Unofficial Metagames Psychic Terrain Offense (AG) (Peak 2040 #1 on ladder)

Tapu Lele Is

• The Best Tapu

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • The Best Tapu

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • The Best Tapu

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • The Best Tapu

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • At least give me another option

Votes: 51 54.8%

• Total voters
Psychic Terrain Offense

Hello, my name is AnythingGoesLegend, I have been playing anything goes for about 3 years now and I have been laddering seriously for about 2 of those. Over the past couple months, I have become decently well known among the ag community for using psychic spam on ladder. Psychic Spam is a variant of Hyper offense that Abuses Pokemon that are better in psychic terrain.

Deoxys is a prime example of a pokemon that is boosted by psychic terrain when deoxys is in psychic terrain, Deoxys-Attack’s biggest weakness is priority moves when in psychic terrain all pokemon are immune to priority moves thereby negating deoxys’s biggest weakness.

I have been laddering with this psyspam team for about 2 months now and here is my peak:

Here is a song to listen to because most rmts have one and I didn't want to feel left out:

Without stalling too much here is the team:

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe

Hasty Nature

- Psycho Boost

- Low Kick

- Stealth Rock

- Taunt

This Deoxys is on the team as the team’s honorary lead, it is the first line of attack. This pokemon's main job is to set up rocks and beat opposing leads with powerful psycho boosts and low kicks. Taunt prevents opposing leads from setting up their own hazards and is actually very effective at preventing rocks from going up on the field.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z

Ability: Prism Armor

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance

- Photon Geyser

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge/Rock Blast

Necrozma dm is the teams physical sweeper, if you see a pokemon on the opposing team that deoxys would normally have trouble with I would use necrozma dm instead. Necrozma also can beat the steel types that deoxys and xerneas have trouble with by using earthquake and blast through defensive walls with a powerful light that burns the sky. Rock blast can be run over stone edge if you want a more accurate move that beats baton pass and vivillon.

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Nasty Plot

- Psychic

- Ice Beam

- Dark Pulse

Nastly plot deoxys is probably the scariest pokemon on this team, after a nasty plot deoxys proceeds to sweep through many teams without a problem Psychic ohko’s almost everything in the game, Ice beam allows deoxys to kill zygarde without boosts and allows it to deal damage
to darkeus before it dies as well as beating yveltal. Dark pulse is on the set because it can deal massive damage to necrozma dm and sometimes manage to kill in two hits if it flinches.

Xerneas @ Power Herb

Ability: Fairy Aura

EVs: 164 Def / 252 SpA / 92 Spe

Modest Nature

- Geomancy

- Moonblast

- Focus Blast

- Psyshock

Xerneas is probably the highlight of this team, Xerneas in psychic terrain is one of the scariest threats in the game, many teams rely on poisonceus or blissey/chansey to beat xerneas but under psychic terrain that is no longer the case, suddenly psyshock can ohko blissey and arceus poison and those teams suddenly have no answer to xerneas. Xerneas also runs focus blast to beat steelceus and ferrothorn.

Deoxys-Attack @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Mild Nature

- Psycho Boost

- Ice Beam

- Superpower

- Dark Pulse

Choice scarf deoxys is in the teams as sort of an in case of emergency pokemon, this pokemon can beat other scarfers that normally threaten this team as well as beat pokemon such as xerneas after a geomancy and mray after a dragon dance, psycho boost deals a ton of damage to most pokemon and superpower is able to break through mons like steelceus, ferrothorn and arceus dark.

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender

Ability: Psychic Surge

Timid Nature

- Taunt

- Magic Coat

- Moonblast

- Psychic

Tapu lele is the team’s psychic terrain setter and support. Taunt and magic coat allow it to play a support role on the team while psychic and moonblast can deal surprising amounts of damage to common threats. Lele if played correctly can also beat many of the teams threats such as yveltal and darkeus. Lele also acts as a fantastic anti lead against pokemon like shuckle and deo speed

Other options:

Deoxys speed instead of lead deo attack makes the team more predictable but better against leads that deo a can't beat such as ferrothorn

Safeguard over magic coat on lele allows the team to beat stall consistantly

Mewtwo could work on the team but is not as powerful as deoxys

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-869916745 Vs Mixing Dat Beat

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-869897033 Vs Robyn

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-867258429 Vs Shivam

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-865977704 Vs AYG

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-865817213 Vs Shiratzu

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-863582433 Vs Tic Tac Toe guru

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-863541844 Vs Pulsar512b

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-862577376 Vs Lorgone

Threats to the team:

Fast Choice scarfers are a huge threat to this team, usually able to out speed most of the team’s sweepers and put an end to their sweeps,

When ever I see a ditto in team preview I almost want to forfeit, usually a well-played scarf ditto destroys this team

+
the Darkeus + special Defensive Necrozma DM is a relatively common core and beats this team very reliably With both mons able to wall the entire team collectively

Ferrothorn is hard to break through for my team and can be really annoying at times

Celesteela is here for the same reason as ferrothorn

Walls every special attacker on this team

Sticky webs are a major hindrance to the team, usually to beat a stick webs team I have to lead lele and magic coat the webs so there are webs on both sides. But because all of my pokemon are grounded sticky webs affects all of my pokemon
Deoxys speed can almost always get rocks up on the team, this team has no way to get rocks off the field so you are essentially playing without your nasty plot deoxys

(Too lazy too add picture but imagine trick room) Trick room is a very difficult matchup, every pokemon is insanely fast and insanely frail making trick room a terrible matchup
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Dark Pulse

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Whoever told me about nasty plot deo in psychic terrain (Forgot your name)
Shivam For raging every time I fight him
Legendoftish for the idea of using geoxern on psychic terrain

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
I'd like to give an example of how this team can be defeated. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-882052991
Not the exact same team, but almost identical.
Basically, I have scarf ray. That, and marshadow. And ferrothorn. IE 3 pokes this team really hates. I led with marsh, predicted the lele swap, killed the lele when it came in, stalled out psychic terrain, but he set up xern, so I ended up losing a couple pokes. Between marsh's sneak and ray's dragon ascent, it went down. I sacked ferro for necrozma, then came back in with ray and started dracoing. He swapped and I took out what I think was his scarf deoxys, and then brought a sash down to it's sash, sacced ray, came in with xern, set up, and finished off his last two.

I'd like to give an example of how this team can be defeated. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-882052991
Not the exact same team, but almost identical.
Basically, I have scarf ray. That, and marshadow. And ferrothorn. IE 3 pokes this team really hates. I led with marsh, predicted the lele swap, killed the lele when it came in, stalled out psychic terrain, but he set up xern, so I ended up losing a couple pokes. Between marsh's sneak and ray's dragon ascent, it went down. I sacked ferro for necrozma, then came back in with ray and started dracoing. He swapped and I took out what I think was his scarf deoxys, and then brought a sash down to it's sash, sacced ray, came in with xern, set up, and finished off his last two.
I mentioned scarfers and ferrothorn as major threats to the team already you don't need to say that again

I still feel like Ice Beam could hit a lot more, in my opinion.
But nevertheless, Thunderbolt could take care of Yveltal and Celesteela better so it is a pretty situational change.
Yeah usually ice beam would be better coverage but then I realized that pretty much anything that died to ice beam also died to a +2 terrain boosted psychic and the reason I had it was to beat yveltal and sometimes to bop zygarde, I was constantly losing to celesteela teams that had a unecro check so I decided maybe Thunderbolt was a good idea

The only drawback is it makes deo less useful outside of terrain and without the boost because now it lacks the ability to kill mray and zygarde with the terrain and boost so I think it comes down to preference

I just realized if they have deo speed or shuckle you can just lead off with lele and use magic coat then switch in your nasty plot deo and still potentially get a sweep with it

So today achieved a new peak with this team 2040 so I thought I would update my rmt with changes I made to the team

New proof of peak
Screenshot_20190621-060404_Samsung Internet.jpg

Changes

1553526499982.png

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 104 Def / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

The new ev spread is to outspeed scarf ray after Geomancy, although you lose the ability to safely set up on life Orb ray scarf ray is a much bigger threat to the team
1553526406636.png

Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

I have been running low Kick over Superpower mainly because it deals with arceus dark better than superpower
1553526406636.png

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

I made this change a while ago but Thunderbolt deo is able to deal with celesteela while not losing its ability to deal with yveltal

Importable
https://pokepast.es/335a46ae4ef8529e

Last edited:
Very good change. However, I believe that there shouldn't be one lele within the psyspam team. One lele can potentially reduce the chances of a sweep with your Deoxys. This is because anyone can predict the switch of one lele on marsh. Since Marsh is quite commonly used in AG, it is suggested to use more than one lele for a more successful psyspam sweep.

Very good change. However, I believe that there shouldn't be one lele within the psyspam team. One lele can potentially reduce the chances of a sweep with your Deoxys. This is because anyone can predict the switch of one lele on marsh. Since Marsh is quite commonly used in AG, it is suggested to use more than one lele for a more successful psyspam sweep.
Marsh isn't usually a threat to this team tbh, it is an easy to set up on with xern and necro (just don't ultra burst the sd turn) and dies to deoxys, the way you play single lele psyspam is to preserve lele at all costs. Don't sac lele unless absolutely necessary. My go to sac on this team is scarf deo if rocks aren't up and if rocks are up then I usually sac np deo. I feel double lele doesn't work as well because you are using a team slot that can go to a sweeper or a pokemon with an important role. Tbh I have made misplays before where I switch lele in on a spectral theif and lose my ability to sweep but usually that doesn't happen when I am up against marsh.

Levanos

Banned deucer.
Very bad change since that will let me Flex with Pdon v you so that you run outta Psyterrain ez
Why not just go with Focus Blast instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)