тaвle oғ conтenтѕ
  • ιnтrodυcтιon
  • тeaмвυιldιng
  • тeaм overvιew
  • deтaιled analyѕeѕ
  • conclυѕιon
    • ιмporтaвle
ιnтrodυcтιon

Welcome to my STABmons RMT, pressure. This RMT is being posted to hopefully shed some insight to the more diverse portions of the STABmons tier, and to allow newer players an easy team to pick up and play with. Credits to Trinitrotoluene for a format which is quite similar to the one I will be using; in fact, their format is the format that I will mostly be following.

This team is a standard balanced team that you will find, coming with a powerful fire | water | grass core alongside strong defensive backbones in Hippowdon + Clefable. It features a threat that has fallen in the newest STABmons chance, in which Pokemon may only pick from added status moves or added attack moves, with Stoutland making an appearance. This team was actually created several months ago, but I've used it extensively in that time frame. As for credits of the team, it has not won any major tournaments as STABmons is not a format that has large tournaments; however, it has won many Other Metas room tournaments and several ladder matches for what it is worth. The team plays fairly simply: use appropriate switching and keep up pressure throughout the match to overpower the opponent and win. Throughout building the team, I always kept in mind supporting my main method of winning: Mega Charizard X. However, I will not fill the introduction with this spiel; I will save that for the teambuilding section.
My hopes for this team were to make a successful team that would be able to handle the majority of threats, and I like to think that it has achieved this. Besides very select threats, namely Kyurem-B, not much can effectively overpower my team flat out and win without much trouble. I'm primarily an offensive player, but I've found this team has been quite a bit more consistent thanks to the added defensive prowess. The song selection for this has to do with the pressure that applies to the opponent through my team, but also because I really like the song. And The 1975. Definitely recommend the band if you're into alternative / slower music. Anyways, enough jibber jabber! Let's get into the meat of the whole RMT.
тeaмвυιldιng

I began with Mega Charizard X as my starting point. Thanks to its incredibly powerful V-Create, amazing defensive and offensive options, all alongside a great deal of strength, I felt it was a great choice to start off any team. At first, I decided to go with an offensive team, so my original set was Dragon Dance. However, this has since been changed to be more accustomed to my playstyle.

Next, Serperior was the obvious choice. Since Mega Charizard X hates Ground- and Water-types, and since Serperior hates Fire- and Steel-types, the two naturally formed an amazing core. Serperior is great to spread Sleep, launch off powerful Leaf Storms, and I honestly would consider it one of the best Pokemon in the current metagame. If only Weavile didn't exist...

So since Ice-types are troubling, along with select Flying-types (namely Thundurus), I added Rotom-Wash. This also created a trifecta of a core, and provided pivoting options to aid the team. Rotom-W hard counters Landorus-T, which was sort of troubling to the core if it wielded a Choice Scarf. Rotom-W also aids in checking Weavile and Kyurem-B, but it's still shaky to both. Finally, another Mega Scizor counter never hurts!

At this point, I was tying to find a Stealth Rock setter. I almost decided with Terrakion, since it would make the team overall more offensive. This isn't a bad choice per say, but I was starting to realize that I wanted this to be a more balanced team, so I chose Hippowdon. Hippowdon offers chip damage, an excellent fallback, and great Spikes support. Overall a great Pokemon.

Clefable seemed like the obvious choice here. No need to worry about Mega Scizor since I already have three solid checks, and it provides additional paralysis support for Mega Charizard X. This slot could be alternativaly changed for Klefki, and Hippowdon for Terrakion, but that's another RMT for another time haha. Anyways, Clefable serves as a check to a bunch of Pokemon, especially Weavile and Thundurus. Great way to end matches after Steel-types are removed from play as well.

The final Pokemon was a toss up between Stoutland, Kangaskhan, and Scizor. Ultimately, I decided that the utility Stoutland provides is much more necessary and useful. Kangashan provided nearly the same support, but with less bulk, while Scizor offered an all-around check to Pokemon, more pivoting, and Bullet Punch. However, I decided against it since I felt that FakeSpeed > Bullet Punch and because I had no entry hazard removal. Sure, Scizor could've provided it, but then I have to run a defensive spread, and then Bullet Punch isn't going to be a great option. The two clashed too much, so in the end I decided Stoutland is the way to go.

An alternative team is running Terrakion > Hippowdon; Klefki > Clefable; Landorus-T > Stoutland. This makes a more offensive team if you're into it, but I preferred this team much more to that. Weavile could also be run over Stoutland. All of these Pokemon were considered, but they did not end up making the final cut. So without further ado, I present team pressure!
тeaм overvιew

нercυleѕ | ѕaтorι | anтι | neѕтed | lυnar | ѕpanιard
deтaιled analyѕeѕ

ѕoυrce

мega cнarιzard х [нercυleѕ] | charizardite x | blaze -> tough claws
jolly | 252 atk / 4 def / 252 spe
will-o-wisp | v-create | earthquake | roost

Mega Charizard X is one of the best Mega Pokemon in all of STABmons, only competing with Mega Slowbro in my opinion. With tremendous power behind V-Create, great coverage options, and excellent typing, it's no wonder that it's one of the most used Pokemon. Being the base for this team, Mega Charizard X obviously has a lot on his back. I opted for a fast, offensive powerhouse. With a somewhat unconventional spread and moveset, Mega Charizard X can surprise some things with a nasty Will-O-Wisp and cripple them for the rest of the match. This is especially important since Mega Charizard X is able to outspeed two offensive threats to my team: Landorus-T and Kyurem-B. It also is able to tank one hit from Weavile, should it not be set to sleep. Here are a few calculations to show Will-O-Wisp's value.

252 Atk burned Landorus-T Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 195-229 (65.6 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [Offensive]​
4 Atk burned Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 136-162 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 53.9% chance to 2HKO [Defensive]
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt burned Kyurem-B Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 109-130 (36.7 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Teravolt burned Kyurem-B Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 127-150 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb burned Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 78-92 (26.2 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Having Will-O-Wisp is an essential tool that I have found. Of course Mega Charziard X could run a more defensive spread, but I'm going for brute force with a twist. Besides Will-O-Wisp, we have V-Create, which reaches astounding levels. Alongside Tough Claws and STAB, V-Create hits at a grand total of 351 power. That's quite astounding! While it does have a nasty effect, it is effectively one of the most powerful attacks in the game. What it brings to the table is really smashing in Stall. Here are a few calculations to demonstrate.

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 517-609 (80.5 - 94.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes​
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 342-403 (87 - 102.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 241-285 (79.2 - 93.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

So you get the gist of it. Power. The hardest counter to this monster is Mega Slowbro, however, which Mega Charizard X only 3HKOes with high rolls, burn damage, and entry hazards. So you can see, Mega Charizard X is hard to switch into! Heatran also is immune, but that's where Earthquake comes in. Earthquake hits Rock-types and Heatran, and has a nice niche in the fact that it can hit Steel-types that are using King's Shield to lure Mega Charizard X into using V-Create to lower its Attack; only to be donked in return when they see that it was not being used! Roost plays a valuable and key role to Mega Charizard X's success. Due to V-Create's negative side effects, Mega Charizard X's weakness to Stealth Rock, and overall susceptibility to Toxic and Thunder Wave, Roost makes it so that Mega Charizard X maintains usefulness throughout the match. It also makes it so that Mega Charizard X can play mindgames before Mega Evolving if absolutely needed, but only in emergency situations.

To effectively utilize Mega Charizard X, one has to effectively capitalize on the monster's ability to force switches like there is no tomorrow. Typical checks, such as the aforementioned Mega Slowbro, don't appreciate being smacked with a Will-O-Wisp. Reading the opponent and making solid predictions is crucial in success with Mega Charizard X. V-Create also must be used sparingly. With the drops, Mega Charizard X will nearly always be switching out again after using it. Think of it like Flare Blitz on Charizard in Super Smash Brothers; use it when you can optimally punish or else it will leave you in a terrible situation. Be careful with Water-types in play while using V-Create, as Pokemon such as Suicune and Gyarados can handle the tyrant's smash. This is where Serperior comes in, but that's not our current topic at hand! Mega Charizard X is a powerful Pokemon that must be used with caution in order to thrive, so use it as such!

Alternative options for Mega Charizard X include Dragon Dance over Will-O-Wisp, and Dragon Claw fitting its way onto the set. These options aren't bad, per say, but I do not prefer using them to the moves on this set because they all fit a key role, and without them, it will not function the same. An interesting option that resident gay Eevee General likes to use is Tailwind. And I have to say, it's a very interesting set. Perhaps I'll use it more in-depth next time. However, on this team, Tailwind doesn't serve the largest purpose and it doesn't really help Mega Charizard X do what it needs to more efficiently in this specific scenario, so I passed on it. Besides that, the EV spread is really interchangeable. An Adamant nature is worthwhile if you'd like, but it removes the ability to outspeed Kyurem-B and Landorus-T and cripple them with a Will-O-Wisp. A bulkier spread could be used as well, but then again, you've gotta watch for Speed investment.

ѕoυrce
ѕerperιor [ѕaтorι] | miracle seed | contrary
timid | 4 def / 252 spa / 252 spe | 1 atk iv / 30 spa ivs / 30 spd ivs
spore | leaf storm | dragon pulse | hidden power ground

Serperior is, in my opinion, the absolute best Special Attacker in STABmons bar Thundurus. Now mind you, I do just have a very large bias towards Serperior since it's one of my favorite Pokemon and I think it's great; I do openly admit that! However, all bias and jokes aside, Serperior is a potent serpent which is not to be messed around with. With its newfound access to Spore, a recent decline in Talonflame use, and the rise of Mega Slowbro, Serperior has every tool and asset it needs to become a top tier threat. Serperior plays a crucial role in my team in cleaning up later in the match, offering a counter to the majority of Water-types, and having access to a Sleep move, which I believe every single STABmons team needs. With Serperior, my team functions better versus Water-types in general, and versus bulkier teams.

Spore is quite standard on Serperior, and I do believe it's the best option to run. The ability to cripple dangerous Pokemon, such as Heatran, Chansey, and Kyurem-B, are all reasons that one would choose to run it. Besides this, it allows for more set up opportunities and can come in clutch late in the match when Serperior is fighting to win. Spore really is essential! Leaf Storm is an obvious STAB move, which packs incredible power behind it. Really, Serperior is not able to function without Leaf Storm. Do not expect to get to +6; that is unrealistic. Instead, expect either a +2 or, if you're lucky, a +4. Here are some calculations that you might find interesting that demonstrate Leaf Storm's power.

+4 252 SpA Miracle Seed Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 271-319 (42.2 - 49.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252 SpA Miracle Seed Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 313-370 (102.9 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Miracle Seed Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 211-250 (47.5 - 56.3%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Miracle Seed Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 97-114 (24.8 - 29.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after 1 layer of Spikes (enough to break a Substitute and nab a boost in time of need; making it a bit more useful than Dragon Pulse in this regard)
Although Serperior's Special Attack stat is lacking, Leaf Storm's power and boosting really make up for it. Dragon Pulse is the next move of choice. Without Dragon Pulse, Latias, Latios, and Kyurem-B would otherwise wall Serperior completely. But no!

+2 252 SpA Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 206-244 (64.5 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage
+2 252 SpA Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 238-280 (79.5 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage (KOes after a Leaf Storm)
+2 252 SpA Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 282-332 (72.1 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes (KOes after a Leaf Storm)
Dragon Pulse's strong damage against Dragon-types is what makes it so needed. Alternatively, people run something alongside the lines of Substitute. However, I feel this is a very subpar usage of Serperior because the coverage you miss out on will matter in the long run, while the Substitute is much, much more situational and will not be as useful in most matches. My final coverage move of choice is Hidden Power Ground. Heatran is the primary target, but it also hits other Steel-types such as Klefki, which otherwise fair quite well against Serperior. Hitting Heatran is crucial, as otherwise it completely walls Serperior, and that's no good. Hidden Power Fire is often ran, but I've found the coverage it provides is just not useful. Gyro Ball-lacking Ferrothorn get beat in the end regardless, and Hidden Power Fire is limiting to your coverage bar Skarmory. I highly do not suggest running it, but I do see *some* merit I guess!

A very viable other option for Serperior is Giga Drain. I've been meaning to experiment an Assault Vest set with Giga Drain over Spore, but Spore being passed up is just so tragic. Giga Drain, alongside Leftovers, really gives Serperior a ton more longevity. However, I don't think it's completely useful because Leaf Storm's limited PP means that Giga Drain will be the only attack after awhile, and Serperior isn't exactly brute force without a boost. Rocky Helmet is another option I've been meaning to try, alongside a bulkier spread. Taken directly from Battle Spot sets, I believe the set has merit in STABmons. Countering Azumarill is cash, and being a hard stop to most physical Water-types is excellent. Taunt is the only other option I think has merit. Stallbreaking with it is easy money, and it's overall a great move to have. Though, giving up coverage is frowned upon in my book, and every single move on this set is essential to Serperior's success.

Speaking of Serperior's success, one has to be very careful in using Serperior. If you attempt to set up too early, Serperior will be lackluster and will not shine. I always wait until the opposing team is moderately weakened, then preying upon this to take out the holes already poked by Mega Charizard X. However, don't underestimate Serperior's bulk! Use it to scare off a Water-type, and shoot off an occasional Spore or even a coverage move if you're feeling risky. No competent player will switch in their Heatran directly to Serperior without scouting its coverage, so be sure to either a.) hide your coverage until necessary or b.) play mindgames by luring it in and smacking it with it. Both work in conjunction to each other as well. Serperior can be an amazing Pokemon, and a top tier threat, as long as you have the capacity to make it work and the ability to effectively pull of Leaf Storms, which can be somewhat tricky to do. Practice makes perfect!

ѕoυrce

roтoм-waѕн [anтι] | leftovers | levitate
calm | 248 hp / 72 def / 188 spd | 0 atk ivs
nuzzle | scald | volt switch | pain split

Ahh... Rotom-Wash. One of my least favorite Pokemon of all time makes an appearance. While it does have many glaring weaknesses, I just... Needed it! Rotom-Wash in STABmons serves as a blanket check to many physical and special attackers alike. With Nuzzle and Scald, it's able to switch up what status it is spreading and cripple as needed. Its purpose on my team is to pivot, spread Scald or Nuzzle when necessary, and take a few hits. Rotom-Wash has excellent synergy alongside Mega Charizard X and Serperior as well, so it's just a natural fit for my team. Since Rotom-W is used primarily to wall, it's got to have that synergy!

Rotom-Wash's moveset is fairly standard. The EV spread is nothing special, just your typical mixed defenses. Nuzzle is an excellent asset on Rotom-Wash because it allows it to cripple what it's walling: DD Kyurem-B and Mega Scizor. Otherwise, it would have to rely on Scald. I'm personally not a fan of taking that risk, so I prefer to cripple them with Nuzzle. Scald is actually an amazing move, as one would expect, on Rotom-Wash. I'm not sure how to explain it since it's one of the most well known moves out there, so I'm not going to waste space! Pain Split is an interesting move to say the least. It's an alright form of recovery, but it's not very reliable and it's just used as a last resort.

An interesting thing about Rotom-Wash is that it's not actually half bad as a lead. While it may seem odd, Scald and Volt Switch make it very worthwhile. Besides this, Rotom-Wash obviously plays the role of pivoting. Some example hits are Landorus-T and Weavile, but Rotom-Wash must be careful. Despite Rotom-Wash's seemingly nice bulk, it's actually quite easy to overwhelm, sadly. Using it is a risky thing to do since it can be flimsy at times, and Rotom-Wash isn't exactly that hard to take advantage of via Substitute. I'm personally not a fan of Rotom-Wash, and I'm really hoping that someone can offer a suggestion!

I've found that Rotom-Wash has a bunch of alternative options, however. On an early trial of this team, I ran Expert Belt with Hidden Power Fire. That set was awesome! I'm considering switching back to that, since it worked a lot more efficiently in my opinion. Besides that, nothing really stands out. I could opt potentially for a Choiced set, but I don't see it being very valuable to my team overall. So really, I need some suggestions on how to improve this team slot.

ѕoυrce

нιppowdon [neѕтed]
| leftovers | sand stream
impish | 248 hp / 252 def / 8 spd
spikes | whirlwind | slack off | earthquake
Hippowdon is one of the greatest defensive assets out there, and it truly forms a glue to hold this team together. With an excellent defensive typing, great bulk, and support it provides; how could one not want to run this thing? Obviously Landorus-T gives Hippowdon some competition, but the sheer amount of Pokemon that Hippowdon single-handedly takes is too far above Landorus-T to make the competition fair. This Hippowdon set is being used because it fills into very specific team needs, specifically Spikes support and walling Terrakion. Speaking of walling...
252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 164-192 (39.1 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Landorus-T Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 150-177 (35.7 - 42.2%) -- 89% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 153-183 (36.4 - 43.5%) -- 98.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 218-260 (51.9 - 61.9%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 176-210 (41.9 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 138-163 (32.8 - 38.8%) -- 5.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​
Yeah, Hippowdon's got some bulk! However, it does admittedly lack on the special side of things, hence Clefable. Hippowdon can not afford to run a Specially Defensive set because otherwise it wouldn't wall the above threats, and they are all important to have checks to. I feel that, currently, Physically Defensive Hippowdon is the better defensive stat to invest in.

For my team, Hippowdon provides Spikes support, which is crucial. As demonstrated in the calculations I posted with my Mega Charizard X analysis up above, Spikes turns many shaky 2HKOes into solid, accurate 2HKOes. It also helps Serperior longer in the match, as the switches the two make are punished with Spikes. Whirlwind is crucial. I could also run Toxic, but the problem is this: it leaves me completely unable to do anything to Mega Scizor, or Substitute Pokemon. Whirlwind is a wonderful way to stop set up sweepers, as Hippowdon can often act as a "buffer" to these dangerous set up Pokemon. Slack Off is mandatory, of course, otherwise Hippowdon wouldn't be so great. Earthquake is my final moveslot since it makes Hippowdon not totally demolished by Taunt.

Using Hippowdon is a bit easy compared to the other members of the team. Switch it in to wall a physical attacker, set a layer of Spikes here and there, or use Slack Off. There's really nothing exciting about Hippowdon aha. Do watch out for Pokemon such as Suicune, whom threaten with their attacks but you may need to use Hippowdon to Whirlwind away. Suicune in particular is an annoyance, as it threatens to hit with a Scald, or set up more Calm Minds, so it's a very hard situation for Hippowdon. I typically Whirlwind, even if I take massive damage. It prevents it from sweeping my team otherwise I guess.

The only other viable option for Hippowdon to run is Stone Edge or Rock Tomb. Rock Tomb in particular is something I just have to mention. Used it for awhile, and it was sick. The only issue is Serperior, if they switch in, will get a Speed boost and be hard to stop. Stone Edge is more consistent (who would've thought somebody would say that about Stone Edge?!) and is just overall better, however. I guess Fangs and Toxic hold merit, but I'm not advising the use of those. Specially Defensive spread is a no no for the reasons I mentioned above, so that's pretty much it!

ѕoυrce

cleғaвle [lυnar] | leftovers | magic guard
calm | 252 hp / 160 def / 96 spd | 0 atk ivs
thunder wave | soft-boiled | calm mind | moonblast

Clefable, Clefable, Clefable. This little bundle of moonlight is the second half of the central glue of this team. This set isn't exactly standard, so allow me to explain it. Thundurus is a huge threat to my team, but Clefable is my main check to it. I am able to stomach one Thunderbolt, set up a Calm Mind, and instantly have the advantage. Calm Mind is used in an unconventional manner, but it also works in a way somewhat close to normal. Clefable overall is an excellent Pokemon that can fit many roles, and adjust to really anything that you could ever want in just one Pokemon!

The choice of Magic Guard or Unaware was a bit iffy for me, but I decided on Magic Guard for numerous reasons. Firstly, Moonlight. Moonlight + Sand ≠ healthy Clefable. With only recovering 25% health while Sand is active, I just couldn't have that happening. Sand + entry hazards also put a damper on Clefable's parade, preventing it from checking Thundurus. Magic Guard and Unaware both have merits, however, and I have considered the opportunity that it provides with each ability, and Magic Guard is just all-around better for what is intended to do. Clefable's EV spread is enough to only be 2HKOed by a Thundurus Thunder Bolt, and it is overall nice bulk otherwise. Great all-around check for a ton of Pokemon.

Thunder Wave is an awesome move, and Clefable is an awesome abuser. Thunder Wave really helps allow me to spam V-Create and let both Mega Charizard X and Serperior shine. Alongside Rotom-Wash, paralysis is easy to get off on the opponent. If you haven't noticed yet, I have a lot of status on my team! Three methods of paralysis, two of burn, and one of freeze. In my opinion, you can never have too many statuses to keep the opponent at a disadvantage! I already explained the usage of Calm Mind, and Soft-Boiled is self explanatory. Moonblast is obviously Clefable's STAB move of choice, and also has this neat little use to it.

+1 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 178-210 (59.5 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 110-133 (27.9 - 33.7%) -- 93.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
It's surprisingly powerful, and can allow Clefable a chance to sweep later in the match with a few Calm Minds under its belt. Though Moonblast is seldom used, it still does have a few nice little niches and reasons to use it.

Clefable being used as a Thundurus check must be very cautious. If you switch directly into Thundurus, then Clefable is going down. This means you have to either a.) sack something and go into Clefable, or b.) pivot directly into Clefable with a hard read or Volt Switch. Option A is something that is not advised, but is a last case scenario if you must. Clefable overall shouldn't be randomly switching into things. Despite Soft-Boiled, great typing, and an excellent bulk, Clefable just can't wall it all and will be overwhelmed if too much is poured onto it at once. Be careful while using the moon Pokemon!

Fire Blast is something I've considered; or even Ice Beam. Both have their merits. Fire Blast nails Steel-types, and Ice Beam smacks Landorus-T and Thundurus, which would always come in handy. However, mono Fire / Ice without STAB is not a very good only move, and giving up any of the other three moves is just not an option. Cosmic Power can be used over Calm Mind if you really want to, but the Special Attack boost from Calm Mind is generally better. Heal Bell is an option, and it can be used over Thunder Wave if you would really like it to be, but I've not been needing it. Finally, Clefable can run Knock Off or Focus Blast to hit Gengar and Heatran, respectively. But honestly, just using Thunder Wave to cripple them should suffice.

ѕoυrce

ѕтoυтland [ѕpanιard] | silk scarf | scrappy
adamant | 248 hp / 188 atk / 72 spe
fake out | extreme speed | rapid spin | thunder wave

Meet the final member of my team, Stoutland. Stoutland took a hit with the recent STABmons transitions as well, but the doggy is still alive and swinging in my book. Personally, I've always been fond of it over Kangaskhan and Ursaring. The main reason for this is the unexpectedness, the great power and bulk, and its overall uniqueness. On my team, it serves as an excellent way to deter set up, halt set up, and remove entry hazards. It also spreads paralysis, which I am absolutely in love with, if you couldn't tell already. Ah yes, the infamous Thunder Wave Stoutland. Catches everyone off guard, almost always comes in clutch. I probably shouldn't have revealed that via RMT, since I tend to run it on nearly all of my Stoutland... but eh... the cat's out of the bag I guess!

Fake Out and Extreme Speed together create the infamous FakeSpeed combination. The two are such high priority, and Stoutland's decent Speed stat make them work well together. The specific EV spread I have above was for something specific... But I can't remember. Again, I made this team months ago, so my memory is a little bit foggy. Anyways, Stoutland is incredibly powerful, as the look may be deceiving. Rapid Spin and Scrappy are a great combination because it's unblockable. Thunder Wave is my final slot, and it's always unexpected. Went over this above, so just scroll up a little bit to see more!

Stoutland's other options were something I had a lot of trouble figuring out. I knew the first three move slots in order, but the final moveslot... What to run? Superpower allows me to hit Steel-types, Fire Fang hits those, minus Heatran plus Scizor, and random utility like Substitute and Pursuit all seemed viable. I decided to go with Thunder Wave, as I've already mentioned repeatedly. Honestly, however, I'd likely switch it for Superpower if I wanted to. The two are so good, it's all a matter of preference. So if you're using this team and happen to be in the same situation I am, go with your gut. Mine told me Thunder Wave, but who knows, perhaps yours is telling you to go with Superpower.

To properly use Stoutland, scout for Steel-types. As this set is mono Normal coverage, it can't hit Steel- or Rock-types. Every other member on my team, bar Clefable, handles these Pokemon, however. Also, be careful around Fighting-types. With only one resist to them, they have to be played around very carefully. Another important thing is the use of the damagecalc. Figure out how much your FakeSpeed is likely going to do. Trust me, it improves your play with Stoutland by ten fold!
conclυѕιon

Here we are, at the end of the road. I bid you adieu, good reader. Thank you for taking your time to read through my RMT, and thank you in advance for any and all comments that are made for the this team's improvement! And with that, I wish you best of luck against the pressure~!

ιмporтaвle
hercules (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- V-create
- Earthquake
- Roost

satori (Serperior) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Substitute
- Spore
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

anti (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nuzzle
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

nested (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

lunar (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

spaniard (Stoutland) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Rapid Spin
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Wave

:toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)