Pro lagg - Help PLEASE!!! XY Pokemon team (Need Opinions)

Hiya, I need a bit of help on this Pokemon X and Y team and this is I believe my first post that I will actually spend time with so please bare with me. :D Soooooo I have made this team in thoughts of making an OP type of team with some of my favorite Pokemon and some that have made my rage after getting wrecked by them. I play in the OU tier on Pokemon Showdown in which I can change around the team pretty frequently and I don't use any Legendary. Currently, this team suffers from priority abusers named Talonflame and others... But, without further introduction I give to you my team. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Showdown Name - Pro lagg ( yes, I know how to spell lag )

Replay of me beating my friend :D - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109078100
( It's an older replay of my team that I laid out )

Note: BOLD is the original set and RED is the suggested sets and BLUE is the current set

Pokemon Changes

- Conkeldurr
- Charizard Y (Mega)
- Grumpig to Sylveon

- Garchomp
- Scizor
- Porygon2 to Mandibuzz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Preview

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Suggested Sets
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb / Life Orb / Leftovers / Assault Vest (AV)
Ability: Guts / Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef / --- (lefties) 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe / --- (AV) 252 Atk / 252 Hp / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Bulk Up

- A personal favorite of mine, conkeldurr strikes fear into the heart of the opposing team with a menacing 416 attack and 414 HP. Knock off has grown on me as it destroys all types of sets wether it be a choice band set, sitrus berry set, choice scarf set, leftovers etc. Drain punch is for recovery to provide a type of longevity to conkeldurr and Mach punch for priority. Thunder Punch has been chosen due to coverage and that Sylveon now covers dragons with Hyper Voice and focus sash. Assault Vest is the current choice as other items prove invaluable. The EV spread is to maximize power with a bit of longevity.

Charizard Z (Charizard-Mega-Y) (F) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Air Slash

Suggested Sets
Charizard Z (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP --- 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def /
Modest Nature / Timid
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast / Roost
- Dragon Pulse / Earthquake / Air Slash

- This is a Pokemon who can just sweep without a doubt in mind. I bring to you, Charizard Y. Now some might be thinking USE FIRE BLAST OR HEAT WAVE but I ain't about dat life. My luck is just gone and rarely do I use non accurate moves so I just went for flamethrower which also gets a boost from drought and is stab so I think I'm fine for now. Charizard Y really was great for me because usually I like offensive types of Pokemon and whenever I use a special attacker, it's just bad but I believe I found something good this time. With an amazing 458 special attack stat, it's sure to do at least some damage. I went for solar beam for coverage and air slash for fighting types which just wall the team without it.

(Garchomp and Charizard Y core) Charizard Y kills physical and Garchomp kills special ---

Sylveon (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

- Sylveon is one of the two support beams to my team along with Mandibuzz. Focus Sash is here for dragons along with Hyper Voice after receiving a normal to fairy bonus due to Pixilate. Typical Wish / Protect set for extra longevity for itself and other weakened Pokemon during the battle. Heal Bell provides extreme help also due to status moves mostly named toxic, thunder wave, and WoW. During testing, I have concluded that this Pokemon just eats up special moves like no other! Fairy typing provides useful due to outrage users and dragon based moves. Other than that, this is a fairly new set to me as I have never used it before.

Note: Sylveon is new to the team

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 96 Spd / 252 Atk / 152 HP / 8 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

96 Speed EV = 264 Speed x .5 (scarf) = 396 which out-speeds everything but - faster choice scarfs, electrode, accelgor, deoxys (not def), and ninjask

Suggested Sets
Garchomp @ Life Orb / Focus Sash / Rocky Helmet / Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SAtk / 248 Spd --- 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def /
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Stealth Rock

- Garchomp is just a monster itself. Enough said.... --- Well being a ground type, I like it as part of my Charizard Y and Garchomp combo because I don't have to worry about electric type attacks and the only problem with the core is water based moves which is shut down with solar beam. Fire blast is sadly what move I must use as I've noticed in the past, if only one thing on ones team goes down with your only fire move, your screwed sooo I have 2!!! ( Boosted with drought up). Outrage is for stab which could also be replaced with dragon claw but path is a scarf set and power is needed so outrage it is. Everybody who's anybody knows the amazing coverage of EQ and SE. Overall, Garchomp is Garchomp.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

Suggested Sets
Scizor @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers or switch to suggested Skarm set
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP --- 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def /
Careful Nature / Impish
- Knock Off / U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

- Scizor is and shall be the best way to utilize U-Turn due to it being stab and what not :) Knock off is for predicting the switch or for ghost types while messing up existing sets the comes into terms with Scizor. Superpower is for dem Pink Blobs who SHALL NOT BE NAMED!!! Bullet Punch provides a stab, technician, priority move which destroys all life for those who know what's up... The EV selection just brings this havoc filing beast to life. This set acts a bit fragile but it's Scizor... LAST POKEMON!!!!

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

- Here is what I believe to be my only physical wall but comes with some great perks to my team and itself. Access to Roost and use of leftovers really tops this wall as it allows for extreme longevity (with Sylveon). Foul Play punishes those who wish to SS or DD as they will die upon impact! :D Defog is also a complete must because of Charizard Y who is weak to Stealth Rocks (but so is Mandibuzz.... but the show goes on). Whirlwind is also for set ups such as smeargle as it would sweep my team if this wasn't in existence of my team.

Note: Mandibuzz is new to the team

Threats

Dragons that outspeed Sylveon aka Dragonite with ExtremeSpeed / No taunt to be found / Another thing that I have started to notice is that most of my team can't take a physical attack well except for Mandibuzz / Talonflame, Mega Charizard X = sweep / Mega Mawile with sucker punch and foul play /Dual weakness to SR, rock moves, and water (Mandibuzz and Charizard Y) / Etc.

Leave YOUR opinion

If you're feeling like a REAL BOIII or lady of course ;) then leave your opinions down below and please be reminded that I can change because I use Pokemon Showdown and I'm very new to posing threads so be nice. GOOD LUCK :D

Last edited:
First off, I don't see much of a lead. Although, you don't really need one. In fact, leads have had a huge downfall since Generation 5. But into the sets....
Conkeldurr, in my experience, works better like this. If you don't like this, feel free to scrap the idea. Changes in Bold. (Except for the name.)

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

With Iron Fist + STAB, all Conkeldurr's are boosted by 70%. Drain Punch reaching 135 Base Power, Mach Punch reaching 72 Base Power, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Fire Punch reaching 90 Base Power. With Life Orb then added Drain Punch reaches about 175 Base Power. Also with your Grumpig having Heal Bell, the Flame Orb would be deactivated making Life Orb + Iron Fist the better option. Also, here are some unnecessary damage calculations...
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 220 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 296-351 (74.7 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.. If Celebi is hit on the switch, it's 50/50 because it has a 56.3% chance to OHKO you, if it's Modest + 252 SAtk.
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 322-382 (106.6 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO.. Again hit it on the switch.
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 385-458 (108.7 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 208-247 (68.4 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 265-315 (75.2 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
.. Ferrothorn can't do anything back.
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 533-632 (125.7 - 149%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 364-429 (122.1 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Grumpig... NO. Leave all that to Chansey.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Besides the element of surprise, Chansey does everything better than Grumpig. PERIOD.

By the way, I like your Scizor set.

Edit: Roost over Focus Miss Blast on Charizard Y. Also, 4 Def instead of HP so it can switch into Stealth Rock 3 times instead of 2.

Edit 2: Things to be aware of...
1 - Charizard Y takes 49% from Stealth Rocks
2 - Knock Off gets rid off Eviolite. BISHARP ALERT.
3 - http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/ Better Sprites :D

Last edited:
Hey! Thought of coming in and sharing a few thoughts.

I personally dislike Guts + Flame Orb Conkeldurr, as I don't think that's an effective set in OU. It gets worn down too fast, and is revenge killed very easily, since Fighting is a poor defensive typing, Mach Punch isn't very effective against a good bunch of Pokemon in OU. I suggest you try a Bulk Up set, replacing either Ice Punch or Knock Off with Bulk Up, and switching Flame Orb to Leftovers. It has an EV spread of 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Speed. Leftovers give you longevity, and with Bulk Up you can start taking physical hits, while regaining health with Drain Punch. The Attack boost you get from Bulk Up equals to the Guts boost, but you can get even more Attack if you catch a Status move, which isn't that hard in OU. Also, 20 Speed is suggested, so you can outspeed Hippowdon. I suggest you use Timid on Char-X, as otherwise you might get outsped by several Pokemon, such as Excadrill and Kyu-B. Now Grumpig is the real oddball in the team, and I think Clefable or Sylveon could work as a better special wall, giving you an answer to Fighting and Psychic-types. In addition to being clerics, they can also provide Wish support for your team.

One thing your team is seriously lacking is Stealth Rock. Even though you use Defog, you still needs SR, as the chip damage is invaluable, and you need to break those troublesome Sashes so you don't get revengekilled by random Pokemon. I think your Garchomp can use SR just fine, you could replace Stone Edge with it. As for item, you can try Rocky Helmet, since Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin works nice, or Focus Sash to ensure you get rocks up. Life Orb works decently, as you give some additional offensive pressure. I also question your need to have special defense EVs on Scizor, as he isn't very bulky even with that investment. I suggest you change the spread to 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with Impish nature to better take physical hits. Also, I'd switch Knock Off to U-turn, since it's a good momentum move. I would also choose Leftovers over Rocky Helmet, but if it works then feel free to use it. I think that's all, good luck with the team!

Thank you! Changes will be included shortly :) Also, if I include Chansey in by chance, how should I replace porygon2? (Eviolite)

-Grumpig for - Sylveon / Chansey

Ideas for a Sylveon set?

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey man, I got your message on my profile. This an interesting team that looks good but could definitely use some tweaks. One thing I would add that would help all of us rate your team now and in the future is some threats to this team. This will allow us to suggest new team members to seal up the holes in the team to make it as solid as possible. Not a huge deal though, this is what I would change:

Conkeldurr: AV Conkeldurr is the best set by far imo. I would not change to Life Orb as Conk is better suited as a bulky attacker and not to Lefties either and you'll see why with one of the pokes I suggest later. This is the set that I would suggest:

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Charizard-Y: The changes you made seem fine. Roost is a must on this set for sure, I would THINK about switching Dragon Pulse to Earthquake however simply to hit Heatran which completely walls this set. This is something that you should test though since your team can handle Heatran fine and Dragon Pulse has better coverage overall.

Grumpig: Ya, Grumpig is for sure the member you need to change the most. As a cleric, I agree with you that Sylveon is the best possible choice (having Chansey and Porygon 2 on the team makes you fear Knock Off way too much) this is the set I would recommend:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell/Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Garchomp: I like the set, I would suggest Choice Scarf as your item though. Helps Garchomp outspeed all threats and we all know he hits hard already.

Scizor: This is a way to use Scizor for sure but, to be honest, it isn't that good of a way. You definitely need Defog on a Charizard-Y team (and it's good to have in general) so I am going to suggest another user, Skarmory:

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird/Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock/Spikes

Counter Skarmory is really good so I would try it although it is good if you have a wide knowledge of the meta-game to know when to use it.

Porygon 2: Seems fine to me.

Try these suggestions out, of course without testing we won't know if they work so have fun!

Hey man, I got your message on my profile. This an interesting team that looks good but could definitely use some tweaks. One thing I would add that would help all of us rate your team now and in the future is some threats to this team. This will allow us to suggest new team members to seal up the holes in the team to make it as solid as possible. Not a huge deal though, this is what I would change:

Conkeldurr: AV Conkeldurr is the best set by far imo. I would not change to Life Orb as Conk is better suited as a bulky attacker and not to Lefties either and you'll see why with one of the pokes I suggest later. This is the set that I would suggest:

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Charizard-Y: The changes you made seem fine. Roost is a must on this set for sure, I would THINK about switching Dragon Pulse to Earthquake however simply to hit Heatran which completely walls this set. This is something that you should test though since your team can handle Heatran fine and Dragon Pulse has better coverage overall.

Grumpig: Ya, Grumpig is for sure the member you need to change the most. As a cleric, I agree with you that Sylveon is the best possible choice (having Chansey and Porygon 2 on the team makes you fear Knock Off way too much) this is the set I would recommend:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell/Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Garchomp: I like the set, I would suggest Choice Scarf as your item though. Helps Garchomp outspeed all threats and we all know he hits hard already.

Scizor: This is a way to use Scizor for sure but, to be honest, it isn't that good of a way. You definitely need Defog on a Charizard-Y team (and it's good to have in general) so I am going to suggest another user, Skarmory:

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird/Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock/Spikes

Counter Skarmory is really good so I would try it although it is good if you have a wide knowledge of the meta-game to know when to use it.

Porygon 2: Seems fine to me.

Try these suggestions out, of course without testing we won't know if they work so have fun!
Thank You :D I love the Sylveon set but I'm not so sure about the Skarm for risk of not having knock off against a stall team. I also took the time to figure up some numbers for my new Scarfed Garchomp set which will be shown soon under a hidden tab once I figure out how to do it Thanks Again :)

Last edited:
Alright, this is a cool team but it does have some issues. I see Mega Pinsir as well as Talonflame. You have nothing to resist their powerful flying type attacks, making it quite difficult for you to counter them. You also have difficulty with mandibuzz, who can potentially stall out your entire team. Aegislash also does a huge number to your team simply with Shadow Ball + Sacred Sword, as you have nothing to reliably switch in and counter it, and Zard is pretty easy to wear down.
Don't put so many slashes. Atm I have absolutely no clue if this is even a team or a concept due to the sheer amount of slashing that is here.
I am going to replace Grumpig with Defensive Rotom-Wash. Unlike Sylveon / Blissey / Grumpig, Rotom doesn't lose a shit ton of momentum for your offensive team, but acts as an amazing pivot, especially aiding you against the threats I've pointed out. It also can burn a lot of physical setup sweepers which is key to your team's success, allowing you to get into the proper check / counter to the opponent every time. ChestoRest or Leftovers+Pain Split both will work.

Minor Changes:
Conkeldurr: Assault Vest > Everything, as even with Drain Punch, Life Orb / Flame Orb's recoil hampers Conkeldurr's success in the current metagame. By wearing a Assault Vest, you significantly increase your livability, but act as a near consistent check to Aegislash and other mixed threats. Ice Punch is significantly the best option, as you can deter things such as Mega Pinsir or Dragonite from setting up.
Charizard: Run either Roost or Air Slash > Dragon Pulse, as Dragon Pulse is near useless and is one of the worst coverage moves in existance. Use 4 Defense to get 2 switches into stealth rocks.
Scizor: Utilize Leftovers, as Rocky Helmet frankly isn't that good on Scizor, who doesn't want to be switching constantly into physical attackers in the first place. Leftovers gives it consistent recovery, letting it pivot more often to remove hazards, and is more reliable on the whole.
Garchomp: Stealth Rock > Stone Edge, as it gives your team a huge advantage in terms of pressuring many of the only threats to your team, such as D-Nite, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir. Alongside such, both a Focus Sash or Rocky Helmet would work. Outrage is the most reliable option it has, as Dragon Claw is extremely weak without boosts and frankly won't be doing much to anything early or late game.
Porygon2: Thunderbolt > Psyshock, as bulky attacker porygon's combination of BoltBeam + STAB is one of few reasons to even use it. In most cases a STAB tri-attack will do more to a fighting type than Psyshock will anyways, and Thunderbolt gets better coverage as a whole.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest

Alright, this is a cool team but it does have some issues. I see Mega Pinsir as well as Talonflame. You have nothing to resist their powerful flying type attacks, making it quite difficult for you to counter them. You also have difficulty with mandibuzz, who can potentially stall out your entire team. Aegislash also does a huge number to your team simply with Shadow Ball + Sacred Sword, as you have nothing to reliably switch in and counter it, and Zard is pretty easy to wear down.
Don't put so many slashes. Atm I have absolutely no clue if this is even a team or a concept due to the sheer amount of slashing that is here.
I am going to replace Grumpig with Defensive Rotom-Wash. Unlike Sylveon / Blissey / Grumpig, Rotom doesn't lose a shit ton of momentum for your offensive team, but acts as an amazing pivot, especially aiding you against the threats I've pointed out. It also can burn a lot of physical setup sweepers which is key to your team's success, allowing you to get into the proper check / counter to the opponent every time. ChestoRest or Leftovers+Pain Split both will work.

Minor Changes:
Conkeldurr: Assault Vest > Everything, as even with Drain Punch, Life Orb / Flame Orb's recoil hampers Conkeldurr's success in the current metagame. By wearing a Assault Vest, you significantly increase your livability, but act as a near consistent check to Aegislash and other mixed threats. Ice Punch is significantly the best option, as you can deter things such as Mega Pinsir or Dragonite from setting up.
Charizard: Run either Roost or Air Slash > Dragon Pulse, as Dragon Pulse is near useless and is one of the worst coverage moves in existance. Use 4 Defense to get 2 switches into stealth rocks.
Scizor: Utilize Leftovers, as Rocky Helmet frankly isn't that good on Scizor, who doesn't want to be switching constantly into physical attackers in the first place. Leftovers gives it consistent recovery, letting it pivot more often to remove hazards, and is more reliable on the whole.
Garchomp: Stealth Rock > Stone Edge, as it gives your team a huge advantage in terms of pressuring many of the only threats to your team, such as D-Nite, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir. Alongside such, both a Focus Sash or Rocky Helmet would work. Outrage is the most reliable option it has, as Dragon Claw is extremely weak without boosts and frankly won't be doing much to anything early or late game.
Porygon2: Thunderbolt > Psyshock, as bulky attacker porygon's combination of BoltBeam + STAB is one of few reasons to even use it. In most cases a STAB tri-attack will do more to a fighting type than Psyshock will anyways, and Thunderbolt gets better coverage as a whole.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest
Thank You :D Never would of though of air slash for dragon pulse and psyshock to thunderbolt. I've been trying to test out my scarf chomp set and it seems to work because of the slowness on my team. Also, Grumpig has been replaced by Sylveon due to heal bell and wish passing. I do ask what I should do with my scizor considering leftovers is taken and should I go for the Skarmory set as it allows for defog, stealth rocks, roost, and return?

Hey, Nice Team!

First of all, I would suggest Changing Scizors Set to a Choice Band Set. Scizor, while having a high defence stat, is not meant to wall things with it. Scizor is meant to be a powerfull pivot with the strongest U-Turn in the game, and a powefull revenge killer with bullet punch. By making scizor physically bulky, you lose the ability to do either one. Further more, Scizor can't exactly deal with physical attackers. Most sweepers generally have a set up move, such as Pinsir and Terrakion. Scizor becomes more of set-up bait for them, only being able to fight back with only a low-powered bullet punch. With the Choice Band, you have much more attack, Allowing it to be a powerful pivot and a revenge killer, other than set-up bait.

Now, with that change, your team now lacks a physical wall and a hazard remover. Mandibuzz fits this role nicely, being able to do both. So, I would suggest Replacing Porygon2 with Mandibuzz. With Knock off so prominent in the meta, Porygon2 is just a mediocre pokemon. It doesn't really support you team very well, other than using trace to your advantage. Mandibuzz, on the other hand, is a extremely bulky physical wall with access to defog, and a powefull STAB Foul Play. Mandibuzz does extremely well with physical attackers, so pokemon like Charizard X and Bisharp are less threatening. Also, it has access to defog, allowing your Charizard Y to shine.

Lastly, I would Suggest Focus Blast > Air Slash on Charizard. Charizard Ys Sun-Boosted Fire Blast is so powerful, it accually Outdamages a super-effective air slash.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr in Sun: 297-351 (71.7 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 270-320 (65.2 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Air Slash is pretty pointless tbh. Change it to Focus Blast allows you to get rid of Heatran, which would otherwise wall Your set.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Taunt / Whirlwind

Hope this helped!
Good Day to You Sir~

Hey, Nice Team!

First of all, I would suggest Changing Scizors Set to a Choice Band Set. Scizor, while having a high defence stat, is not meant to wall things with it. Scizor is meant to be a powerfull pivot with the strongest U-Turn in the game, and a powefull revenge killer with bullet punch. By making scizor physically bulky, you lose the ability to do either one. Further more, Scizor can't exactly deal with physical attackers. Most sweepers generally have a set up move, such as Pinsir and Terrakion. Scizor becomes more of set-up bait for them, only being able to fight back with only a low-powered bullet punch. With the Choice Band, you have much more attack, Allowing it to be a powerful pivot and a revenge killer, other than set-up bait.

Now, with that change, your team now lacks a physical wall and a hazard remover. Mandibuzz fits this role nicely, being able to do both. So, I would suggest Replacing Porygon2 with Mandibuzz. With Knock off so prominent in the meta, Porygon2 is just a mediocre pokemon. It doesn't really support you team very well, other than using trace to your advantage. Mandibuzz, on the other hand, is a extremely bulky physical wall with access to defog, and a powefull STAB Foul Play. Mandibuzz does extremely well with physical attackers, so pokemon like Charizard X and Bisharp are less threatening. Also, it has access to defog, allowing your Charizard Y to shine.

Lastly, I would Suggest Focus Blast > Air Slash on Charizard. Charizard Ys Sun-Boosted Fire Blast is so powerful, it accually Outdamages a super-effective air slash.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr in Sun: 297-351 (71.7 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 270-320 (65.2 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Air Slash is pretty pointless tbh. Change it to Focus Blast allows you to get rid of Heatran, which would otherwise wall Your set.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Taunt / Whirlwind

Hope this helped!
Good Day to You Sir~
Thanks so much! A complete overhaul will take place to this team a bit :) I like the Scizor and Mandibuzz set btw as it provides me with a decent wall against common threats that this team struggles with greatly but I do fear stone edge a little bit now but Thanks! (Who cares about a move with 80% accuracy?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)