Power Creep: DPPt OU v. BW UU! (Round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Introduction

Everyone has been impressed with the power creep of BW. The increase in power of Pokemon in BW has been so impressive, that UU has come into its own as a tier respected for high-powered battles. When people say "the lower tiers," in BW, they often mean only RU and NU--wait, when did UU become a higher tier? Probably about the same time people started comparing it to DPP OU. It's become a pretty common notion that there are startling similarities between BW UU and DPP OU-- not to mention the Pokemon, with top DPP OU threats like Azelf, Zapdos, Kingdra, Flygon, Swampert, Bronzong, Machamp, etc. etc. etc. finding themselves amongst UU's ranks. Well here's the tournament to finally settle the score. This team will feature head-to-head match-ups between these metagames, and give us an insight into which metagame really is (was?) stronger.

On one hand, DPP's packing some bad-ass beasts that still wreck OU today, like Tyranitar, Scizor, Heatran and Gyarados... on the other side, UU's got all sorts of new (and old) tricks up its sleave, with Pokemon like Darmanitan, Regenerator Slowbro, Mew, and Scald Suicune in the wings. Which side will rise to the top? Let's get this tournament going!

The newest BW OU list is out, and we will use it. (Unfortunately, nothing dropped, while Deo-D got banned to BL T^T )

Rules:

... General Tournament Rules
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Fifth Generation
  • DW UBERS (in order to allow DPP Only Items and Blaze Blaziken)
  • Single Elimination
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Matches must be conducted on Pokemon Online
  • KEEP LOGS PLEASE!!~
  • Team Preview will be turned off, NO WIFI CLAUSE bringing battle conditions more in line with DPP OU-- a creative challenge for UU players.
NO TEAM PREVIEW IN THIS TOURNAMENT

Format:

Tournament matches will be a best of 3, with a format as follows:

Round 1: Player A: DPP OU v. Player B: BW UU
Round 2: Player A: BW UU v. Player B: DPP OU
Round 3: Both players free to use a DPP OU team OR a BW UU Team

So, both players will have a chance to use both metagames, and the first two matches will also be DPP OU v. BW UU. In the 3rd round, you will pick one.

important: Even in round 3, you cannot mix BW UU Pokemon and DPP OU Pokemon onto the same team!!

Rules for DPP OU Teams

• Standard DPP OU Teams (-rotom formes)
  • All BW-Only Pokemon, Moves, Items, and Abilities are banned (No Dream World Abilities, no Scald, no Eviolite, no BW Pokemon, etc. etc.)
  • All Pokemon listed on the DPP Uber List are banned (including Mew and Deoxys-D).
  • All items available in DPP OU are allowed! (Feel free to use pinch berries, etc. Bring your Petaya Empoleon)
  • All Rotom-A formes are banned, an unfortunate decision, seeing as how these play a key part of DPP OU, but considering how they can't get their Ghost-type in these matches, I decided they were in poor spirit of this tournament. Besides, you need to shark to get them on wifi anyway...
Essentially, your team should be as if you JUST transferred it over, except you can bring your items and can't bring your rotom-formes.

Rules for BW UU Teams

• Standard BW UU Teams
  • All BW Uber, OU, and BL Pokemon are banned.
  • BW UU Teams are limited to BW available items (NO PETAYA EMPOLEON)

PLEASE SAVE THE LOGS
(And send them to me)
This tournament is an interesting chance to see which of the two tiers is stronger. As the tournament host, I'd like to request that all logs be sent to me. Of course, there will be NO consequences for not saving the logs, but I want to collect as many of them as possible. OF COURSE none of the logs will be disclosed until the tournament is finished-- so be sure that I will not release any team information. I just want to have the logs as a good record of the tournament.

When a match is over, please PM me an aesoft replay private link, or attach the log file and e-mail it to me at meiwaku.dake@gmail.com

Tournament matches between 2 players will be a best of 3 rounds, with a format as follows:

Round 1: Player A: DPP OU v. Player B: BW UU
Round 2: Player A: BW UU v. Player B: DPP OU
Round 3: Both players free to use a DPP OU team OR a BW UU Team

So, both players will have a chance to use both metagames, and the first two matches will also be DPP OU v. BW UU. In the 3rd round, you will pick one.
^This seems to not have been highlighted enough, as several users have already asked me about which player uses what tier. :| Make sure you have at least 2 teams (a DPP OU team and a BW UU team) before going into your match... you will need both...

Bracket: Downloadable PDF Bracket

1. Trollmonchan vs Tobes
  2. Ningildo vs Eraddd
  3. Snunch vs M Dragon
  4. -Manu- vs DetroitLolcat
  5. Maaf vs Steven Snype
  6. FlareBlitz vs LighTz911
  7. undisputed vs wilson46
  8. Brotom vs TalkingLion
  9. Giga Punch vs DarkLoïc
  10. McMeghan vs Heysup
  11. Pesadilla vs Biosci
  12. Tiffanyy vs Myso
  13. T-Dogg vs Eo Ut Mortus
  14. Lamppost vs eaglesrock
  15. Pedrock vs CriCri95
  16. SOMALIA vs Jellicent
  17. Pkrs vs FelixMinamimoto
  18. Frizy vs AlphaJolt
  19. kokoloko vs reachzero
  20. [K-12] The Madchine vs dragonboy52
  21. Novaray vs Rockhp31
  22. Temptation vs reyscarface
  23. kael vs Tomahawk9
  24. Raseri vs Cristal
  25. AkHolic vs MikeDecIsHere
  26. pokebasket vs SethZiBritannia
  27. Z-rex vs Kennen
  28. AnEntAmongMen vs SubakSupreme
  29. yee vs LuckOverSkill
  30. dragonuser vs Vinc2612
  31. KnightoftheWind vs Lakers
  32. Limitless vs Matrulez25

Deadline: May 7th (try to get on it guyz...)

Closed. For the winners, Blue = Activity / Green = Coin Flip

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
  1. Temptation vs reyscarface
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. Reyscarface didn't even contact me in first round ;)

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
First game=won
second game=unEVd vaporeon.. lost
third game=played flat out retarded and lost

gg pesadilla, good luck in the tourney

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I tried to play with Heysup lately but somehow, we couldn't meet each other.
Now he's leaving soon for some holidays.

So, this is just a post to say that we're in contact and we'll try to play as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)