Let's Play! Current Team Thread!

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Couldn't find anything of the sort here, and since I'm bored and just started a Pokemon Moon Mono-Poison run, I thought it could be fun if we all shared our runs! It can be a monotype run, a nuzlocke, a solorun or just a normal playthrough! You can use the site below, just list your teammates or you can be fancy and use some bb code:
:rb/snorlax: :gs/snorlax: :rs/snorlax: :dp/snorlax: :bw/snorlax: :xy/snorlax:
Code:
:rb/snorlax: :gs/snorlax: :rs/snorlax: :dp/snorlax: :bw/snorlax: :xy/snorlax:
It's up to you!

Sites to display your team: this one displays items, abilities, moves, and a lot more or this one, that displays only images

The Team
Screenshot_5.png

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Update!
The last team member is going to be Roserade by Island Can on Ula' Ula Meadow, I just need to wait for the Scans to fill up :psycry:

I'm in love with this team, there are Pokémon that I've been meaning to use for a long time (Pex, Muk and Scolipede) and mons that I've used before and that I know I love and I know are reliable (Bat, Gengar and Rose). Nightcrawler saved my ass on the Electric and Ghost trials due to Swords Dance, great speed and great attack. To be honest, team MVP is def Muk, it's typing + bulk are SO good, that it didn't even need an eviolite as a Grimer (which I used on Mareanie, since her bulk wasn't good until she evolved, surprisingly), plus I got crazy lucky and he came with a 5% Black Sludge back then! Then I just went back later to get one for Nightcrawler and Reefwreck. Poison was already one of my favorite types, these mons + Venusaur, Dragalge, Salazzle, Toxicroak and Naganadel lines are also mons that I like a lot. This is definitely one of the most fun times I've had playing Pokemon and I'm already planning the next monotype challenge!
Update 2.png

I'm playing SoulSilver now, just a regular playthrough. However, battle mode is set, not switch. And a maximum of three healing items per battle, and no revives in-battle.

I bred the Pokemon in Pearl and hatched eggs in SoulSilver. Then, I traded them back to Pearl for EV training and sent them back to SoulSilver to play the game.

1601144563029.png
1601144551669.png
1601144732122.png
1601144749918.png
1601144760324.png
1601144738599.png

The team:
- Togetic.
- Bayleef (not Meganium, good ol' unevolved Bayleef).
- Furret.
- Misdreavus.
- Feraligatr.
- Politoed.

I wanted to use some adorable favourites I normally don't get to use in-game, so this was my chance to do so. After all, Misdreavus is only obtainable in post-game in Crystal, so this was the first time I used Misdreavus in-game outside of Colosseum. I also barely used Furret outside of Colosseum, so this was my chance to show that Furret can fight, and not just walk. And since I always start with Chikorita, this was a good opportunity to use Feraligatr (and Bayleef as well).

Politoed? First time I ever used it in-game. I've always wanted to do that, but never got the chance, since the trade evolution can be problematic in some games.

Bayleef and Togetic are Pokemon I've used many times before, but I love them, so... ;)

My previous playthrough was a quite challenging Grass monotype run in Pearl, with Pokemon I bred in SoulSilver (three NFE's), so now I just wanted a quick, fun, casual playthrough.

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
Pokémon Moon Mono-Poison Challenge!
moon mono poison.png

Final update on this (it's been a while whew). Overall I had a lot of fun with this challenge, and it was also my first monotype challenge! I used mons that I both liked and been wanting to use. Toxapex was a little disappoiting to be honest, its HP is so horrible its defenses didn't really matter and its SpAtk is also terrible, but fault on me for hyping it up. MVP was definitely Alolan Muk. Lived a lot of hits and Poison Touch is such a useful ability too. It's been a good few months since I finished this, so I can't really remember much. I want to do another monotype challenge, I just don't know what game yet. Anyways, ty for reading if anyone did :)

Reactions: Rae
Recently replayed Platinum with a team of six mons I had never trained before, and here are my thoughts on them:

- For whatever reason, I never thought to pick Chimchar before now. Took me long enough to finally do so. Infernape was as great as advertised overall, but I don't like how it's stuck with Flame Wheel as far as Physical Fire-type attacks go until Level 57. You pretty much have to teach it Flamethrower or Fire Blast if you want a decent Fire-type attack to handle the myriad of Bronzors that you'll have to battle along the way. But it's great otherwise.

- I'm honestly disappointed. I thought Pure Power would pretty much enable Medicham to flatten everything, but this all falls apart when you consider that Medicham's movepool is abysmal. Other than Hi Jump Kick, it doesn't learn anything noteworthy, and it can't get any Physical Psychic-type attacks except via breeding or Move Tutor. So I'm glad I tried it out, but I'm probably not going to train one again anytime soon.

- Something about being a Steel-type with 145/150 defenses convinced me to give this a shot, and I don't regret it. Probopass is actually pretty good in-game for what it's worth. Base 75 Sp. Atk is okay, and it can somewhat circumvent its low Speed with Thunder Wave. The moveset I ultimately ended up using was Thunder Wave, Flash Cannon, Power Gem, and Thunderbolt. Virtually nothing can KO it unless they can hit it super-effectively.

- Yeah, there's a pretty good reason why Garchomp is the more popular Ground-type. But Hippowdon isn't terrible either; respectable bulk, solid Attack, and access to Yawn and Crunch can be useful, especially when dealing with fast power hitters (Lucian's Alakazam, I'm looking directly at you). I wouldn't advise going out of your way to use one unless you really want one, but it won't be a dud if you do. I'd still take Garchomp over it any day, though.

- I'm genuinely impressed. I figured Lumineon was just going to be okay at best, but as soon as I reached Celestic Town and got both HM03 and the Choice Specs, it singlehandedly drowned all of its competition. And TM13 later on didn't hurt either. I think that says more about the Specs than it does Lumineon, but on the other hand, it also doesn't hurt that Lumineon levels up pretty quickly. Either way, I'm satisfied with what I got, and while I don't think I'll ever recommend using a Lumineon over most of the other Water-types Sinnoh offers, at least there's a way to make it work well.

- I hate the Great Marsh. I hate it with a burning passion. I hate the mud, the existence of a step counter, and how you can't battle the Pokemon there normally. And yet... I somehow put up with all of that bullshit in order to catch this thing. As a Yanma, it was pretty underwhelming. But the nanosecond it evolved, it proved to be worth it. Tinted Lens coupled with a Base 116 Sp. Atk and a decent level-up movepool makes Yanmega into a surprisingly potent powerhouse that virtually nothing is safe from. This was pretty much the MVP of my team, and if we do indeed get Sinnoh remakes, this will be one of the first that I consider for my team in those games.

Last edited:
nuzlocke-1816baec-3512-48c0-b08d-2fe23f7e355e.png

First time every playing Renegade Platinum, really enjoying it so far. If this was a Nuzlocke I'd have failed 4 times by now : First battle, v Roark, v Mars at the Windworks and v Cheryl and her Drifloon. MVP of the run so far is probably Leonard : tanked Roark after his Geodude went down and tanked Mars' Purugly after Flare's Intimidate. If not him then it has to be Boreas, from getting him to Eterna Forest if they didn't resist him he hit like a truck. Dropped off a bit recently due to the only flaw I've found so far in the game, but he can still contribute.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My current Shield playthrough:
:rb/gyarados: :dp/garchomp: :bw/volcarona: :sm/lycanroc-dusk: :sm/mimikyu: :swsh/toxtricity:

My ideal Natdex playthrough:

:dp/infernape: :dp/staraptor: :dp/garchomp: :xy/greninja: :sm/mimikyu: :swsh/toxtricity:

My future BD/SP playthrough:

:dp/infernape: :dp/empoleon: :dp/staraptor: :dp/roserade: :dp/garchomp: :dp/weavile:

1617400788551.png

So I finally got a battery for my New 3DS (a third-party battery, sure, but it's better than a swollen battery) and decided to play Pokémon Y and approach it as if I played it when it came out - that is, trying to avoid including any non-Gen VI, non-reptilian Pokémon in my team.

... which means that I was forced to make an exception with Chespin, and I was only using two Pokémon until Route 9, but I was finally able to put Quilladin in the box and continue as if nothing happened.

UPDATE: Three days later, I've defeated Diantha and become the champion.

1617578343566.png

The most notable part comes from the fact I did get an Amaura from GTS. I was Wonder Trading and got a breedject Gible, which I used to ask for an Amaura. Luckily (for team balance), it was not a breedject, but one obtained during the story.

Then there's the story about the Goomy that was going to be the sixth team member until I remembered Avalugg, thus it was dropped before it could even fully evolve. Turned out to be a good choice, as Avalugg soloed Lysandre's Mega Gyarados, after Hawlucha did a Messi and missed a High Jump Kick against the ace.

The Skrelp was solely used for Surf (which Heliolisk already had, but still) and Waterfall. Which is why I nicknamed it as the service used to travel from Argentina to Uruguay by ship.

Last edited:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright, fellas. Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke (with added challenge) team time. I haven't had the time to play for a while. First it was the brutal month of March, and now it's been busy weekends one after another, followed by the just passed Easter break. That being said, here's my team when I left off. I'll be dominating the Dewford Gym after I do some training for some newer team members. Note that Magikarp is on and off for reasons I hope are obvious by now.

1617595445378.png

(Note: That's not me. Kind of. I'm a guy. There's a cool reason behind the female trainer name choice. Let me know if you can figure it out.)

One more thing: I'm currently "suspect testing" Whismur. Echoed Voice off of a (potential) 100% Nuzlocke encounter is absolutely insane. If anyone has any input on banning Whismur for how OP she is, let me know. I'll make a decision after the Gym is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)