Project Dream World
Theorymon originally had a lot of words here about how Ubers is stale, which is entirely opposite to the Dream World metagame. With DW changing radically due to the upcoming Black and White 2, many new sets are going to be discovered.
[box]Much like the old Project Ubers thread from Stark Mountain, this thread aims to be a creative movesets thread... except this is Project Ubers 2.0, which means that it's going to be a creative movesets thread that actually has a goal! This project's goal is to get all of us here is to test out, discuss, and explore new Uber sets, strategies, and niches, and then slowly build up a massive database (located in the 2nd post) of the great movesets and Pokemon that deserve more attention![/box]
- You must actually test out the sets you post! I know its really tempting to say "I HAVE A REALLY COOL IDEA FOR A SET", but lots of sets look cool on paper, that doesn't mean they actually work! If your post shows obvious signs of not testing the set, it will get deleted! Commenting on sets you haven't tested in response to other posts is fine though.
- When you post your sets, don't just post a set without a short description, people need to know the selling points of the set! Keep in mind that the set database will be organized into 3 distinct sections, remember these sections because they will affect the content of your post!
• Creative Movesets. These posts work a lot like they would in a normal creative movesets thread, so just include the selling points of the moveset and/or Pokemon.
• Standard Movesets with a TWIST. These are the kind of movesets that, while being similar to a standard moveset, make a modification that dramatically affects the Pokemon playstyle. This is mainly for stuff like a standard moveset having a unique item that has major selling points over the standard item, an EV spread that accomplishes a different goal, or a new move or two that alters the Pokemon's playstyle. Focus on how that small modification benefits the Pokemon in ways the regular item, moves, or ev spread can't achieve, and how this Pokemon's playstyle changes when compared to their standard set.
• Under Rated Movesets / Pokemon. There are several sets and mons out there that are well known to already work, but for some reason or another, just aren't used much, or have dramatically fallen in usage. When posting these sets, first focus on why you think the Pokemon's usage is low or why it has dropped so much. After that, give reasons for why you think this Pokemon is under rated. Think about answering questions like "Are there serious advantages to this Pokemon that most people miss?", "Does this Pokemon just need a specialized strategy to show its true potential?", and "How do you overcome the weaknesses that make this Pokemon's usage low?"
- Think before you post! If you're post is totally useless to the thread, it'll get deleted!