ORAS UU Psyshock and Awe (Semi-stall)

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Opening:
Hey guys its been awhile, and this will be my second RMT. I wanted this round to revolve around something I have been experimenting with for awhile now. Now I know this may sound silly to the lot of you BUT give it a chance. I only want to share with you a fun team ive been using quite abit recently.

*applause*​
Now before i get into explaining this lord and his role in the meta allow me to go through the team building process with ya.

The team itself revolves around the mon thats been getting allot of talk lately in the VR rankings:

@Assault vest
@Regenarator
@Modest (max S.attack)/(Max HP)
Future Sight/Psyshock/Focus Miss/Energy ball​
Reuni is a mon with great coverage and surprise factor as most expect the average CM set. The set alone is capable of tanking a wide variety of Special and physical attackers in the tier and returning fire with either KOing the mon or at least seriously damaging it. Mons like Hydreigon cant even kill this green blob with specs dark pulse (dw he will flinch anyways). The mons main role on the team is usually taking a serious blow like draco/leaf storm/over heat/etc and then switching out into a mon to punish the drops while at the same time it can safely come in on mons like nidoqueen and just freely attack or throw up a future sight. I have debated with running shadow ball over energy ball for doublade but just decided I would rather hit common switch ins like krook more reliably by having some prior dmg on the krook instead of relying on Focus Miss it also allows me to kill off mons like swampert, seismatoad, and also hit cune switch ins harder.
The next thing that came to mind was some sort of supporting pivot as well as a scald switch in since we know UU has hot wataa flying everywhere.

@Ampharosite
Static->Mold breaker
@Bold (max HP)/(max Def)
Rest/Volt Switch/Dragon Pulse/Sleep Talk​
Ampharos is a great switch in to scald, fire spam, and common pivots. Ampharos offers reuni more opportunities to come in for free while at the same time it scares out some bulky waters like cune as they fear a possible t-bolt. it also punishes some defoggors while grabbing momentum unexpectedly with sleep talk thwarting switch ins that attempt to gamble on sleep turns. dragon pulse allows it to slam opponents trying to get cheeky by trying to block a volt switch. Its bulk is usually underestimated due to ampahros being an underrated mega in the UU tier.

At this point I was building a weakness towards gator and krookodile so i thought the next mon should be something that could aid future sight while at the same time fixing this issue.

Leftovers
pressure
@Bold (240 HP)/(16 Speed)/(max Def)
Scald/Roar/Rest/Sleep talk​
Ya I know how unoriginal....BUT sadly this works wonders as its a great secondary switch in to physical attackers while at the same time deals with mamo, krook, and gator. So hate all you want point is suicune with future sight is a great combo as it stops mons like krook switching into scald while at the same time you can use roar to shuffle a possibly psychic weak mon into a 120 BP future sight. this also gets in the way of stall mons like wish blissey or umbreon attempting to get their health back from the sp.attack chips. Suicune allows me to keep the stall together by throwing out slow setup like cobalion and doublade or just going for a clean scald burn and spreading status on offensive teams. this also ties into the reason im using malamar which i will explain at the end.

Looking back now I wanted some way to grab momentum back from opposing volt-turn teams and some way to control hazards to increase the stalls overall longevity.

eviolite
Hyper Cutter
@Careful (max HP)/(max Sp.def)/(4 atk)
U-turn/EQ/Roost/Defog​
Gliger filled in the hole that SD lucario (lacking ice punch of course dammit Hoggg) while at the same time prevents volt switches from mons like ampharos, rotoms, heliolisk, and cobalion. Sp.def gliger also blocks out low ladder sticky web teams since 99% of galvantula cant even touch gligar. Now i dont know how much ive had to say this before this is not a fighting spam switch in and should only be used as one if you are in deep shit. The eviolite is the only thing allowing gligar to perform its roll correctly as a pivot on special attackers; second this item is knocked off its usually dead weight for the team. with that said this mon is a great defogger and is great at retrieving stolen momentum.

At this point I realized i was lacking some physical power so I decided to make use of the recent pidgeot ban and bring back an old bud of mine.

Choice Band
Blaze
jolly (max Atk)/(max speed)
CC/U-turn/Stealth Rocks/Flare Blitz​
At first I had stone edge over stealth rocks but after going game after game I realized this thing never gets the chance to use it since its just much easier to keep momentum up by u-turning on chande or crobat switch ins to reuni and just dropping big dmg. Instead I realized it scared out a large amount of the tier and had allot of chances to throw up stealth rocks instead which I know can be horrible on a choice locked mon, but you have a decent amount of switch ins seeing how this is a semistall so i thought it would be just fine since most ppl dont want to risk taking a banded apes attack just to get a free turn on the rocks. This also offers me decent revenging ability in bad situations and breaks down allot of its own checks with momentum alone. This also aids with the abomasnow weakness ive built up so far while at the same time offering me a last resort switch in to dreigon pulses if necessary.

Now as the final addition to the team we come to the issue of any slow setup ive been roaring out all game such as snorlax, reuni, crocune, etc.

Leftovers
contrary
@Careful (max Sp.def)/(max HP)
Superpower/Knock Off/Rest/Sleep Talk​
Now we come to lord malamar, his role is to sit in the back waiting for the late game cleanup while at the same time countering every type of reuniclus barring signal beam which even then is a 2HKO unless offensive. Its great as last stand versus allot of slow setup in the UU tier and is only really troubled by snorlax if it begins cursing beforehand which is why infernape was added to the team just in case shit hits the fan. The beauty of malamar is you dont really fear drops from shadow ball or the likes since it only ends up boosting your sp.def. Sticky webs is sometimes better off left on the field versus slower teams since it usually ends up becoming a buffet for a malamar sweep as long as there arent any fast turners still alive like beedrill. The issue i find allot is Superpower's pathetic PP count I usually deal with this by trying my best to rely on rest talking out super powers early game so i can save them up on mons like crocune whose pressure can really put a damper on malamars slow setup. I have to shout out Ayo SB for the idea since I only really felt like using it after seeing him have such great success with it as stalls reuni counter.

Team Tune Ups:
First off aboma can be quite a handful so if you arent used to playing around mons like I am you are probably better off switching infernape for pivot cobalion (sr/volt switch/cc or sacred sword/iron head). I only like infernape just because i kinda need the fire power to make games fly by allot faster when versing mons like forretress or cune since infernape just u-turns and messes around with teams. You can also Change reuniclus' energy ball for shadow ball if you really are having troubles messing around with doublade which i dont think is necessary seeing as how the team has got a mega amphy and a roar cune to deal with the haunted swords.
How to play it out:
There is no "dedicated lead" but amphy is usually a great lead versus any team not running mamo which if they are infernape u-turning into cune is the best option to break sash then just drop a scald on it. The team at its core is volt turn so keeping momentum is important, and put trust in gliger you would be amazed to see how much it can actually take:
Heliolisk:
252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 107-126 (32 - 37.7%) -- 90.7% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 143-169 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
Hydreigon:
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 169-200 (50.5 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 105-125 (31.4 - 37.4%) -- 80.4% chance to 3HKO
Amphros-mega:
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 115-136 (34.4 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In most cases as long as you keep gligar healthy you can actually roost off the dmg or in taunt dreigons case at least slow turn out into reuniclus.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stealth Rock

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Future Sight

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Thanks for Reading!!!!
Hope you enjoy the team​

Last edited:

Lixx

Banned deucer.
Hey man nice team thank you for sharing!, Kreme is right though the way you have the sets is a bit confusing. Aside from that I've played with it a good amount of times and the only gripe I have about it is lacking rocks/healbell somewhere. Enjoying it killintime keep up the good work :]

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lol i appreciate it lixx and had taken rocks into acc but i ended up giving you the old team without rocks nape sorry about that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)