Other Predictions for good leads from the new pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Klefki @ Leftovers
Prankster
Impish / Careful
252 HP / rest in Def and SpD according to what you want to survive since I'm too lazy to do calcs

Spikes
Thunder Wave
Foul Play
Play Rough

I see cries of "suicide lead" but I think Klefki has much more potential to stick around after Spikes are down. Klefki has plenty of opportunities to lay down Spikes with its excellent Fairy/Steel typing, rendering it weak only to Fire and Ground. Thunder Wave functions as ever useful status as well as giving Klefki utility after Spikes are down, while Foul Play is an excellent move on any defensive Pokemon to take big chunks out of would-be physical sweepers. I opted to use Fairy STAB on this set because it hits Tyranitar, Conkeldurr, and Breloom SE as well as having something to actually threaten Dragons with (OHKO Hydreigon wootwoot). If that doesn't float your boat, you can run screens with a decidedly different moveset.

I believe that with excellent typing and a great ability, Klefki should be built defensively. I'm excited about it because it seems to be a terror if played right.

Scarf Skill Link Cloyster does the same.
I like this idea, Cloyster could function as a good anti-lead this meta. I know this thread is about new pokes, but this is just an idea to primarily counter the inevitable influx of galv leads and the consequences of their dominance!

Cloyster @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Skill Link
25 HP / 252 Atk / 231 Spe
Jolly
-Rock Blast
-Icicle Spear
-Razor Shell
-Ice Shard

Icicle Spear works to break sash on Galv sets and KO it easily, while Rock Blast can 1HKO Sash'd anti-lead Weavile, the only other reliable counter to stop sash'd Galvantula getting up sticky web:
252 Atk Skill Link Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 320-380 (113.87 - 135.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO

231 Spe EVs + Jolly nature means it outspeeds Weavile. Razor Shell can 2HKO and take a large dent out of Anti-lead Infernape: 252 Atk Cloyster Razor Shell vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 264-312 (90.1 - 106.48%). Aside from this, Razor Shell is advantageous by hitting mons like Lucario, Heatran and Ttar harder, especially Heatran in a gen where many special water attacks won't be hitting Heatran nearly as hard with Assualt Vest around.

While Scarf'd Cloyster does seem a bit gimmicky at first just for the sake of slaying pesky Galvantula leads whom many expect to be a very popular choice this meta, Icicle Spear is still very potent unboosted, and scarf'd Cloyster can outspeed and 1HK0 mons such as lati@s and +1 boosted Dragonite with it.

Sorry for any potential newbiness, only started casually reading up on competitive battling @ my join date. Oh, and this is my first post! :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)