ORAS UU Prankster

Hello UU Community, recently I decided to try the UU tier to find out that it's actually fun, as every other new player in a new tier, I was only using sample teams for a while, until I decided to create my first UU team that I think looks decent (after 2 fail teams). Anyways, this team was created because I wanted to use Mega Banette, many people say that banette is trash everywhere outside of RU, and I was one of those people before finding out that it has 165 base attack. With a ghost typing, prankster ability and a great attack stat I don't think it's that unviable. So that's how everything started.

Prankster

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

The star of the team, mega banette. It's a key mon on this team due to its prankster ability as well as its insane attack stat. The EV spread allows you to outspeed base 85 with no speed such as crocune. Destiny bond is one of the best moves in the game when packed with prankster, it lets you bring down threats that otherwise can 6-0 you (stares at abomasnow). Gunk shot is better than shadow claw IMO, because it does a good chunk to florges and to everything that is not a steel type. Shadow sneak also means that it is a great revenge killer.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse

Taunt Hydra helps me with stall, something mega bannete struggles with (not that much, but it can't beat it alone) Draco meteor and Dark pulse are the stabs of choice, and taunt roost destroys stall from team preview unless your opponent has a florges. With a good speed tier (Wish it was 100 tho) it can nuke slow teams with its Stabs, opening the field to shadow sneak spam. Also a decent chandelure check.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar
- Calm Mind

Really, this is my new favorite mon, CM Roar suicune is one of the best sets I've ever used, once its checks (heliolisk, whimsicott) are gone, your opponent loses to this. It also checks a lot of things at the same time such as Entei, Feraligatr and Mega aerodactyl. 20 speed lets you speed creep other standard crocunes, or even other cm roar cunes, so your roar goes first.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Mienshao forms a good offensive core with hydreigon and also hits like a truck. Reckless + High Jump Kick is overpowered, hands down, what doesn't resist it will get 2HKO'd/OHKO'd. It's a good late game cleaner and also has a move to get out of situations you can't deal with, u-turn. Stone edge hits crobat, which walls you otherwise.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- U-turn

Suicune had a lot of pressure, it had to deal with fightings, rain, and other threats, it couldn't do it alone. Whimsicott is the second prankster in this team and is also a key mon since it can encore threats in to set up moves and then u-turn in to something with roar. Also, another hydreigon check. Leech seed lets you beat crocune 1v1, not like it matters because you have your own crocune as well as taunt hydra.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

I lacked rocks and a way to deal with bird jesus. Mega beedrill was also kinda annoying, so I added mixed defenses rhyperior to deal with mentioned threats. Rock blast is a guaranteed OHKO on both if I get 2/4 hits. With solid rock and a decent base attack for a defensive rocker it is one of the best mons on the team nuking with EQs and rock blasts.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar
- Calm Mind

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- U-turn

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Hey TTFTW I really like your team here. My only real change is a change with Mega Banette. I understand you most likely built your team around this pokemon, but to put it bluntly, Mega Banette is not viable in ORAS UU. It really has no niche bar getting a 1 for 1 trade with Destiny Bond.

My one main suggestion is go for Mega Beedrill > Mega Banette. Mega Beedrill becomes your Fairy counter, revenge killer, and helps adds to your U-Turn Core with Whimsicott and Mienshao. Other than this change, your team looks very solid! I just have a few spreads changes and suggestions.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Drill Run / Knock Off / Swords Dance / Toxic Spikes / Defog(You have no way to remove hazards, so if you really wanted to, go for it haha)

Rhyperior should be Max Special Defense. You have two solid defensive pokemon, and Rhyperior thrives with the maximum amount of Special Defense it can get since its Spdef stat is so poor. You will also want to change it so a Careful Nature of course.

Stun Spore > Leech Seed on Whimsicott. Roar Cune and Taunt Hydrei(As you stated) can handle Suicune once it is Encored and Stun Spore helps with crippling set up sweepers as well as Stun Spore just being a solid last resort if all goes badly.

My last suggestion would be to try out Choice Band > Choice Scarf on Mienshao. You have Beedrill and Stun Spore on Whimsicott for any Revenge killing or for pokemon setting up Dragon Dances. Choice Band would really give that wall breaking ability that I think your team would absolutely love. Choice Banded Reckless High Jump Kick is something not to mess around with and can break pretty much any Defensive wall opening doors for Beedrill later in the match.

I really like this team with the changes I have suggested. I will try this team out for sure as I think it has potential and I will try and provide Replays of me using the team with the changes. Good luck, Bro!

Last edited:
I actually really like this team and wish you the best of luck with it. I cant call it the most effective thing ever but it looks hella fun to use and has an interesting concept. Its a good idea to run odd hp always unless you specificly need a certain % after a sub or drum. 248 hp on your spreads can help quite a bit.

One small change. I feel that prankster twave+taunt on Mbannete and prankster stun spore on whimsicott would allow you to play without scarf Mienshao. I'll let the OP chose his own replacement here because that gunk shot mbannete is too real for me.

Edit: the custom rhyp spread is actually pretty neat, looking at calc its really efficient at checking the threats he made it for.

Last edited:
Sup dude, cool team you got. I've thought about using Mega Bannette myself, but never got around to building a decent team with it. As for your team itself the only glaring issues that I see is are a lack of fairy resist and a Kyurem weakness. Because of this you're pretty much reliant on Suicune without Sleep Talk to force fairies out so I'm gonna suggest Poison Jab over Stone Edge on Mienshao to help check Fairies in a pinch. Stone Edge is certainly great for Crobat and Mence, but I feel like you check the other two fairly well between 2 bulky roar users and a prankster Encore for Mence.

As for your Kyurem weakness I don't really see much that can be done for it without changing the overall idea of your team other than running Timid 88 Speed Whims to outspeed Timid max speed Kyurem and threaten it out with a Moonblast. Kyurem is not too popular right now, so if you don't feel the need to sacrifice all that bulk on Whims I understand, but you should be running at least 8 Speed on it to at least outpace Adamant Hera.

Something minor to take into account is to run 240 HP on Cune so that you hit a leftovers number to maximize recovery. Those 12 extra EVs should go into either Def or Speed to either increase your bulk or get the jump on other RoarCunes. Not really gonna touch on what others have been saying about Stun Spore Whims and Banded Shao since those are more preferential changes so I'll just leave that up to you.

Hope I helped, good luck using this team in the future!

I'm glad you guys liked the team, about the suggested changes.

First I'll talk about the small ones, I accepted most of them.

Christo, I'll keep rhyperior's spread as it is since it helps me against stuff like mega beedrill (cune doesn't have sleep talk, so it's annoying if I decide to remove mienshao's scarf, even though I have stun spore in the back it's not THAT reliable) while also taking special hits decently well (Mega pidgeot is nolonger usable in the UU tier so I don't need to invest a lot in spdef).

Everyone suggested it, so stun spore over leech seed it is. And Hairy Toenail, I don't think I'm really weak to kyurem, the team probably seems a little weak to ice types in general since every ice resist I have is weak to their coverage. But maybe I'll try running some speed on whimsicott (probably enough for adamant hera, or even jolly if I want to).

And Christo, about the Mega Banette replacement, well the team was built around it so I don't know how that will work out, you said that you will provide replays so I will definitely see them and compare with my old team to see if it's more effective, I know that not having a fairy resist is a problem so...

Thanks everyone.

Here are a couple replays I have collected while using your team with my suggestions. I played in a room tournament with this team is the UU room and played by buddy Clarion in the second.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-252630954
This replay shows Stun Spore whims and Banded Mienshao putting in a lot of work. Mienshao 1hko'd a mega swampert. It shows how unexpected and threatening it is.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-252633895
This replay really shows Mega Beedrill putting in a ton of work as well as Stun Spore Whims and Banded Mienshao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)