PS! Art Room Contest [Deadline: July 17th]

PS! Art Room Contest - Summer Vacation
Hosted by Nerina with permission from room owners.

Theme:
Summer vacation is just around the corner! The sun is shining, beautiful beaches are waiting, and of course: juicy, juicy watermelons. What happens in the Pokemon world during summer? Draw (or otherwise create) your summer (mis)adventures featuring humans and/or Pokemon in the Pokemon world.
Note: If your summer vacation doesn't coincide with the summer season, that's fine too! Draw your own interpretation of what your summer means :)

Judges:
Nerina, Bummer and Magistrum will be the main judges. Backup judge will be SolarisFox.

Scoring:
Creativity 40%
Execution 40%
Relevance to theme 20%

Prizes:
First place - $15 in Steam/Amazon gift cards or dA points*. 2 5IV custom-bred Pokemon. 1 request from a participating artist (Nerina, SailorCosmos, kbrph, more TBD).
Second place - $10 in Steam/Amazon gift cards or dA points*. 2 5IV custom-bred Pokemon.
Third place - 2 5IV custom-bred Pokemon.
Honorable mentions (if at least 10 entries are submitted) - One 5IV custom-bred Pokemon.
* Please contact Nerina if you prefer a different method.

Traditional 5IV spreads, 0 Speed and HP Ice/Fire/Fighting are possible.
Any breedable (non-Phione) Pokemon obtainable in Gen VI. Non Gen VI Pokemon on an availability basis.
Nature, abilities and gender on request. However, Pokemon with a 12.5% gender ratio (ie. female Eevee) may not be requested.
Egg moves and Pokeballs on request depending on availability.
Reporting for duty.

Also, for the prize pokemon I can also chip in any maison item/any berry/any move tutor move learned by that pokemon if requested by the winner. Have fun!
Prize Pokemon provided by Nerina and Magistrum. Thanks Magi!

Submission:
Submissions must be posted on this thread by 11.59pm PDT (UTC-7) on Sunday July 8th July 17th. Feel free to include an additional short text description, although the best entries will not need to rely on text to convey the story. There is no limit on the number of entries per person. However, only one entry from each person is eligible for a prize. Clarification: All of your entries will be scored, and we will use the highest scoring one :)

You do not need to be a regular member of the PS! Art Room to participate, but feel free to drop by and ask for feedback on your piece! You will need to have a valid Smogon account.

Any form of visual art (drawing, painting, crafts, etc) is accepted. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to adequately judge writing or audio entries. Although you are welcome to submit those entries anyway, they will not be considered for a prize.

FAQ:
Q: Can I submit something I've already drawn if it fits the theme?
A: Entries must be made specifically for this contest. You may not submit old art.

Q: Can I collaborate with another user on my submission?
A: Groups of 2-3 artists are allowed. However, in order to be fair to individual participants, group entries may be judged more harshly. Additionally, participants in a winning group will have to decide among themselves how to split the prizes.

Q: Can I use other people's stock/resources/brushes/etc?
A: You may use freely available resources as long as they are credited in your submission. You will not be penalized as long as they compliment your piece, but aren't a significant part of your work.

Q: Can I make references to / use information from Pokemon Sun and Moon trailers and other new releases?
A: Yes, and if you want to make sure that we get the reference, please feel free to mention it in your description.

Q: So the multiple entries thing...?
A: All of your entries will be scored, and we will use the highest scoring one :)

Q: Can we show WIPs and/or request feedback from judges?
A: I'm personally trying to avoid looking and commenting on WIPs before the contest ends to prevent biases, but the other two judges are free to look/comment if they like. However, feel free to request feedback from other people in the art room :)
More Questions?
Please feel free to contact Nerina here or on PS! Art Room!

Most importantly, have fun!

Last edited:

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Reporting for duty.

Also, for the prize pokemon I can also chip in any maison item/any berry/any move tutor move learned by that pokemon if requested by the winner. Have fun!

It was indeed meant to be Sunday July 17th! So about a day left.
Sorry I must have been sleepy when writing up the post. It has now been corrected :)
Great entries so far!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)