn't want this to go unnoticed/unappreciated), and most of all to Sputnik for drafting me, for managing the team well and for giving me a chance.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs. I will be watching.

alas we r out unfortunately due to me staying in spd exca vs gliscor but ahaha lets get past that shall we...

ok so decem and i deduced(we played one test game then got incredibly high) that mega gyarados fucks literally every balance core to exist cuz ur fat and sub on everything, and stab crunch thrashes everything the meta has to offer. thus, it made perfect sense to abuse broken gyarados+broken gren(water is broken in general) the first game of the tour. scarf fini is prob better here(as u will notice my fat teams are all flawed in that my speed control is down bad), but the natures madness set currently lives +2 zenbutt from mgallade after rocks and outspaces loom/bisharp. i had also decided that i was not going to ever lose to kyurem or goltres ever and empoleon is pretty good at doing that alongside keeping rocks off for gyarados(yass button has been pressed)

if there has been one thing i am proud of this tour it's that i am the 3rd person to discover that mega venusaur is a shit mon and should not be used in natdexmono(those fuckers isza and decem beat me to it). no lefties and no regen mean ur beggin to take all that juicy chip damage from burn and spikes simultaneosly while losing all ur bountiful 8 synth pp. thankfully god mushroom is here to save the day and would u look at that it actually beats excadrill as a grass type on psn :O. ice z pex is god cuz it stops u from losing to kommo o and azumarill, + u cant get knocked by stuff like bisharp. once again i decided to not use a scarfer on a fat team fsr but pls lets get past that(u should def run scarf rocks nihi over sludge) ;w;. also muk alola is only b on the ndm psn vr wtf what else u runnin as ur dark type hello? side note: do not use av muk that set is def bad.

i may have permanently tarnished my record on this site due to having a constant boner for galarian moltres in our teamchat but it was def worth it for 2 wins + a 5-3 record on the sheet bc my GOD it feels so good to click nasty plot with gtres and subsequently win the game. mirror coat mantine is heat cuz i once got smoked by dragonuser234's kommo-o on ladder(u should beat it as long as u get turns right fuck kommo). mega aero is a rly nice glue cuz u set rocks and threaten stuff like kyurem(i said i would NOT lose to that little fuck this tour) and goltres. gliscor is an excellent mon asw since it is borderline unkillable which means rocks are never staying up vs u, i considered lando i but that mon is def not a real ground/flying(on both ground and flying) so u need another gliscor to go with it. not that it mattered tho goltres was literally the only mon that clicked buttons that game(took a fair and balanced 48 from a nidoking). u prob replace goltres with np flyz torn t now tho, isza used a build like that vs me and i got smoked.

idk what to say here i just rly wanted to use god sd acrobatics gliscor bc haha fling toxic orb go brrrr! i am on a constant high for ground in mono so i decided to just yolo w this squad. spdef exca needs to be used a lot more esp in a meta with hpice and grass cuz it can come in on stuff like non zdig gren(fuck this mon), thundy, tapukoko, etc. scarf chomp is evd to live bd azumarill(i lost to this mon like 5 times w various teams and decem thankfully saved me from losing again, tho unfort i did not load into azu). landorus i is here even tho i shit on this mon a paragraph earlier, but only bc i have a real ground flying type in gliscor. currently i like smog gastro a lot since it helps vs mons like fini, plus toxic isnt that necessary when u have fling gliscor and toxic excadrill. do not watch my game w this team u will cry the last few turns(not in a good way either).

ok so i was still not done larping as a goltres simp so i had to use another flying team(this time w god mzy). whats cool abt mega zard y is that u dont have to use ur brain to use it, which is perfect for me so naturally that was the first mon i slapped onto the team. evs let u live a specs draco meteor from kyurem(lol). decem made me use scarf tornadus t to beat deoxys speed and tapu koko cuz fastest mon tornt is garbage, plus scarves are really hot so. even tho dark pulse is weaker than cane vs deo s u still need it cuz hurricane is the most garbage move ever :/. boots thundy t is heat asw and is def underrated and deserves to be looked at even when np z or scarf are options. i once again led goltres and got a kill for free bc its so balanced xd!(u can run ur own gtres to beat it so it is a fair pokemon lol!) not anymore tho it's banned thankfully, id prob run lando i over golt since u now u have room to fit 2 grounds.

this was the first week where i bothered prepping for my opp's usage and i was pretty sure hed load psy/drag/fly and the great thing about weavile is that with good play u absolutely dunk on flying alongside ur fatcore of ttar amuk mandi and sab. no scarfer this time cuz i figured weavile outspeeds all the threats that are able to break past ur fatwall of sab+friends(sab is still overrated tho!). mat gave me the idea to use psych z for poison, since even tho both pex and mvenu wall weavile in a vacuum venusaur just get chipped as fuck by burn sand and synth healing 25% in sand so.... u eventually knock venu into +2 crash range and win. as a reminder: megavenusaur is dogshit dont use it :D. gren is running ebelt scald cuz fuck you diancie, no other reason. roxiee gave me the idea to use encore msab, and decem thought it was a good idea too so we went w it. i think this is the one game im actually happy with this season(ignore the fact that i knocked a gliscor, didnt kill it, and proceeded to icicle crash right after), i think i kinda flopped other games ;w;. muk set could possibly be fixed but im not sure what 4 work best for it, u rly want all 5 of rest, sleep talk, pursuit, knock, and pjab.

with the ban of goltres i had to start using my brain for the first time, then proceeded to lose my next two games but haha lets pretend that didnt happen yea? we were in poffs at this point tho so i decided itd be fun to try using electrium z durant steel for the laughs. i think its actually quite decent(i wouldve won that game had i clicked hone claws on the +2 gyara). it also meant for the first time in gen 8 i used roarless heatran bc haha no gtres! jirachi def needs to be explored on steel outside of its z celebrate set since it actually has a lot of utility; i used a scarf set this time around with twave for the rabbit greninja. i also find it incredibly hilarious that celesteela with air slash is unable to break a mega gyarados sub, so u need giga drain to not be mddos bait. lum is on exca cuz i didn't know what else to put there. also def run chople on ferro over lefties cuz i loaded into urshifu and got smoked really hard. ig thats a drawback of no aegi but i dont like the spd sets that much and i couldnt fit sd so...

ground looked rly good to me and cy so we decided to roll with a lando t + megachomp ground. i think this is my favorite team ive built this tour; sdflyz lando and krookodile are really underrated. darkest lariat krook is nice specifically for psychic since u can hit stuff like a knocked slowbro or fucking mega galarian slowbro if they havent megad yet. i like intimidate a lot on scarf krook but w/o moxie ur a bit weak to pull off the kos u need. mixchomp is sooooo good and whats nice about mega is that u dont have to waste evs in bulk for azumarill or attack since ur base stats are just that good, letting u run max spa to hit stuff harder with draco and fire blast. once again used spd exca since that mon is just so good at spinning and checking grass+ice coverage. flyinium z lando is nice cuz u lure mons like amoonguss(or mvenu if ur uncultured) vs poison.

thanks cy avarice Expulso for getting me even tho none of u had any proof that i was half decent at this game, as well as martinvtran Ainzcrad and mushamu for helping me test and build for this tier bc i did not touch ndm at all before this tour

shouting out omicorio in particular cuz i am quite frightened of what she will do to me if i dont

Last edited:
Hello my name is Isza,(People call me Kaiser) and I'm a Monotype main turned tournament player who specializes in most OU formats. Despite being washed, I still consider myself a decent player and builder if I'm motivated and know what I'm doing. I'll be showcasing teams I built this NDPL, enjoy!

Week 1 vs Gray
:Mawile Mega: :Heatran: :Tapu Fini: :Landorus-therian: :Tangrowth: :Weavile:
https://pokepast.es/1abec6b6a92cde7a

Week 1 I was paired up vs Gray who I knew was a decent player and a good friend of mine. Since there was no prep for Gray, I wanted to use something standard for my first game. Decided to build around AOA Mawile with a defensive backbone and ended up with this. I messed up my endgame, but I believe from my position I still had better odds to win.

Week 2 vs Roginald
:Charizard-Mega-Y: :Heatran: :Landorus-therian: :weavile: :tapu fini: :Kartana:
https://pokepast.es/059fe8e6eee09268

When looking at his scout I noticed he usually only packed 1 fire resist, so I decided to go with a zard y+tran fire spam type build. I mostly revamped the SM sun squads and changed sets to my liking. The only issue is that this build drops to lopunny and Damien ran into that, resulting in an L.

Week 3 vs Qwily
:Landorus-therian: :corviknight: :ninetales-alola: :tapu fini: :Diancie-mega: :arctozolt:
https://pokepast.es/dafa486b41ef73b3

I actually made this team around week 2, but didn't end up bringing it. I noticed most hail builds didn't have a water resist, and lots of pressure is put on corv to defog hazards away. Since there's so much to cover in nat dex, I decided I'd take the L to scizor and use Tapu fini as a check to ash gren+extra removal. My match up ended up being great, and I liked the way I played.

Week 4 vs Splash (We didn't play)
:Magnezone: :Toxapex: :Weavile: :Kommo-o: :gliscor: :Aerodactyl-mega:
https://pokepast.es/f63b62ed41fa7771

Really wanted to use Mega Aero vs Splash because of its nice speed tier, and I felt like his usual pivots weren't good vs it. Paired zone+eject button to remove steels easily and fog gliscor to keep hazards off. The issue with this team is lele however since my only steel is zone. I had to go this route, it's decent but not optimal if you play like cm lele or twisted spoon ect.

Week 5 vs Simp
:Garchomp: :Landorus-therian: :Greninja: :Diancie-mega: :ferrothorn: :Volcarona:
https://pokepast.es/845956aa24933279

I believe this is the best team I made all tour. The idea is that Gren+Volc Lure their respective pivots. Greninja lures pex/fini for volc, and volc lures heatran for gren since it can't touch it. Diancie is icing on the cake to prevent hazards and just be another offensive presence. Core is rounded out with scarf lando, helmet chomp, and ferro for a water resist. Lure pex with gren early as praj did and it's basically gg.

Finals Vs Bacon
:Latios-mega: :Heatran: :Kartana: :toxapex: :Landorus-therian: :Clefable:
https://pokepast.es/a1d335d5fe3b99c6

Saw Bacon as one of the better players this tour, however his style remained the same most of the time which was fat balance builds with scarf Lando. I wanted to use Z kart+AOA Latios because I felt that 1. Z kart is just really good vs his stuff(fight z for scizor stuff) and 2. AOA lati can surprise his soft checks for it like clef/fini and do big chunks of damage. Fini is actually tough for this team looking back I wish I kept Poison Jab on pex. I think we could have played better but decent over all. Also I didn't notice but I made the same 6 as jon did LOL noticed it a day after.

For Mono I'll only post what I used in semis and finals cause everything else is kinda a blur

Semis vs Hyperspace
:Gliscor: :mantine: :Aerodactyl-mega: :Tornadus-Therian: :thundurus-therian: :celesteela:
https://pokepast.es/c1472be824979743

The decem and hyper core had a nice Monotype run, abusing tons of G-Molt teams in the process. Once it got banned however I noticed most people looked over torn, which was one of the best breakers in nat dex OU, resulting in its ban. I made sure to bring something to mess up the bulky Water/Poison cores they like to spam, while having outplay potential. Got a ton of turns right resulting in my win.

Finals vs Baloor
:Tapu koko: :magnezone: :rotom-wash: :zapdos: :zeraora: :raichu-alola:
(Will edit paste in later on mobile)

I expected a maroon team here, or at least something new since he doesn't play the tier often. I wanted something that had a decent chance vs a majority of the meta, and electric was my pick. Zard x+volc was super tough for me however I'll take accountability and admit I could have played a couple turns differently, especially near the end. Was a good game and I enjoyed it regardless of the result.

Avery Attribute ran my stuff by you guys all season, thank you for being great testers and more importantly, great friends. I can be a little much sometimes but just remember it's all in good fun. :heart:

Typed this on phone so might have some errors!

Thanks for having me.

Last edited:

Avery

Banned deucer.
i built everything for our team in addition to playing so heres that

week 1 - https://pokepast.es/357f8d15030ce14b

week 2 - https://pokepast.es/e0604eb057708f4e

week 3 - https://pokepast.es/c72f682bf905b0f9

week 5 - https://pokepast.es/55e284661c817b88

week 6 - https://pokepast.es/6763537a5c20c26d

every other team used that i built
https://pokepast.es/54165784bb13f4d2
https://pokepast.es/71692a4f4fb4088f
https://pokepast.es/17e2a7aab0098b23
https://pokepast.es/29d2c19615dc4aa0
https://pokepast.es/087005683f468e0a (was used by another team but i helped make it)
https://pokepast.es/24816538286e25ff
https://pokepast.es/491e6820a1d34bc2
https://pokepast.es/d09369e71923ab16

bonus team that wasn't used but is still awesome
https://pokepast.es/9a8064b9d30bd86c

there's definitely more but i can't be asked to comb my builder for everything i've ever passed my team

shoutouts time

thanks to my team for drafting me regardless of me dissapointing yall & being upset about the whole tour, i know i did pretty shitty but the rest of yall did well

thank u my brothers Jordy and Optify for bouncing ideas off me and helping me be somewhat self confident

thank u Isza and omicorio for testing teams with me, it always offered some insight i hadn't seen before

thank u Kate for having unreasonable faith in me

hopefully next time it doesn't turn out like this personally but good job team yall almost had it, just fell a little short at the very end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)